2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

MSCA_CHEM_2019

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by MSCA_CHEM_2019 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:36 pm

MSCA_CHEM_2019 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:36 pm
Dreamer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:18 pm
Hi guys how many application have for CHEMISTRY this year?
I have also applied for chemistry panel, but I don't know the number of applications for this panel.
Sorry!

Ann

Post by Ann » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi everyone, I decided to join this forum so I don't have suffer alone when waiting for the result :mrgreen:
By the way, someone mentioned the status of their application has remained "Final" from day one, there is an icon "Action" on the right of the submitted proposal, if you click on it and choose "follow" , you will be directed to another window when you could see the putative timeline and according to that the result should be out by Feb 11.
Nice to meet you all here!

Ann

Kitten

Post by Kitten » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Thank you SOC-2018!!! Yes of course it's self-torture but better to be on the forum than alone in one's misery!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello everyone and good luck with the results! This is my second attempt- different host, somewhat different proposal. My understanding is that nobody can really tell how this game is played and won... It is up to the evaluators' taste and sense of excellence! And this (fortunately? unfortunately?) changes each time one submits and re-submits.

I feel everybody's anxiety. This is an important fellowship; it can shape one's career and future, really. And it requires so much preparation, so, yes, that bold lettered REJECTION sucks big time... and at least 85% of us will receive this e-mail, despite the fact that we sacrificed our summer for this application. However it is not the end of the world.

In any case, as I "watched" the forum last year, I can tell that it's better to share our anxiety with each other and make some fun out of it instead of biting our nails alone!!! I mean why not. And that link blah blah blah, just part of the game. Just don't get too crazy over it.

Cheers and good luck everybody!!!! May the best of us get it!!! <3

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:34 pm

AnnaMC wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Hello everyone and good luck with the results! This is my second attempt- different host, somewhat different proposal. My understanding is that nobody can really tell how this game is played and won... It is up to the evaluators' taste and sense of excellence! And this (fortunately? unfortunately?) changes each time one submits and re-submits.

I feel everybody's anxiety. This is an important fellowship; it can shape one's career and future, really. And it requires so much preparation, so, yes, that bold lettered REJECTION sucks big time... and at least 85% of us will receive this e-mail, despite the fact that we sacrificed our summer for this application. However it is not the end of the world.

In any case, as I "watched" the forum last year, I can tell that it's better to share our anxiety with each other and make some fun out of it instead of biting our nails alone!!! I mean why not. And that link blah blah blah, just part of the game. Just don't get too crazy over it.

As a former applicant I can tell you, it is good to share the anxiety but based on previous experience be careful with the out of date link.

Some applicant told me that if you write down the boiling point of Argon instead of project number, this will open a multidimensional portal that will drag you to a parallel reality in which the results take 25 years to get out. Be careful.

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:36 pm

AnnaMC wrote:

Fully agree!!! :P
Luck and success back to you.

MSCA_CHEM_2019

Post by MSCA_CHEM_2019 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:54 am

Maybe, we will know something about the results this week.

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 am

megasphaera wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:34 pm
AnnaMC wrote:

As a former applicant I can tell you, it is good to share the anxiety but based on previous experience be careful with the out of date link.

Some applicant told me that if you write down the boiling point of Argon instead of project number, this will open a multidimensional portal that will drag you to a parallel reality in which the results take 25 years to get out. Be careful.
It was funny... the first time :P

Anyway, we are all grown-ups I guess, and each one of us responsible for our choices and actions, as well as to how we perceive and interpret an unreliable, outdated link that used to give away a lot in the past (because it did a few years back) but not anymore, thankfully. I just personally think that some people really enjoy the speculation thing as such.

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am

It is just good to talk to people who are on the same boat. That's all. The academic world is so tough. I am currently outside academia although about to start a post-doc. And I can tell you that, in my mind, academia still tops everything else in terms of toxicity. I still want to return, as I am originally interested in my research area. That's the only motive. But a very strong one, to be sure.

MSCAgetlucky

Post by MSCAgetlucky » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Hey! I am looking forward to the results announcement! Good luck to everyone!