2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Kitten

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Kitten » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 pm

haha, I see we have sped through about 8 pages since yesterday....the tension is rising... still in submission...don't know why I am checking as certain I will not get it...but then..there is the merest, flimsiest, tiniest possibility that I may :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Focus Kitten! We’re not talking about the link anymore! What are you wanting to work on and where do you want to go? And where are you coming from?
Kitten wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 pm
haha, I see we have sped through about 8 pages since yesterday....the tension is rising... still in submission...don't know why I am checking as certain I will not get it...but then..there is the merest, flimsiest, tiniest possibility that I may :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 pm

Robrad30 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 pm
Yeah, I think I might have made a mess of things really! Again, apologies! Cool project. Whereabouts in Spain are you going? I’m applying for an SE fellowship to work in a biotech startup in Dublin using AI to find peptides to slow down muscle loss in aging. I’ve been a postdoc in San Diego for 7 years and I’m really hoping to get out of academia and also back home to Ireland so this fellowship would be ideal!
megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:04 pm
Robrad30 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm
I’m really sorry I brought up the status issue a few pages back. My bad. I didn’t want to restart the drama of last year at all. Let’s change the subject. What are people’s projects going to be looking at and where do you want to carry out your research?
LOL is too late now. We can change the subject however in a couple of post the damn link will be back.

Anyway, I will look at endocrine disruptors and infertility. My host is in Spain.
Cool! I am moving from Dublin! Host is in valencia.
Nice choice! Even though the city is starting to be super expensive rent-wise, is an amazing city where to live. Anyway with the msca money you will be fine. When you will move take lots of time in advance to look for a place where to live. In Dublin there is a massive house crisis and it takes time to find a house.

I realised after I posted this that you wrote you are from Ireland so nothing new for you ahahha sorry!!!

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Unfortunately I’m all too aware megasphera. I’m from Dublin and have been keeping an on the housing crisis for a while. It’s now or never though, we have a 10 month old baby and my wife just got a PI position in UCD. Nice! I love Valencia. Such a beautiful city.
megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 pm
Robrad30 wrote:
Yeah, I think I might have made a mess of things really! Again, apologies! Cool project. Whereabouts in Spain are you going? I’m applying for an SE fellowship to work in a biotech startup in Dublin using AI to find peptides to slow down muscle loss in aging. I’ve been a postdoc in San Diego for 7 years and I’m really hoping to get out of academia and also back home to Ireland so this fellowship would be ideal!
megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:04 pm

LOL is too late now. We can change the subject however in a couple of post the damn link will be back.

Anyway, I will look at endocrine disruptors and infertility. My host is in Spain.
Nice choice! Even though the city is starting to be super expensive rent-wise, is an amazing city where to live. Anyway with the msca money you will be fine. When you will move take lots of time in advance to look for a place where to live. In Dublin there is a massive house crisis and it takes time to find a house.

I realised after I post this that you wrote you are from Ireland so nothing new for yoy ahahha sorry!!!

Kitten

Post by Kitten » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:18 pm

oh sorry I have missed a few pages I think :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: - I am in UK and hoping to work with a researcher from Australia on radicalisation and cinema - so you see, I am doomed already with Brexit. If we get the bid, it would help me get a professorship so it has more implications than simply being able to do the research. :cry: :cry: :cry:

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Robrad30 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm
Unfortunately I’m all too aware megasphera. I’m from Dublin and have been keeping an on the housing crisis for a while. It’s now or never though, we have a 10 month old baby and my wife just got a PI position in UCD. Nice! I love Valencia. Such a beautiful city.
megasphaera wrote:
Robrad30 wrote:

I realised after I post this that you wrote you are from Ireland so nothing new for yoy ahahha sorry!!!
It's a shame what the Irish gov is doing. Ireland and Dublin have such an amazing potential as country and city. I have been in Dublin for 5 years and it was the best time I had in ages!!!
Actually one of my secondment is in Dublin with my previous pi, so if we got it we can arrange a pint or two!

SimpaLif

Post by SimpaLif » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 pm

SOC-2018 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:20 pm
These will keep you busy for a while! :twisted: :lol:
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... processes/******
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ms/i18n.js
What is for second link?

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:01 am

Sounds like a plan!
megasphaera wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 pm
Robrad30 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm
megasphaera wrote:

It's a shame what the Irish gov is doing. Ireland and Dublin have such an amazing potential as country and city. I have been in Dublin for 5 years and it was the best time I had in ages!!!
Actually one of my secondment is in Dublin with my previous pi, so if we got it we can arrange a pint or two!

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:06 am

I’m only joking, I doubt we’ll be able to keep this forum free from the tyranny of the link anyway. That’s a pretty interesting topic. I really don’t think there will be a hard Brexit Even this Johnson said it could still happen so I don’t think you need to worry about the funding situation at least. Living in the UK afterwards, that’s a different story though.
Kitten wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:18 pm
oh sorry I have missed a few pages I think :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: - I am in UK and hoping to work with a researcher from Australia on radicalisation and cinema - so you see, I am doomed already with Brexit. If we get the bid, it would help me get a professorship so it has more implications than simply being able to do the research. :cry: :cry: :cry: