MSCA early termination

pkMSCA

MSCA early termination

Post by pkMSCA » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 am

Hi all,
I have a question regarding an early termination of my MSCA-IF. I obtained another fellowship that is more attractive for me since it is 3 years duration. I was wondering if there is possibility to terminate my MSCA. Actually it started running this April. Does anyone has experience and information on this. Are there any consequences in case of early termination. Moreover, what happens to the 800euros budget that we receive every month for personal trainings, activities etc. Do I lose them or the money are being returned back or are being kept to the lab.
I would appreciate your input.
Cheers

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: MSCA early termination

Post by CountZ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 am

Have you already received a salary? There were posters stating (rumors) on the forum a few years ago that one of their friends was made to return all the money they gained on cancelling the fellowship. This sounds ridiculous and unfair to me, so might not be true. But please keep us posted.

pkMSCA

Post by pkMSCA » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 am

Hi,
I have started to receive salary since April. To be honest I doubt that they can request all the amount, this indeed sounds ridiculous. I think this only applies if you terminate the contract without any proper reasoning. Hope someone has experience here and give us more information.
Cheers

sound

Post by sound » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 pm

From what i have been told if the supervisor supports the termination and you have a valid reason to it is possible. It says in the guidelines it states the fellowship can be terminated for personal reasons.

pochoarus

Post by pochoarus » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I have a similar question regarding the early termination of a MSCA-GF. In this modality there is a mandatory 12-month return phase with the beneficiary. I got an offer from another institution and I might have to terminate the MSCA 4 months before than agreed. Do you guys know what consequences could this have?

In the article 43 of the Grant Agreement I can only read: "The amount of the reduction will be proportionate to the improper implementation of the action or to the seriousness of the breach”.

Not sure how serious is this breach. Anybody with a similar experience in this forum?

Sam1

Post by Sam1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:31 am

Hi all,
I got the MSCA fellow this year. I might get a tenure track position soon. What if I sign the agreement and then wants to cancel it (before the start date)?

Thanks