2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

etho

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by etho » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm

If it becomes too long, go listening to I will survive :)
Turpentine wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:55 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!
Listening Superstition (Stevie Wonder), pressing F5 with a rabbit's foot... :shock:
etho wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm
Don't you think this forum has been created just to run an alternative version of the Stanford experience? Most of us would have been unconsciously assigned as applicants while others simply manipulate us by disclosing different types of information to see how to interpret that information. A psycho-sociological study on how people use rumors on possible outcomes concerning them to reduce stress and anxiety. Maybe this is the last deliverable of a MSCA project already funded a few years ago??? :D :D :D :D :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

More seriously, I just think we're all going crazy now! Maybe we should just share our favorite music. I'm currently listening Youngblood Brassband, incredible Madison's brass band. If you don't know, have an ear to Brooklyn!

Cheers!
Etienne

Turpentine

Post by Turpentine » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:03 pm

:P I may try Stressed out (Twenty One pilots) first.. :)
etho wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm
If it becomes too long, go listening to I will survive :)
Turpentine wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:55 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!
Listening Superstition (Stevie Wonder), pressing F5 with a rabbit's foot... :shock:
etho wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm
Don't you think this forum has been created just to run an alternative version of the Stanford experience? Most of us would have been unconsciously assigned as applicants while others simply manipulate us by disclosing different types of information to see how to interpret that information. A psycho-sociological study on how people use rumors on possible outcomes concerning them to reduce stress and anxiety. Maybe this is the last deliverable of a MSCA project already funded a few years ago??? :D :D :D :D :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

More seriously, I just think we're all going crazy now! Maybe we should just share our favorite music. I'm currently listening Youngblood Brassband, incredible Madison's brass band. If you don't know, have an ear to Brooklyn!

Cheers!
Etienne

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

SimpaLif wrote:
restyupft wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi people, it amuses me how some of us here so easily trust what others say. :roll: I personally dont believe NCPd know the results. It doesn’t just make sense that the EC had the time to distribute the reaults all the way from brussels to turkey or to UK or Moldova or Poland, or wherever when they are having difficulty with their system or have not finished consolidating the reports yet. How real are those people claiming they have the result?Do we even know if they are telling the truth? Obviously some of us here are having fun making the others go nuts by saying they have results,etc. The only possible reason that is not hard to believe is that they havent finished corroborating reports just yet due to the volume of applications this year.
They have for sure. They asked me for id and she found it, and said i was very close to reserve list. And yes, they have no full details about projects and candidates as somone said here. :lol: What a lucky. Phew!
Is your host in Moldova? Did you applied from Moldova?

AdinaBabesh

Post by AdinaBabesh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm

I still don't get why NCPs receive the results before the official release? What are the reasons for that?
SimpaLif wrote:
restyupft wrote:
Hi people, it amuses me how some of us here so easily trust what others say. :roll: I personally dont believe NCPd know the results. It doesn’t just make sense that the EC had the time to distribute the reaults all the way from brussels to turkey or to UK or Moldova or Poland, or wherever when they are having difficulty with their system or have not finished consolidating the reports yet. How real are those people claiming they have the result?Do we even know if they are telling the truth? Obviously some of us here are having fun making the others go nuts by saying they have results,etc. The only possible reason that is not hard to believe is that they havent finished corroborating reports just yet due to the volume of applications this year.
They have for sure. They asked me for id and she found it, and said i was very close to reserve list. And yes, they have no full details about projects and candidates as somone said here. :lol: What a lucky. Phew!

spectral

Post by spectral » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm

restyupft wrote:
I believe some people might be just trolling here, of course. However, as I said earlier, the number of applications was not that much higher compared to last year (+741 applications) that it would cause huge delays, I think. If that truly is the reason, EC has some serious issues with their IT systems... :lol:

AdinaBabesh

Post by AdinaBabesh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:11 pm

8.2% increase compared to 2017 ...
spectral wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm
restyupft wrote:
I believe some people might be just trolling here, of course. However, as I said earlier, the number of applications was not that much higher compared to last year (+741 applications) that it would cause huge delays, I think. If that truly is the reason, EC has some serious issues with their IT systems... :lol:

academic_guru

Post by academic_guru » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:12 pm

SimpaLif wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:47 pm
filipo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:28 am
Got info from a colleague's home institution (Poland). Cut-offs for standard fellowships:

93.00 MSCA-IF-2018 ENG
92.40 MSCA-IF-2018 ENV
93.60 MSCA-IF-2018 LIF
92.60 MSCA-IF-2018 MAT
90.80 MSCA-IF-2018 PHY
92.60 MSCA-IF-2018 SOC
According to my score, this seems to be true.
Any idea about panel CHEM?

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

spectral wrote:
restyupft wrote:
Remember that they have changed the platform.

spectral

Post by spectral » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

AdinaBabesh wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:11 pm
8.2% increase compared to 2017 ...
spectral wrote:
restyupft wrote:
...which is even lower than our chances of getting funded. ;)

spectral

Post by spectral » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm

IF ST LIF wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm
spectral wrote:
restyupft wrote:
Remember that they have changed the platform.
Oh they have? I didn't know about that as this is my first time applying. In that case I can probably accept the delay. :D