2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Kenniz

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Kenniz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 am

if nothing happens today, this would really surprise me.....

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 am
if nothing happens today, this would really surprise me.....
At the end results has to come out on the 11th, unless they fucked it up big time.
As someone said earlier, link might be frozen and not working

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:07 pm

So...18 days to go woohoo :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIF

Post by LIF » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:25 pm

AnnaMC wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:07 pm
And I'm already getting antsy :lol: That's going to be a fun 18 days.

So, did any of you have another look at your proposals after some time and found things that you think might break your neck?

I'll start. I'm most worried about the knowledge transfer part, because I am already working at my host and have actually worked with my PI even before that. I have good scientific reasons to do my project with them and explained those in the proposal, but I'm not sure if it will be convincing enough.

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:32 pm

i am pretty surprised that they still have the "warning" message from yesterday online and we have gotten no status update. :ugeek:

SimpaLif

Post by SimpaLif » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:33 pm

LIF wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:25 pm
AnnaMC wrote:

So, did any of you have another look at your proposals after some time and found things that you think might break your neck?

I'll start. I'm most worried about the knowledge transfer part, because I am already working at my host and have actually worked with my PI even before that. I have good scientific reasons to do my project with them and explained those in the proposal, but I'm not sure if it will be convincing enough.
Same here. I did it yesterday.
Proposal looks good, and I think i improved excellence part a lot. I also intend to go back to my previous host and evaluators did not have any complaints about. They actually asked me to describe a bit more method which i previously developed with host prof.

hopefulacademic

Post by hopefulacademic » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Well actually, I lokked at my proposal the day of the deadline. I submitted the day before in the evening with everything looking pretty good I though. At 3pm (UK time) on Wednesday, I decided to treat myself to a Tim Hortons so I headed over there. I took my computer to look over some documents and I opened my submission. I saw that I had submitted a version with comments, underlines, and strikethroughs. I started getting very nervous and wanted to upload the right version. The net was slow so no dice. I guzzled my fancy chocolate vanilla drink in one go and ran home. Generated a new pdf without markings et cetera, uploaded it. Submission was 4 minutes before the deadline. I would have been devastated had I not detected that error. Now anxiously waiting for the results. This is my second time and my proposal is definitely much more polished than last year. Hoping to get it. I really would like a longerterm contract even if it is only 2 years.

LIF

Post by LIF » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:49 pm

SimpaLif wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:33 pm
LIF wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:25 pm
AnnaMC wrote:

Same here. I did it yesterday.
Proposal looks good, and I think i improved excellence part a lot. I also intend to go back to my previous host and evaluators did not have any complaints about. They actually asked me to describe a bit more method which i previously developed with host prof.
I think it's a really good sign that you still like your proposal! Hopefully the reviewers will agree this year :)
It's nice to hear that previous collaborations with the host PI are not a problem. The funding advisor from my host institution also knew of several applicants who had worked in the host group before and won the fellowship anyway.

You also applied to LIF? I'm really scared by the high cut-off score from last year, I think it was the highest overall.

LIF

Post by LIF » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:51 pm

hopefulacademic wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Well actually, I lokked at my proposal the day of the deadline. I submitted the day before in the evening with everything looking pretty good I though. At 3pm (UK time) on Wednesday, I decided to treat myself to a Tim Hortons so I headed over there. I took my computer to look over some documents and I opened my submission. I saw that I had submitted a version with comments, underlines, and strikethroughs. I started getting very nervous and wanted to upload the right version. The net was slow so no dice. I guzzled my fancy chocolate vanilla drink in one go and ran home. Generated a new pdf without markings et cetera, uploaded it. Submission was 4 minutes before the deadline. I would have been devastated had I not detected that error. Now anxiously waiting for the results. This is my second time and my proposal is definitely much more polished than last year. Hoping to get it. I really would like a longerterm contract even if it is only 2 years.
Oh god, my hands started sweating just reading this :shock: Phew!

And I feel you on the longer contract. In 2019, I had 4 contracts :roll:

SimpaLif

Post by SimpaLif » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:55 pm

hopefulacademic wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm
As I was not selected for assistant professor two times even i was better than selected applicants, due to nepotism and negative selection, this fellowship would kick some idiots well. So this is perfect timing for me to get it. :(