2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

LAVIN1234@1

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by LAVIN1234@1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:21 pm
RobertoIT wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 pm
Hi folks, how are you? This is my second application and I can feel my anxiety level is creeping up on me every day more :shock:
Well, you know… just casually checking this forum dozens of times a day for any signs/hints/premonitions or "feelings" people might have indicating that this ordeal will be over soon. Otherwise, no anxiety here, thank you very much! :geek:
Guys, even though I am writing a chapter, I am constantly checking on the group to reduce my anxiety :lol: ;)

LAVIN1234@1

Post by LAVIN1234@1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:06 pm

LAVIN1234@1 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 pm
trina_80 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:21 pm
RobertoIT wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 pm
Hi folks, how are you? This is my second application and I can feel my anxiety level is creeping up on me every day more :shock:
Well, you know… just casually checking this forum dozens of times a day for any signs/hints/premonitions or "feelings" people might have indicating that this ordeal will be over soon. Otherwise, no anxiety here, thank you very much! :geek:
Guys, even though I am writing a chapter, I am constantly checking on the group to reduce my anxiety :lol: ;)
This forum is great :P :P :P

tahir

Post by tahir » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi everyone. This is my second my second application. Last year got 86.6%. I am Assistant professor, maybe get tenured in 6 months time. I don't know whether this will be a good idea to avail this opportunity or not.is there anybody else who is doing a stable job and applying for MSCA. I just want to switch a little the direction of my research field.

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 pm

Hey guys!

You are right, a lot of people are reading this forum even that they don't register! It's my first application, but since I am still a PhD, I am so scared to be rejected because of this reason! I was a marie curie PhD so i also believe, they would expect more in CV but i still have hope on my proposal.. We will see!

lifmc2020

Post by lifmc2020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Steminist wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 pm
Hey guys!

You are right, a lot of people are reading this forum even that they don't register! It's my first application, but since I am still a PhD, I am so scared to be rejected because of this reason! I was a marie curie PhD so i also believe, they would expect more in CV but i still have hope on my proposal.. We will see!
Me I defended last February (right before everything shut down). I know people who got it right after their PhD, I think the key as everyone in this forum has been saying is just luck

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Steminist wrote:
Hey guys!

I think that the way that you have to think of it is that probably almost everyone on this forum wrote a proposal worthy of funding. That is, it would advance knowledge and they have a good plan for how the research would be done. So the reviewers have to look for the negatives and it ends up being very subjective. Those of us who had reviews go down on a resubmission know that, factually, the review process is subjective. Because I did well on my first submission and the minor criticisms that got me down to the reserve list felt fair that year, I thought that maybe it was a fair process and I learned the hard way it isn't. There are lots of very smart people in this forum, but only some will get the funding, and that's probably not because the others wrote "bad" proposals.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

lifmc2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 am
Star@434 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 am
:cry: :(
lifmc2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:05 pm

27 days :lol:
Hang in there! My gut feels it will be 1 week before the deadline (feb 2nd) but I have no basis for this :D
Pure speculation that gets people all worked up is the mainstay of this forum I think :lol: :lol: :lol:

tahir

Post by tahir » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 pm
Steminist wrote:
Hey guys!

I think that the way that you have to think of it is that probably almost everyone on this forum wrote a proposal worthy of funding. That is, it would advance knowledge and they have a good plan for how the research would be done. So the reviewers have to look for the negatives and it ends up being very subjective. Those of us who had reviews go down on a resubmission know that, factually, the review process is subjective. Because I did well on my first submission and the minor criticisms that got me down to the reserve list felt fair that year, I thought that maybe it was a fair process and I learned the hard way it isn't. There are lots of very smart people in this forum, but only some will get the funding, and that's probably not because the others wrote "bad" proposals.
Absolutely right! bitter but true.

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Steminist wrote:
Hey guys!

I agree with the luck factor.. But generally the people I know who got a MSCA, they are quite experienced and they have quite good CVs. Even that I'm advised to apply and try in this year, and did my best as you said like all the people in here, I am quite stressed that, proposal will not change anything due to my "0 post-doc" years.

lifmc2020

Post by lifmc2020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Steminist wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Steminist wrote:
Hey guys!

I agree with the luck factor.. But generally the people I know who got a MSCA, they are quite experienced and they have quite good CVs. Even that I'm advised to apply and try in this year, and did my best as you said like all the people in here, I am quite stressed that, proposal will not change anything due to my "0 post-doc" years.
unfortunately none of us can know what the reviewers think until they send the results, but just as an anecdote, I know someone whose phd publication wasn't out yet when he submitted with a superstar host and he got it, then reading past years of this forum you see people with lots of high impact publications who don't, there is clearly no magic formula to get an MSCA ...