2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

lolome

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by lolome » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:51 pm

We don't know. Everything is pure speculation.
ramga wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:49 pm
expert_pastMC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:45 pm
check under "phase" in the text. It would be either EVALUATION or RANKING

ramga wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:39 pm

Thanks!! And then? Where it is suppose that I should look? I cannot see the word "evaluation" there.... fingers crossed!!
it is written RANKING
(any message behind this word?... what should mean being in "evaluation" o in "ranking"?)

xman25

Post by xman25 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:57 pm

I'm also the minority in evaluation.
It is my first time for the fellowship, and I applied with the best institute in that country, and the top professor in the field for it.

Maybe I'm below the threshold, I don't know.

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 pm

Well, in Brussels they read this forum (Hello, there!) and they read the previous forum (the owlocation...) and they can easily notice weird accesses to the portal. So that problem would have been fixed in any case.
For the evaluation phase, I am not so sure. This time everything is working clearly in a different way. Portal, timing, the widening fellowship, etc... all these factors make any comparison with previous years very difficult.
expert_pastMC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:26 pm
it was 2 years ago that the link to the (hidden) results was found - then, people who didn't like what they were seeing (ie not funded), reported the link to the EC and that is how the EC was notified about this glitch in the system. If it were not for those people, still today you should have been able to follow the status of your application. I think what can be said with relative certainty this year is that those who are still in EVALUATION in the outdated link are below the threshold.

evolved wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:20 pm
They are very good this year. At this point there is absolutely nothing that we can use to predict the result

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Hey Brussels, give me the fellowship please :lol: :lol:

Bren

Post by Bren » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Why would they read this forum?
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 pm
Well, in Brussels they read this forum (Hello, there!) and they read the previous forum (the owlocation...) and they can easily notice weird accesses to the portal. So that problem would have been fixed in any case.
For the evaluation phase, I am not so sure. This time everything is working clearly in a different way. Portal, timing, the widening fellowship, etc... all these factors make any comparison with previous years very difficult.
expert_pastMC wrote:
it was 2 years ago that the link to the (hidden) results was found - then, people who didn't like what they were seeing (ie not funded), reported the link to the EC and that is how the EC was notified about this glitch in the system. If it were not for those people, still today you should have been able to follow the status of your application. I think what can be said with relative certainty this year is that those who are still in EVALUATION in the outdated link are below the threshold.

evolved wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:20 pm
They are very good this year. At this point there is absolutely nothing that we can use to predict the result

keep_chr

Post by keep_chr » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:38 pm

maybe they just test the system and see if we could get any leaks from it :shock: 8-)

cukovic

Post by cukovic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Damn, they should be faster. Is it too hard to draw the line? They can immediately inform all under that line. We can't plan another applications or accept offers from another places... It is not fair if they give grant to one person more than once. One candidate got MSCA IF after second attempt and applied again this year after being on a reserve list. :twisted: :x

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Bren wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 pm
Why would they read this forum?
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 pm
expert_pastMC wrote:

Don't know why, but it's clear that they did and probably still doing. Two years ago they were aware of the link when it was published in owlcation. Indeed, after the publication, they started to hide some of the fields of the links. I remember that in the original link was even possible to see if a proposal was in the MAINLIST (funded), the name of the assigned EC officers responsible for the GAP and other information. Once the link was discovered, they changed everything. My guess is that the new portal addressed this problem and what we can see now in the outofdate is completely irrelevant. It's very likely that the critical information is now totally hidden.
Last edited by IF ST LIF on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm

I do not remember well but last year (or two years ago in the other forum), someone suddenly appeared saying something that sounded clearly from "Brussels" and when trying accessing the portal with the magic link, someone found strange things (clearly done to make fun of those using the link). After that leak two years ago (which I imagine was a big issue in Brussels) I guess that sometimes they check on applicants forum what happens outside. Well, I do not have any evidence this year, but I find it highly probable.

cukovic

Post by cukovic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm

keep_chr wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:38 pm
maybe they just test the system and see if we could get any leaks from it :shock: 8-)
Maintenance message vanished... Maybe they are going to release that red button...