2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

MSCAEDIN

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by MSCAEDIN » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 pm

So still nobody receives the official email? Are we supposed to get the emails this afternoon/evening, or tomorrow morning?

AdinaBabesh

Post by AdinaBabesh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:16 pm

I still don't get why the NCP and/or host institutions must receive the results before the official notification?
kassiek wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm
MscaEnv wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm
Come on guys, it is all upon your ncps, host or home institution. They all have results already. It's monday, call them all and they will give you results. All they have them except candidates. I got mine directly from host, and my girlfriend from her host ncp. Good luck.
My NCP has told people repeatedly that they will not share the results with anyone...so it's a no go for me.

MscaEnv

Post by MscaEnv » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Look here:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... upport/ncp

List of all people responsible for EU projects including NCPs. If your country doesn's give you ask for the nearest one.

pedritingo

Post by pedritingo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Yeah I also mentiooned the Turkish NCP because a lot of people in this forum commented that he was publishing the results, didn't say that cukovic was Turkish or that he has done anything wrong (which is another debate), but I guess that some of my old posts could be interepreted this way, and wanted to clarify that.
DrP wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 pm
ATBGF2017 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm
For the last time Jukovic is not Turkish!!! (I know this for a fact). Some idiots in this forum made that shit up. Other NCPs or host organizations also gave the results to individual applicants (i.e. Romania, Germany). It is not okay to put people on the spot based on false information.
Hi, Didn't say anything about Cukovic individually being Turkish and couldn't care less if people are getting their own results from NCPs but I was reading on Friday as all this was happening and I'm sure Cukovic said that the National Contact Point in Turkey gave a list of many project numbers and results, not just one person's. Which started a big kerfuffle then and also helped a lot of people get their results. I'm not commenting on that part, or Cukovic at all, just the NCP, which I think was in Turkey, is likely to be in trouble from the EC.

kassiek

Post by kassiek » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:23 pm

ATBGF2017 wrote:
For the last time Jukovic is not Turkish!!! (I know this for a fact). Some idiots in this forum made that shit up. Other NCPs or host organizations also gave the results to individual applicants (i.e. Romania, Germany). It is not okay to put people on the spot based on false information.
I was one of the people that thought the Turkish NCP gave it to him, as people said he had applied to Turkey. I already stated clearly that if this was wrong, I was sorry but whoever the NCP was that gave him the file would be in trouble. I do think it's terrible that you are calling other posters idiots and using harsh language like this. People are allowed to be frustrated that an NCP gave a user a file with multiple results. That is inappropriate and unprofessional. Individual results being given by NCPs isn't nice, but to me it is not that big of a deal. However, other applicants should never have to approach a different applicant for results. And this was what the problem was. Not the applicant that had the results, but the NCP that gave him the file.

spectral

Post by spectral » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:24 pm

I see it quite likely that there might have been other info, such as project IDs, in that table as well. In any case, I think this is somewhat serious especially from GDPR point of view as DrP said. And the blame is not on the person from this forum of course but on the NCP that leaked the info in the first place. :roll:

I don't mind other people asking and getting their own results before the official announcements even though I think the NCPs shouldn't give them without permission from EC. But no applicant should have access to everybody's results at any point.
pedritingo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:14 pm
First of all, I'm sorry that cukovic got into this big mess. He is not at fault here.

Second of all: this is false, cukovic was giving the results based on the project acronym, not the project ID.

He deleted all the post related to that (well done, I would have done the same), but all the replies to his message are stil there:
cukovic wrote: ↑Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Write me private message with project's acronym. I have full table from NCP.
MscaEnv wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 pm
DrP wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm
Hey everyone, been following and posting occasionally, shocked by the leaks last Friday and the Commission's selective statements that either are very vague or suggest the leaks didn't happen.

I've applied on the CAR panel for myself but work in a research office of a very successful UK institution supporting developing applications like the MSCA IF, etc, so know the process inside out - let's see if it works in my favour! I can definitely confirm we have no info on successful applications yet. I can say from a GDPR (general data protection regulation) perspective the Turkish NCP is likely to be in big trouble, as they shared people's personal data without their consent. It's possible they can argue it's anonymous as the identifier has not been included, but if acronyms were there other people's results could have been found. I'm sure they were trying to help and put people out of their misery, but the legislation doesn't allow for that, especially as personal data was being leaked potentially out of the EU, which also is an issue. That's just from my limited understanding of GDPR. Now I wish my NCP would get back to me with info! No info from Poland so far for me...

To ask again on the thresholds, what about CAR and CHEM, have those been declared yet? Good luck to all!

No this is no true. NCP has only your project ID, and score with result. They haven't names of applicants nor titles of projects. I asked them. So confidentiality is high.

MscaEnv

Post by MscaEnv » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 pm

:cry:
Attachments
2019-02-11 14_23_49-Oxford EU Gateway on Twitter_ _Be aware! We should expect the MSCA IF 2018 resul.png
2019-02-11 14_23_49-Oxford EU Gateway on Twitter_ _Be aware! We should expect the MSCA IF 2018 resul.png (31.85 KiB) Viewed 9774 times

expert_pastMC

Post by expert_pastMC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 pm

just my two cents.

the most sensible thing would be for all posters who have quoted cukovic in their posts, to delete these posts. this is not about incriminating anyone guys, this should not be made into a witch hunt. please, delete these posts. and also naming NCPs who provided results is also not nice, since the EU said that people could get their results from their NCPs (that was mentioned in page 200something?; I have lost count)

we are all waiting impatiently here, none of us is to blame.

pedritingo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm
Yeah I also mentiooned the Turkish NCP because a lot of people in this forum commented that he was publishing the results, didn't say that cukovic was Turkish or that he has done anything wrong (which is another debate), but I guess that some of my old posts could be interepreted this way, and wanted to clarify that.
DrP wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 pm
ATBGF2017 wrote:
Hi, Didn't say anything about Cukovic individually being Turkish and couldn't care less if people are getting their own results from NCPs but I was reading on Friday as all this was happening and I'm sure Cukovic said that the National Contact Point in Turkey gave a list of many project numbers and results, not just one person's. Which started a big kerfuffle then and also helped a lot of people get their results. I'm not commenting on that part, or Cukovic at all, just the NCP, which I think was in Turkey, is likely to be in trouble from the EC.

Dajm

Post by Dajm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Repeatedly? How many times have you asked? , :o
:lol:
kassiek wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm
MscaEnv wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm
Come on guys, it is all upon your ncps, host or home institution. They all have results already. It's monday, call them all and they will give you results. All they have them except candidates. I got mine directly from host, and my girlfriend from her host ncp. Good luck.
My NCP has told people repeatedly that they will not share the results with anyone...so it's a no go for me.

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It can be a post from last week or two weeks ago :D :D :D
MscaEnv wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 pm
:cry:
Last edited by danGFSOC on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.