2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Kenniz

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Kenniz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:53 pm

xavimarcas wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:50 pm
GF_msca2019 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:40 pm
Kenniz wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:23 pm

if you can't handle this, you should consider quitting science, as it is always like this.
and your comments about get a life sounds like a salty kid that is stuck in evaluation and mad at others for telling him he might be out. grow up
and this is the IF forum, so everybody is talking about IF, nothing else.
better read correctly before posting
S/h has a valid point though. Almost 80% of the applicants of Individual Fellowship are in standard panel (EF) while the rest are in CAR, GF, RI, SE panels. So it is possible that they handle the results for these panels separately.
I’m in CAR and still in EVALUATION. I eas hopping CAR was handled differently. A search allowed me to detect some more people that are on CAR panel. All of the obes I identify were in RANKING. I know that this is simply a game (the link stuff), but it sucks to see yourself still in EVALUATION. It migth mean nothing, but it might mean rejection.

Only final results will tell. But my situation is not confortable rigth now.
exactly, its just a funny game with the link to hype everybody up during worktime. i get that we are all hyped for results, but you are still able to reflect that your panel might be different etc. i wish you good luck. the originally quoted person suggesting we should get a life on the other hand is probably just a salty troll :D

nexus

Post by nexus » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 pm

xavimarcas wrote:
GF_msca2019 wrote:
Kenniz wrote:

if you can't handle this, you should consider quitting science, as it is always like this.
and your comments about get a life sounds like a salty kid that is stuck in evaluation and mad at others for telling him he might be out. grow up
S/h has a valid point though. Almost 80% of the applicants of Individual Fellowship are in standard panel (EF) while the rest are in CAR, GF, RI, SE panels. So it is possible that they handle the results for these panels separately.
I’m in CAR and still in EVALUATION. I eas hopping CAR was handled differently. A search allowed me to detect some more people that are on CAR panel. All of the obes I identify were in RANKING. I know that this is simply a game (the link stuff), but it sucks to see yourself still in EVALUATION. It migth mean nothing, but it might mean rejection.

I am in RI and I qualify for Widening grants too.
I am also in Evaluation and these guessmasters put a serious dent in my confidence if Evaluation will really mean under 70 %.

I had a IIF in 2011 now I am trying for a second MC grant.

Anyway, it's my fault to try to get any piece of info before 2/11

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 pm

xavimarcas wrote:
GF_msca2019 wrote:
Kenniz wrote:

I am in CAR and my status changed to RANKING. But I think there are many different variables - the link is fun, but you shouldn't read too much into it. Until the results are actually out you have no idea what it means. This is a tough competition - last year I made the reserve list and my evaluation was good, they just found minor (and totally fair) things to pick on. I think that this is what they have to do as clearly most of us wrote excellent proposals that would be good research, so they will have to find ways to reject many of these.

Ann

Post by Ann » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Most of the members of this forum are probably male scientists, so you are not very much familiar with the female -two-week-wait. I experienced that wait once and read too much in every single symptom to the point that one day I got a mild food poison and I talked to myself "that's this, I am pregnant" even the test was negative :lol:
I think we should use this forum to share useful experiences or cheer each others up when waiting for the result instead of arguing over some speculative information.
Best of luck to all of us!

galachou

Post by galachou » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm

To alleviate some of the confusion about the phase EVALUATION vs RANKING on the outofdateproposal link:

I went from SUBMISSION to EVALUATION to RANKING in the span of 30 min yesterday. Proposal number: 890XXX, RI panel. First time applying.

xavimarcas

Post by xavimarcas » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm

nexus wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 pm
xavimarcas wrote:
GF_msca2019 wrote:

I am also in Evaluation and these guessmasters put a serious dent in my confidence if Evaluation will really mean under 70 %.

It would be as well my second MC. I had IF IN 2008. Could this be what it keeps us in sill in EVALUATION. Or is this only something I’m hopping while I can’t assimilate being below 70%?

MSCA_CHEM_2019

Post by MSCA_CHEM_2019 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:29 pm

xavimarcas wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm
nexus wrote:
xavimarcas wrote:

It would be as well my second MC. I had IF IN 2008. Could this be what it keeps us in sill in EVALUATION. Or is this only something I’m hopping while I can’t assimilate being below 70%?
This aspect is interesting !! Do you think this is a limiting factor? From my humble point of view, this would demonstrate your ability to raise funds and evaluators could evaluate positively.

nexus

Post by nexus » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:34 pm

xavimarcas wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm
nexus wrote:
xavimarcas wrote:

Thank you for the glimmer of hope. We will find out soon. I can stomach rejection but below 70 % is hard to swallow

Shapovalov

Post by Shapovalov » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Any thing other than official information is horseshit.
Nonsensical speculation.
I still haven't checked that link or disabled styles or chanted my proposal number 7 times or anything else, and will never do so.

It is quite possible to share anxiety/stress about the fellowships results without having to jump through speculative loops.

Ann wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm
Most of the members of this forum are probably male scientists, so you are not very much familiar with the female -two-week-wait. I experienced that wait once and read too much in every single symptom to the point that one day I got a mild food poison and I talked to myself "that's this, I am pregnant" even the test was negative :lol:
I think we should use this forum to share useful experiences or cheer each others up when waiting for the result instead of arguing over some speculative information.
Best of luck to all of us!
I am one of those male scientists that you speak of, but have experienced that wait more than once. Most stressful periods of my life!

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:47 pm
GF_msca2019 wrote:
Kenniz wrote:

is that a valid point though?
i think the 0-2 persons in this forum in a special panel should be able to guess, that their panel MIGHT work differently (which it probably does not). i mean this is not a kidsclub but grown up scientists, yet some people cry like they were on their first date as a teenager.
Could you please enlighten us with your "scientific evidences" about what the outdate link might tell us about the results of the evaluation?
Surely the comment is out of order, as we are speculating on some stuff and we are not terrorizers. Yet you are spreading info about others applications without a valid piece of evidence. You might be right, don't get me wrong, but I think we don't know the full story to tell exactly other people "oh no sorry you are below 70% as you are still in evaluation".
In my case, I am more inclined to think I am below 70%, but because I know my proposal and the kind of comments I got last year (even though is a new submission).