2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

livingreef

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by livingreef » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Nothing really new, but this is a reply I just received from my host institution:

"the outcomes (both positive and negative ones) will be published on the participant portal as soon as you receive an email notification.
The National contact point told us they have been delayed for technical problems, but tomorrow should be the deadline for sending out communications set by the European Commission."

Pratibha

Post by Pratibha » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

So they ask for ID?
But the guy who was having result was asking for Acronym.
SimpaLif wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm
restyupft wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi people, it amuses me how some of us here so easily trust what others say. :roll: I personally dont believe NCPd know the results. It doesn’t just make sense that the EC had the time to distribute the reaults all the way from brussels to turkey or to UK or Moldova or Poland, or wherever when they are having difficulty with their system or have not finished consolidating the reports yet. How real are those people claiming they have the result?Do we even know if they are telling the truth? Obviously some of us here are having fun making the others go nuts by saying they have results,etc. The only possible reason that is not hard to believe is that they havent finished corroborating reports just yet due to the volume of applications this year.
They have for sure. They asked me for id and she found it, and said i was very close to reserve list. And yes, they have no full details about projects and candidates as somone said here. :lol: What a lucky. Phew!

restyupft

Post by restyupft » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Of course there could be other reasons why the delay. For example, Theresa May’s visit in Brussels. Four days ago she was in brussels. This might have paralyzed the operation at the EC headquarters. :lol:
AdinaBabesh wrote: 8.2% increase compared to 2017 ...
spectral wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm
restyupft wrote:
Hi people, it amuses me how some of us here so easily trust what others say. :roll: I personally dont believe NCPd know the results. It doesn’t just make sense that the EC had the time to distribute the reaults all the way from brussels to turkey or to UK or Moldova or Poland, or wherever when they are having difficulty with their system or have not finished consolidating the reports yet. How real are those people claiming they have the result?Do we even know if they are telling the truth? Obviously some of us here are having fun making the others go nuts by saying they have results,etc. The only possible reason that is not hard to believe is that they havent finished corroborating reports just yet due to the volume of applications this year.
I believe some people might be just trolling here, of course. However, as I said earlier, the number of applications was not that much higher compared to last year (+741 applications) that it would cause huge delays, I think. If that truly is the reason, EC has some serious issues with their IT systems... :lol:

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 pm

So what? They have all year to test shit and prepare for the worst.
By the time I have prepared, submitted and waited for the results, i became a parent, finished my first postdoc, published one paper, prepared another one, submitted two other fellowship, changed country, got into med-school and successfully finished the first semester.

And they can't prepare a platform that send notification automatically?

Sorry, but i missing something.

I will try from now on, when someone ask for something, to do the same: write every day a message on twitter saying that i will do what requested by the end of the current week some day between midnight of some random day and never.

Feck off!
IF ST LIF wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm
spectral wrote:
restyupft wrote:
I believe some people might be just trolling here, of course. However, as I said earlier, the number of applications was not that much higher compared to last year (+741 applications) that it would cause huge delays, I think. If that truly is the reason, EC has some serious issues with their IT systems... :lol:
Remember that they have changed the platform.

restyupft

Post by restyupft » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi negasphaera, you are indeed mega! I can only think of wonder woman with all the things you achieved in such a short period of time. :) Anyway, let us just be more patient. We don’t really know what the reason is. :)
megasphaera wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 pm
By the time I have prepared, submitted and waited for the results, i became a parent, finished my first postdoc, published one paper, prepared another one, submitted two other fellowship, changed country, got into med-school and successfully finished the first semester.

I will try from now on, when someone ask for something, to do the same: write every day a message on twitter saying that i will do what requested by the end of the current week some day between midnight of some random day and never.

Feck off!
IF ST LIF wrote:
spectral wrote:

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Gosh... they wrote "tomorrow should be the deadline"... NO NO tomorrow IS the FINAL deadline. There is no doubt there. If there is a doubt there, I am worried that even tomorrow they could not be ready to release results...
livingreef wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm
Nothing really new, but this is a reply I just received from my host institution:

"the outcomes (both positive and negative ones) will be published on the participant portal as soon as you receive an email notification.
The National contact point told us they have been delayed for technical problems, but tomorrow should be the deadline for sending out communications set by the European Commission."

restyupft

Post by restyupft » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm

restyupft wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi megasphaera, you are indeed mega! I can only think of wonder woman with all the things you achieved in such a short period of time. :) Anyway, let us just be more patient. We don’t really know what the reason is. :)
megasphaera wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Feck off!
IF ST LIF wrote:

aalpha

Post by aalpha » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi there, this is another applicant waiting for the results :-)
It will be hard to get the IF, but you can help me win another MSCA contest :-D

https://woobox.com/83hphv/gallery/BLQalkJlS_8

Would you give me your vote? Even just to kill time :-D

Good luck to everyone!

Alberto

amannu

Post by amannu » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

I fully agree, tomorrow IS the deadline....
danGFSOC wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Gosh... they wrote "tomorrow should be the deadline"... NO NO tomorrow IS the FINAL deadline. There is no doubt there. If there is a doubt there, I am worried that even tomorrow they could not be ready to release results...
livingreef wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm

MSCA_IF_Chem

Post by MSCA_IF_Chem » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Theresa May also applied?? And went to Brussels for her result?

restyupft wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:17 pm
Of course there could be other reasons why the delay. For example, Theresa May’s visit in Brussels. Four days ago she was in brussels. This might have paralyzed the operation at the EC headquarters. :lol:
AdinaBabesh wrote: 8.2% increase compared to 2017 ...
spectral wrote: