2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Dino20

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by Dino20 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:58 pm
We have a lot of us still in evaluation. Let's just get drunk this weekend, and who knows what next week will bring!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hangover + MSCA result :D :D :D

LAVIN1234@1

Post by LAVIN1234@1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:12 pm

GUYS, I like this group very much, this is my second attempt, I worked hard to improve my proposal, now that I am writing this I am very upset and may not succeed,I wish success to everyone, especially Dreamer and PetetheCat. :oops: :oops:
still: Evaluation
panel: ENV

Chi_

Post by Chi_ » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi to all of you!
It has been so nice to find this place to share anxiety :D
I checked my status and it is RANKING (I'm in the CAR panel, I wonder it it really means anything..
Anyway best of luck for all!

aplampro

Post by aplampro » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:26 pm

Hello guys!

I am on of the many who have been silently following this forum these last weeks. I’m on the SOC panel and my status is “Ranking”. Hopefully it’ll be my third-time lucky this year.

You have been keeping me great company. Thanks to everyone for that and good luck with your results. And let’s hope this will happen at some point tomorrow.

Stat

Post by Stat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:31 pm

Before notifying coordinators of the final evaluation results, the Commission reviews the results of the experts
evaluation and puts together the final ranking list.
msca2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:08 pm
Stat wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 pm
Hi guys,

With your permission, let me join your party:-)
I was lurking for about a month or more and decided - finally - to write something :-)
I am in the CAR and still in Evaluation as Dreamer, and PetetheCAt, to name a few.
I have been reading the previous threads and also the current one, frankly speaking, there isn't that much that you can read from your status, especially if you are still under Evaluation. Plenty of those who were ranked previously ended up not receiving the grant.There is one applicant who got the grant, was under evaluation, and never went to the ranking status:
Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)
Report this post
Post by MSCAA2019 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:24 pm
Main list. 97.4 MSCA-SE.
Thanks dreamer.
BTW, my status is still in "evaluation".
Good luck to everyone!

Also, of those who were under evaluation either they got the grant or they scored below 70.

The following is copied from the updated H2020 online manual:

FINAL EVALUATION RESULTS
Before notifying coordinators of the final evaluation results, the Commission reviews the results of the experts’ evaluation and puts together the final ranking list.

Proposals will not be offered funding if the Commission finds that it is already funding very similar work elsewhere, or a proposal is in any way manifestly contrary to established EU or Euratom policies.

Final rankings

The Commission:

produces a ranked list of proposals, including all proposals with scores above the qualifying score
draws up a list of proposals for possible funding from that list. The number of proposals in the list depends on the available budget.
Each page of topic conditions of a call on the Participant Portal gives approximate timelines when coordinators will receive information on the outcome of the evaluation.

Reserve list

If the available budget is too small to fund all proposals that reached the qualifying score in the evaluation round, some proposals may be put on a reserve list – of proposals that may be offered funding if a higher-scoring project does not go ahead or additional funds become available.

When a proposal is placed on the reserve list, the coordinator is informed. The Commission may also specify a date after which grant agreement is unlikely to be offered.

Rejection decisions

The Commission will notify proposal coordinators if their proposal has been rejected because:

it is found to be inadmissible or ineligible (before or during the evaluation)
it falls short of the relevant thresholds
it is too far down the ranked list to qualify for the limited amount of funding available
if it fails to obtain ethics clearance, following an ethics review (see Article 13.3 - Rules for participation and the ethics section
it raises security concerns.
General rule: Evaluation < 70 Ranking > 70. System can have glitches that is why you have one or two people per year maybe without the ranking change in my opinion.
Ranking only means you got the cutoff. If there were available funding all above 70 would have been funded. Unfortunately there is not and the MSCA proposals are so competitive the funded cutoffs are insanely high.
HOWEVER you must remember EC does not only have MSCA it has other calls as well where successful results are closer to 80-85 in this case the Ranking status has more meaning than in the MSCA IF case

In any way. Patience is a virtue ... which we all seem to lack :p But we should try to stay cool and not trying to find secrets and conspiracy theories in everything :-)

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Dino20 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:58 pm
We have a lot of us still in evaluation. Let's just get drunk this weekend, and who knows what next week will bring!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hangover + MSCA result :D :D :D
Haha, for sure! And at least NoPanic42 will have had a fun birthday.

