2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

graebenitz

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by graebenitz » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Any updates on 2019 results? It should come soon right?

IreneGF

Post by IreneGF » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:13 pm
SimpaLif wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:11 pm
Kenniz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:58 pm

Despite what a few people think, if it does not change to ranked on monday or tuesday, this probably means rejection due to being below 70% score. just expect nothing and maybe we are wrong and you get it.
Results will probably come to NCPs next week. But are you all sure that Brexit will not affect them?
what do you mean with affecting them? delay for a few days?
There won’t be any delay. The only question is whether they will be released sooner, i.e. by the end of this week.

horizon

Post by horizon » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:25 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:01 pm
Message on the participant portal at the moment: "The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed."

My heart s breaking
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 831611.cms
I just found this article. It says that UK will continue to contribute to EU budget during the transition period. So, hopefully, people applying to UK in the current call might not be affected by Brexit. Lets hope for the best

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:28 pm

horizon wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:25 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Message on the participant portal at the moment: "The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed."

My heart s breaking
I just found this article. It says that UK will continue to contribute to EU budget during the transition period. So, hopefully, people applying to UK in the current call might not be affected by Brexit. Lets hope for the best
they wont be affected at all during the current call. simple as that. officially explained etc...

IreneGF

Post by IreneGF » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:45 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:28 pm
horizon wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:25 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Message on the participant portal at the moment: "The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional ani :ugeek: d will be addressed."

My heart s breaking
they wont be affected at all during the current call. simple as that. officially explained etc...
They won’t be affected, but I am not sure that there won’t be any bias from the evaluators’ side... I also think that the UK applications might have dropped. It is only natural that people would feel insecure to apply with a UK host. For instance I approached a top UK uni a year back, and they told me that they wouldn’t support any global fellowships. Only the standard ones. This was obviously due to brexit implications. This says a lot imo

hopefulacademic

Post by hopefulacademic » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 pm

IreneGF wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:45 pm
They won’t be affected, but I am not sure that there won’t be any bias from the evaluators’ side... I also think that the UK applications might have dropped. It is only natural that people would feel insecure to apply with a UK host. For instance I approached a top UK uni a year back, and they told me that they wouldn’t support any global fellowships. Only the standard ones. This was obviously due to brexit implications. This says a lot imo
Not supporting Global fellowships seems more not having to deal with visa matters in the UK. non-EU people have to pass lots of checks and Universities just don't want to spend money on those things. In that perspective: if I were a nonEU citizen applying to a UK host for a Global Fellowship, only when I win it to know that I have to pay hefty visa fees myself, I would be pissed off.

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:39 pm

hopefulacademic wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 pm
IreneGF wrote:
Not supporting Global fellowships seems more not having to deal with visa matters in the UK. non-EU people have to pass lots of checks and Universities just don't want to spend money on those things. In that perspective: if I were a nonEU citizen applying to a UK host for a Global Fellowship, only when I win it to know that I have to pay hefty visa fees myself, I would be pissed off.
Not supporting GF is certainly related to the incertitude concerning the relation between UK and EU after the transition period. They had no idea of the situation for the next 2/3 years. In the event of a no-deal brexit (which was probable till the end of 2019), UK did not want to pay GF fellows to spend 2 years in another country, they will prefer to spend money for someone in the country.
This is not related to visa issue as for GF the fellow needs to be in Europe already (even if he/she is not a EU citizen, but most of them are European)... An IF fellow can be from any nationality.

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:12 pm

This is the month guys! We will know very soon. Posting a cute cat for good luck :lol:
Attachments
7q3q31djaf921.jpg
7q3q31djaf921.jpg (52.07 KiB) Viewed 8349 times

IreneGF

Post by IreneGF » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:21 pm

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:39 pm
hopefulacademic wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 pm
IreneGF wrote:
Not supporting GF is certainly related to the incertitude concerning the relation between UK and EU after the transition period. They had no idea of the situation for the next 2/3 years. In the event of a no-deal brexit (which was probable till the end of 2019), UK did not want to pay GF fellows to spend 2 years in another country, they will prefer to spend money for someone in the country.
This is not related to visa issue as for GF the fellow needs to be in Europe already (even if he/she is not a EU citizen, but most of them are European)... An IF fellow can be from any nationality.
I agree. My feeling was exactly the same, and although they asked me to consider the standard fellowship at that time (apart from the fact that the project had a global component...) I was “scared off” to stick with a UK host.

LAVIN1234@1

Post by LAVIN1234@1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi, I don't know about my status of my project (evaluation or ranking), just was written: informed in 11 Feb, please guide :D
Last edited by LAVIN1234@1 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.