2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

MIA_ENV

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by MIA_ENV » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm

But I also guess, this is because in this forum only new applicants or re submissions share their opinions and experience.. there are so many re submissions who got funding and not share their experience here.. So we don't hear success stories :D

Kenniz wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:58 pm
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:41 pm
LIF wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:27 pm

A while ago, I found some MSCA IF statistics (official document) and there they stated that resubmissions have a higher success rate on average than first submissions.
I have found this. Resubmissions MSCA IF 2018 success rate was 22.74%
https://www.ikerbasque.net/sites/defaul ... 202019.pdf
yeah this proves my point, because you have way less resubmissions than new submissions, due to several factors. obviously, resubmissions are most likely always an improvement to the previous submission (as objectively as you can judge this). additionally, resubmissions are most likely of projects that previously scored high and the host etc see potential for improvement etc. this resulting in only 22% success rate of resubmissions is pretty low if you compare this to 12-13% success rate for overall proposals whith potentially several really bad ones.....

and lets be honest. most people reporting about resubmission, say they get lower scores with improved proposals.... sadly

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm

MIA_ENV wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm
But I also guess, this is because in this forum only new applicants or re submissions share their opinions and experience.. there are so many re submissions who got funding and not share their experience here.. So we don't hear success stories :D

Kenniz wrote:
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:41 pm

I have found this. Resubmissions MSCA IF 2018 success rate was 22.74%
https://www.ikerbasque.net/sites/defaul ... 202019.pdf
yeah this proves my point, because you have way less resubmissions than new submissions, due to several factors. obviously, resubmissions are most likely always an improvement to the previous submission (as objectively as you can judge this). additionally, resubmissions are most likely of projects that previously scored high and the host etc see potential for improvement etc. this resulting in only 22% success rate of resubmissions is pretty low if you compare this to 12-13% success rate for overall proposals whith potentially several really bad ones.....

and lets be honest. most people reporting about resubmission, say they get lower scores with improved proposals.... sadly
yea you are probably right. these forums tend to attract the bad ones like me ;)

SimpaLif

Post by SimpaLif » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:11 pm

nexus wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:56 pm
Getting evaluated for this grant is like writing poetry. Some critics will say that you are a genius some will call it the worst piece of crap ever written on the face of the Earth. Of course with very loud and clear arguments.
So, I am looking at this grant asa lottery ticket.

I got it once, 9 years ago, is worth another shot.

If I wont's succeed I will resubmit once and ..bugger off !

Take it easy !
You want another? After 9 years you still do not have stable position?

MIA_ENV

Post by MIA_ENV » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Maybe, in coming years whoever succeeds to get grants also should come here and discuss their experience.. which will help to reduce applicants' anxiety, to spread hope and improve self confidence..
Kenniz wrote:
MIA_ENV wrote:

Kenniz wrote:

yea you are probably right. these forums tend to attract the bad ones like me ;)

DonDon

Post by DonDon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 pm

I heard that people previously used to receive MSCA results notifications in late-January but perhaps this changed in recent years? I am just wondering if we should expect news before February or if recent years' results were not sent out until the official deadline in mid-February. Thanks!

waqar.ameer

Post by waqar.ameer » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm

IF ST LIF wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:59 pm
waqar.ameer wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:43 pm
IF ST LIF wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:55 am

It was crazy. Basically, Strong points from one year were weaknesses the next year (you can look for my posts last year, you have specific comments there). Such level of contradiction was shocking. So this year the host decided to hire this company that reviewed the two rejected applications, made recommendations and reviewed the 2019 application that should be clear and have all comments addressed. But who knows...
You are also in Evaluation.I believe your comments and confidence level.By your profile and confidence, i believe that you deserve MSCA and hope that you will get it.We should wait patiently.Hope for the best
Thanks, but I remain very skeptical, success rate is very low.
I am also in Evaluation.I have also put all my efforts to prepare MSCA-IF project.Hope for the best and wait patiently for results

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm

DonDon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 pm
I heard that people previously used to receive MSCA results notifications in late-January but perhaps this changed in recent years? I am just wondering if we should expect news before February or if recent years' results were not sent out until the official deadline in mid-February. Thanks!
Yes, two years ago the results came out on Jan 29 if I remember correctly. Last year the results came out unexpectedly late (midnight on Feb 11, basically as late as they could leave it).

DonDon

Post by DonDon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:36 pm

CountZ wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm
DonDon wrote:
Yes, two years ago the results came out on Jan 29 if I remember correctly. Last year the results came out unexpectedly late (midnight on Feb 11, basically as late as they could leave it).
Cheers!

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:09 pm

CountZ wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm
DonDon wrote:
I think that from the data available to us we can hypothesize that they send out the results as soon as they have wrapped up all the processes they have to get through. But last year something clearly went wrong as there were messages out that they were going to send out the results a week ahead of when they actually did, so then everyone was truly going crazy and the results only came out at the very last moment they were allowed.

I am sure that one of the things they will have done from last year is tighten up communications so that there are not random NCPs giving results while others are still waiting. And we are not going to hear a hint about results until they are actually coming out. So I think we are on for Feb 11 and then they will create less craziness for the 9,000+ applicants going forward. People were tweeting about it and stuff, so they must have been aware that there was a lot of speculation about results.

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:18 pm

So you’re saying that they’ll release it as soon as they have finished, or are you saying they’ll release them on feb 11?