2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

MSCCCCCC

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by MSCCCCCC » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Bahador wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:53 pm
MSCCCCCC wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:48 pm
query for those who have been through this before. what comes first, the email or the change in the portal? Or is it simultaneous? Also does everybody get the email around the same time or is over an entire day?
Genuinely, the email pops up when you have something changed in your portal.
The email most likely looks that you have some notification in the EU portal! So first some changes in portal then automatically you will get an email...
The approved candidates got their results before the usual announcement date, but suppose that is not always a certain point to stick with...

michelef

Post by michelef » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:00 pm

MSCCCCCC wrote:
query for those who have been through this before. what comes first, the email or the change in the portal? Or is it simultaneous? Also does everybody get the email around the same time or is over an entire day?
I applied in 2018 and I've got the email first, but couldn't access the portal to see the evaluation report... But many other people said the opposite, that they first saw the evaluation report but didn't receive any rejection/grant agreement preparation email. It depends on how messed up the system gets at the time of results announcement

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:03 pm

michelef wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:00 pm
MSCCCCCC wrote:
I applied in 2018 and I've got the email first, but couldn't access the portal to see the evaluation report... But many other people said the opposite, that they first saw the evaluation report but didn't receive any rejection/grant agreement preparation email. It depends on how messed up the system gets at the time of results announcement
Same for me for the 2019 call!

cgchem

Post by cgchem » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:07 pm

Bahador wrote:
MSCCCCCC wrote:
The email most likely looks that you have some notification in the EU portal! So first some changes in portal then automatically you will get an email...
The approved candidates got their results before the usual announcement date, but suppose that is not always a certain point to stick with...
Last year was a mess in my opinion. As far as I remember, people started receiving emails in the morning (EET). I received mine only at around 4 (edited) pm that same day, and at the time I received the email, the ESR was uploaded at the portal. Before the email, there was no change on the portal and the ESR was not available.

Also, the email title clearly says if you were rejected.

Taha2021

Post by Taha2021 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:11 pm

lucaJ wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:06 am
Guys, I've been told that a winner in math (european fellowship) got the answer this morning.
So it seems they started sending emails. I don't know if they proceed per panel..
Did you get any additional info on the guy? Was he really applying for msca? :(

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:14 pm

cgchem wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:07 pm
Bahador wrote:
MSCCCCCC wrote:
Last year was a mess in my opinion. As far as I remember, people started receiving emails in the morning (EET). I received mine only at around 4 (edited) pm that same day, and at the time I received the email, the ESR was uploaded at the portal. Before the email, there was no change on the portal and the ESR was not available.

It was not my case,
I had an email, without any info in the title...totally like you have a notification in the portal!
But probably for rejected applicants they did/do so (under threshold I mean)...
I believe you can not find a true pattern by heart!

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:56 pm

If we don't have the results today, it is unlikely that we have them tomorrow...

As they seem to give the accepted and rejected results on two different days, if they give the results to those who received the grant on Friday and then to those who where rejected on Monday, it will be a very difficult weekend for many of us, and very evil from them :evil:

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:01 pm

At this point it is unlikely we will get results this week

cgchem

Post by cgchem » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:03 pm

Bahador wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:14 pm
cgchem wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:07 pm
Bahador wrote:

It was not my case,
I had an email, without any info in the title...totally like you have a notification in the portal!
But probably for rejected applicants they did/do so (under threshold I mean)...
I believe you can not find a true pattern by heart!
I don't know what else to think now :lol: :lol: I was above threshold though (above 70, but not funded)...

my conclusion is that they really make it difficult for us, even when we are only waiting for results :lol:

alherpo

Post by alherpo » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:14 pm

Do we know how was the process for the ERC? It looks like we won't sleep on Sunday.. They will start sending e-mails automatically at midnight and try to send most of them that day.