2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

happyOne
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Next steps after acceptance

Post by happyOne » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 pm

AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
Congratulations! I have been informed that the host institution takes care of everything and they will contact you if they need anything from your end. There is another thread on MSCA awardees, maybe we should discuss these issues there.
pimas wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:21 am
Hi all, my proposal was successful but it is not clear to me what are the next steps to be taken. There is a grant agreement to sign, but it should be done by the host institution or by myself? Do I need to get in contact with someone, and if yes, how can I find her/his contact? Thanks for the help!
Hello, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a happyOne! I'm new here and I'm also interested in knowing about my next steps. . Could not find this MSCA awardees - the only one I found is from MSCA awardess 2019 and it seems very "empty".

Robrad30
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Robrad30 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:29 pm

You’d have to be based at the company from what I understand, but if you have an ongoing collaboration with them, or have already proposed one, they’d most likely be happy to have effectively a “free” researcher working for them. You could still maintain your collaborative links with your university for the project. Definitely something you should think about. There is much less competition in SE. something like 27% of eligible proposals were funded this year.
Trufflethor wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:59 am
Thanks for the Tip, could've strategized better ;). Is it obligatory to spend most of the time on the company premises though?

Cheers
Robrad30 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:05 pm
If you are thinking of reapplying next year, maybe consider applying to the SE panel and do your placement at the company? You absolutely would get it with a score of 88 in SE. sorry to hear you didn’t get it this time round though.
Trufflethor wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:28 am
Hey guys,

just got my rejection (MSCA-IF-EF-ST - score - 88). I gotta say, most comments are quite general, of the sorts I have read before here, conerning targeted publication number too high or dissemination not properly defined, which is fine.

What I am sure though cost me the grant was the excellenece (4.20), since I purposefully stayed vague since we work together with a company that do not want to reveal exactly the idea, and some parts not being exactly identified was picked up. Kinda set us up for failure there ;).

Anyway, cheers and I guess thanks for the conjunct suffering.

Cheers!

AdinaBabesh
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Re: Next steps after acceptance

Post by AdinaBabesh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Well, we've just been awarded the Msca so is kind of normal to be empty, didn't have time to grow ...
happyOne wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 pm
AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
Congratulations! I have been informed that the host institution takes care of everything and they will contact you if they need anything from your end. There is another thread on MSCA awardees, maybe we should discuss these issues there.
pimas wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:21 am
Hi all, my proposal was successful but it is not clear to me what are the next steps to be taken. There is a grant agreement to sign, but it should be done by the host institution or by myself? Do I need to get in contact with someone, and if yes, how can I find her/his contact? Thanks for the help!
Hello, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a happyOne! I'm new here and I'm also interested in knowing about my next steps. . Could not find this MSCA awardees - the only one I found is from MSCA awardess 2019 and it seems very "empty".

happyOne
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Next steps after acceptance

Post by happyOne » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:18 pm

AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:41 pm
Well, we've just been awarded the Msca so is kind of normal to be empty, didn't have time to grow ...
happyOne wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 pm
AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
Congratulations! I have been informed that the host institution takes care of everything and they will contact you if they need anything from your end. There is another thread on MSCA awardees, maybe we should discuss these issues there.

Hello, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a happyOne! I'm new here and I'm also interested in knowing about my next steps. . Could not find this MSCA awardees - the only one I found is from MSCA awardess 2019 and it seems very "empty".
All right! ;)

BeaSaletti
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by BeaSaletti » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Anais wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Hi,

You can't get the list, it's confidential information. But you can contact your host country's NCP for your place on the reserve list. I am also SOC with a score of 92 and I am 42nd on the reserve list. You and I won't be funded this year, unfortunately.
BeaSaletti wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm
Please anybody can explain me how to find the list of the funded project and reserve list?? I got a SOC 91,4 score, I am desperate....
Dear Anais, this is terrible. I am almost 50, with two PhDs, 4 monographs, gave speech at more than 30 international conferences, 6 years of university teaching... but I have no chance to get a job. It was something like my last chance.

