2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

trina_80

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by trina_80 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Diatosystem wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:39 pm
Hi!

just a short question: does your proposal have the status "Final"?

Because mine has it, but I heard other people with "submitted" or "under evaluation" status. Do you know what does it means? Is it good or bad?

Thanks!
Mine is "Final" as well.

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:14 pm

This evaluation sheet clarifies how focused on training the fellowship is, even in the excellence section. I hope everyone here was aware of that.

Fish20

Post by Fish20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:22 pm

MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:54 pm
IFCAR-2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:50 pm
AnnaMC wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:47 pm
It has the form: Your EU proposal XXXXX - Proposal Acronym ; rejection

That's all. If you look at the head of the email you can know what the result was: Rejection/Congratulations
What if on the waiting list? Is it rejection, congratulations or something else?
Mail received for one on the waiting list:
Your EU proposal XXXXX - Acronym; evaluation results

MSCA_ENG20

Post by MSCA_ENG20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 pm

Fish20 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:22 pm
MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
IFCAR-2020 wrote:

That's all. If you look at the head of the email you can know what the result was: Rejection/Congratulations
What if on the waiting list? Is it rejection, congratulations or something else?
Thanks Fish20!

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:37 pm

I first want to say that I agree that the way to get an MSCA is to work to the form expected - the technicalities and what they are looking for (knowledge exchange, training, appropriate supervisor, good Gantt Chart etc.) are all very important. But when we talk about "luck" we are talking about the attitude of the reviewer to the work that you are proposing. Sometimes they just don't like what you do.

Last year I resubmitted an improved version of a project that had been on the waitlist the year before. My implementation and impact sections went up. But my score for the "excellence" section went down (by over a point), and the things that they picked on -- which are central to my project -- were there the previous year. And the section was definitely improved on the previous year. So this is where we talk of "luck" in terms of the review process.

FWIW, I addressed some of the review comments from last year. But at the advice of my supervisor, who has had multiple MSCA fellows, I didn't tear it up too much. We will just hope the reviewers have an opinion to it closer to the first time I submitted, and that the highly polished technical elements help to support me.

There are also comments that get put into these reviews that just feel random. Like justifying how you will get office space, even when you already say this.

The point has been made before, but probably almost everyone who is here wrote a program that is worthy of funding and they would do a great job with their project. So the reviewers are looking for negatives. I think that it is important to prepare yourself for this and the fact that academia includes debates about what the next new thing might be, and sometimes you fall on the wrong side of this for someone.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Fish20 wrote:
MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
IFCAR-2020 wrote:

Did you get on the waitlist last year? At some point, they tell the people from the waitlist of 2019 submissions that they are formally rejected, and this will clear the way for 2020 results (maybe a week later). So we need people on the waitlist to report when they receive these rejections.

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:39 pm

So guys,

Today i went to the twitter account of " MSCAactions @MSCActions". And i checked the liked twits of this account.
This account liked a twit of YESTERDAY which is written " Kicking off the new year with some exciting news! I am delighted to join
XXX as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow - YES I got it @MSCActions bla bla bla". So i thought she might be the suspicious winner of yesterday. (Because they mentioned that project was on law and this one is also)

Luckily, she also mentioned the project name in her twit too. So i checked and i realized she was a winner of 2019. So IMO, there is no results out and since the status change is not happening, we will get the results quite close to 9th february.

I did my best stalking :I

Fish20

Post by Fish20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:49 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 pm
Fish20 wrote:
MSCA_ENG20 wrote:

Did you get on the waitlist last year? At some point, they tell the people from the waitlist of 2019 submissions that they are formally rejected, and this will clear the way for 2020 results (maybe a week later). So we need people on the waitlist to report when they receive these rejections.
Yes! I will inform once I got the rejection notice :lol:

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:49 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:37 pm
I first want to say that I agree that the way to get an MSCA is to work to the form expected - the technicalities and what they are looking for (knowledge exchange, training, appropriate supervisor, good Gantt Chart etc.) are all very important. But when we talk about "luck" we are talking about the attitude of the reviewer to the work that you are proposing. Sometimes they just don't like what you do.

Last year I resubmitted an improved version of a project that had been on the waitlist the year before. My implementation and impact sections went up. But my score for the "excellence" section went down (by over a point), and the things that they picked on -- which are central to my project -- were there the previous year. And the section was definitely improved on the previous year. So this is where we talk of "luck" in terms of the review process.

FWIW, I addressed some of the review comments from last year. But at the advice of my supervisor, who has had multiple MSCA fellows, I didn't tear it up too much. We will just hope the reviewers have an opinion to it closer to the first time I submitted, and that the highly polished technical elements help to support me.

There are also comments that get put into these reviews that just feel random. Like justifying how you will get office space, even when you already say this.

The point has been made before, but probably almost everyone who is here wrote a program that is worthy of funding and they would do a great job with their project. So the reviewers are looking for negatives. I think that it is important to prepare yourself for this and the fact that academia includes debates about what the next new thing might be, and sometimes you fall on the wrong side of this for someone.
That sucks! I had a "fair" evaluation of a low score (74.90). I was pissed, but I did not know the details of the fellowship. The host did not help at all - and even some of my templates were wrong. After watching seminars, reading approved projects, and changing my host and supervisors to people with more experience in the fellowship, I feel that my score was a bit higher than it should be. I hope that I can have similar evaluators with good comments and mercifulness :D :D .

Diatosystem

Post by Diatosystem » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Steminist wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:39 pm
So guys,

Today i went to the twitter account of " MSCAactions @MSCActions". And i checked the liked twits of this account.
This account liked a twit of YESTERDAY which is written " Kicking off the new year with some exciting news! I am delighted to join
XXX as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow - YES I got it @MSCActions bla bla bla". So i thought she might be the suspicious winner of yesterday. (Because they mentioned that project was on law and this one is also)

Luckily, she also mentioned the project name in her twit too. So i checked and i realized she was a winner of 2019. So IMO, there is no results out and since the status change is not happening, we will get the results quite close to 9th february.

I did my best stalking :I
Your stalking skills are over 9000 :lol: :lol: