2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Kitten

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Kitten » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm

yes status updates came well before final results but I am sure we were in evaluation by now :( :P :geek: :geek: :geek:

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Kitten wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm
yes status updates came well before final results but I am sure we were in evaluation by now :( :P :geek: :geek: :geek:
my bet is on tomorrow >90%

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:14 pm

Mics wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 am
Hi everyone!

My proposal from last year was put on the reserve list and I received an email today saying the proposal had been rejected. It took me a while to realize the email was referring to last year's application! Did this happen to anyone else?
This also happened to me. And both myself and my supervisor thought at first that it was a rejection for this year. He sent an email saying that he was shocked and copying in the department research manager asking if we could find new avenues to try and get my project funded. And then realizing that there was no evaluation in the portal and that the application for this year still said that it was pending, I figured it out. What a horrible 30 minutes of rejected feelings. My proposal was reviewed very well last year and we worked really hard to tighten it up this year, so it was a shocking feeling that it would do worse than before.

Kitten

Post by Kitten » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 pm

good luck PetetheCat - hope it is successful this year - quite horrible to see the REJECT in one's inbox :cry: :cry:

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:25 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:14 pm
Mics wrote:
Hi everyone!

My proposal from last year was put on the reserve list and I received an email today saying the proposal had been rejected. It took me a while to realize the email was referring to last year's application! Did this happen to anyone else?
This also happened to me. And both myself and my supervisor thought at first that it was a rejection for this year. He sent an email saying that he was shocked and copying in the department research manager asking if we could find new avenues to try and get my project funded. And then realizing that there was no evaluation in the portal and that the application for this year still said that it was pending, I figured it out. What a horrible 30 minutes of rejected feelings. My proposal was reviewed very well last year and we worked really hard to tighten it up this year, so it was a shocking feeling that it would do worse than before.
Hopefully you will get it and I wish you good luck. However, just to let you know, there are plenty of people that submitted a better version and answered reviewers comment and got a much lower score.

Unfortunately, they look at reviewers report from the year before after they decided the score. So basically they could come up with something totally different from last year.

Simbi

Post by Simbi » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Unfortunately true, it happened to me. Applied twice, first time got 91, fixed the proposal following the comments and i got a 76 :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I am curious this year!

megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:25 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Mics wrote:
Hi everyone!

Hopefully you will get it and I wish you good luck. However, just to let you know, there are plenty of people that submitted a better version and answered reviewers comment and got a much lower score.

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Kitten wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 pm
good luck PetetheCat - hope it is successful this year - quite horrible to see the REJECT in one's inbox :cry: :cry:
In my case I saw the report first with a wonderful score of 76.4
I don't know what is worst :lol:

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Simbi wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:28 pm
Unfortunately true, it happened to me. Applied twice, first time got 91, fixed the proposal following the comments and i got a 76 :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I am curious this year!

megasphaera wrote:
PetetheCat wrote:

That's crazy man. And then when I say that some reviewers are stupid, people get pissed off!!!
I cannot understand how a proposal which scored so high on the next year get such a low score. This confirms that this is just a fucking lottery

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:49 pm

megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Simbi wrote:

megasphaera wrote:

That's crazy man. And then when I say that some reviewers are stupid, people get pissed off!!!
I cannot understand how a proposal which scored so high on the next year get such a low score. This confirms that this is just a fucking lottery
i am too bored to quote you. but noone got pissed off. you said: reviewers are stupid for not looking in to the guidelines and judging the number of publications. we proofed you were wrong because it is in the guidelines and then you said you would have never said such things. so please dont talk nonsense here and blame other people for your missinformation spreading,, thanks

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:49 pm
megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Simbi wrote:

i am too bored to quote you. but noone got pissed off. you said: reviewers are stupid for not looking in to the guidelines and judging the number of publications. we proofed you were wrong because it is in the guidelines and then you said you would have never said such things. so please dont talk nonsense here and blame other people for your missinformation spreading,, thanks
I was only joking....
I said many times I was wrong about the fact that they can penalise if they think publication record is not enough.

See how you need to relax a bit? And maybe read a bit better.

Maybe you are one of the reviewer!!!

Joking again, dont take too seriously.