However, I am in the US right now, so if I were to drink at the same time as those of you who are in Europe, I might end up in quite a sorry state!

jivan

Post by jivan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Hello dear all.

It´s my first time in this forum. I submitted a proposal in ENG Pannel. Is there any place where we could find information?

MSCA_ENG20

Post by MSCA_ENG20 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:44 pm

jivan wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:38 pm
Hello dear all.

It´s my first time in this forum. I submitted a proposal in ENG Pannel. Is there any place where we could find information?
Welcome!
Yes, the 254 pages of this thread contain 100% relevant information/speculation! :lol:
If you want to check the "internal" status of your project, you can go over the last 10 pages of the thread (whether the "internal" status really means something is another subject of intense speculation).
...Otherwise, you probably just have to wait until Monday or Tuesday, and you will know for sure. ;)
Last edited by MSCA_ENG20 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diatosystem

Post by Diatosystem » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:45 pm

jivan wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:38 pm
Hello dear all.

Which kind of information do you need?

MC CHEM 2020

Post by MC CHEM 2020 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:46 pm

msca2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:08 pm
Stat wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 pm
Hi guys,

With your permission, let me join your party:-)
I was lurking for about a month or more and decided - finally - to write something :-)
I am in the CAR and still in Evaluation as Dreamer, and PetetheCAt, to name a few.
I have been reading the previous threads and also the current one, frankly speaking, there isn't that much that you can read from your status, especially if you are still under Evaluation. Plenty of those who were ranked previously ended up not receiving the grant.There is one applicant who got the grant, was under evaluation, and never went to the ranking status:
Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)
Report this post
Post by MSCAA2019 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:24 pm
Main list. 97.4 MSCA-SE.
Thanks dreamer.
BTW, my status is still in "evaluation".
Good luck to everyone!

Also, of those who were under evaluation either they got the grant or they scored below 70.

The following is copied from the updated H2020 online manual:

FINAL EVALUATION RESULTS
Before notifying coordinators of the final evaluation results, the Commission reviews the results of the experts’ evaluation and puts together the final ranking list.

Proposals will not be offered funding if the Commission finds that it is already funding very similar work elsewhere, or a proposal is in any way manifestly contrary to established EU or Euratom policies.

Final rankings

The Commission:

produces a ranked list of proposals, including all proposals with scores above the qualifying score
draws up a list of proposals for possible funding from that list. The number of proposals in the list depends on the available budget.
Each page of topic conditions of a call on the Participant Portal gives approximate timelines when coordinators will receive information on the outcome of the evaluation.

Reserve list

If the available budget is too small to fund all proposals that reached the qualifying score in the evaluation round, some proposals may be put on a reserve list – of proposals that may be offered funding if a higher-scoring project does not go ahead or additional funds become available.

When a proposal is placed on the reserve list, the coordinator is informed. The Commission may also specify a date after which grant agreement is unlikely to be offered.

Rejection decisions

The Commission will notify proposal coordinators if their proposal has been rejected because:

it is found to be inadmissible or ineligible (before or during the evaluation)
it falls short of the relevant thresholds
it is too far down the ranked list to qualify for the limited amount of funding available
if it fails to obtain ethics clearance, following an ethics review (see Article 13.3 - Rules for participation and the ethics section
it raises security concerns.
General rule: Evaluation < 70 Ranking > 70. System can have glitches that is why you have one or two people per year maybe without the ranking change in my opinion.
Ranking only means you got the cutoff. If there were available funding all above 70 would have been funded. Unfortunately there is not and the MSCA proposals are so competitive the funded cutoffs are insanely high.
HOWEVER you must remember EC does not only have MSCA it has other calls as well where successful results are closer to 80-85 in this case the Ranking status has more meaning than in the MSCA IF case

In any way. Patience is a virtue ... which we all seem to lack :p But we should try to stay cool and not trying to find secrets and conspiracy theories in everything :-)
Evaluation probably means either got the grant or less than 70 (based on last couple of years pattern). Ranking most probably indicate above cut off