Anais
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 pm

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Anais » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. But you absolutely can not count on this fellowship. It's extremely competitive and the evaluation process has a huge element of randomness to it. You can only hope, but not plan. I hope you get lucky next time around!

BeaSaletti wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:35 pm
Anais wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Hi,

You can't get the list, it's confidential information. But you can contact your host country's NCP for your place on the reserve list. I am also SOC with a score of 92 and I am 42nd on the reserve list. You and I won't be funded this year, unfortunately.
BeaSaletti wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm
Please anybody can explain me how to find the list of the funded project and reserve list?? I got a SOC 91,4 score, I am desperate....
Dear Anais, this is terrible. I am almost 50, with two PhDs, 4 monographs, gave speech at more than 30 international conferences, 6 years of university teaching... but I have no chance to get a job. It was something like my last chance.

LAVIN1234@1
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by LAVIN1234@1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:25 am

Hi guys, I am very sad, with score 57 in Environmental and Geosciences (ENV) panel :oops: :oops:

qoeletcantici
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by qoeletcantici » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 am

Hey guys!
I am looking for some statistics concerning proposal switched from reserve list to main list in the last years, for the panel GF-SOC. Can anyone help me, please?

nikolaidis.fotis
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:00 am

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by nikolaidis.fotis » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:15 am

hopefulacademic wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:18 pm
Shapovalov wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:58 pm
FestivusShadow wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:33 pm
The potential of the researcher to reach professional independence during the fellowship is not fully evident taking into account the moderate track record and personal achievements.


5 yr PhD and 2 yr post doc experience, 4 patents, 8 first author papers (2 JACS) and a total of 17 papers with a global average impact of 8. If this this qualified as moderate track record then were they planning to award the fellowship to Nobel laureates or what.


Pissed!!!!
Pretty insane.

I do have a follow up question. Did you highlight your publication record in Part B1? Iirc, reviewers are not obliged to see Part B2(where the CV is) while evaluating Part B1.
That is a bit ridiculous. Why would we do part B2 then of the reviewers are not going to read it? If I have to put CV information in B1 than 10 pages does not cut it. I think there are reviewers that simply do not care. Maybe the best is to have a fixed team of reviewers and have monthly deadlines where only a limited nº of people can apply. For example: 1000 applicants per month and every month, 1/12 of the budget is released. The timeline can become shorter than as well. That way you don't have disinterested reviewers working against tight deadlines.
Perhaps your case can be explained by the phrase "MSCA is not a research grant, but a grant for training in research".
In other words, MSCA takes for granted (pun intended) that you have not yet reached professional maturity and independence (whatever it means).

That said, you proved your potentials and your credibility (enriched CV), but have you (convincingly) stated the actions you will take to get better?

Anais
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 pm

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Anais » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:00 am

By that logic, wouldn't 'moderate track record' be an ideal situation for the fellowship? ;-)
nikolaidis.fotis wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:15 am
hopefulacademic wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:18 pm
Shapovalov wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:58 pm


Pretty insane.

I do have a follow up question. Did you highlight your publication record in Part B1? Iirc, reviewers are not obliged to see Part B2(where the CV is) while evaluating Part B1.
That is a bit ridiculous. Why would we do part B2 then of the reviewers are not going to read it? If I have to put CV information in B1 than 10 pages does not cut it. I think there are reviewers that simply do not care. Maybe the best is to have a fixed team of reviewers and have monthly deadlines where only a limited nº of people can apply. For example: 1000 applicants per month and every month, 1/12 of the budget is released. The timeline can become shorter than as well. That way you don't have disinterested reviewers working against tight deadlines.
Perhaps your case can be explained by the phrase "MSCA is not a research grant, but a grant for training in research".
In other words, MSCA takes for granted (pun intended) that you have not yet reached professional maturity and independence (whatever it means).

That said, you proved your potentials and your credibility (enriched CV), but have you (convincingly) stated the actions you will take to get better?
Last edited by Anais on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply