2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

pajvana

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by pajvana » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:35 pm

Just got the answer from the dreamergirl,95.2 main list soc standard. Thanks dreamergirl!!

byo001

Post by byo001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:35 pm

PHYS2020 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:32 pm
86.6 MSCA-IF-ST-SE PHY panel. Went from evaluation to ranking as soon as I saw the first posts here that people were getting ranking, so pretty fast.

Good luck to everyone and HUGE congrats to those who got the funding. Hopefully the seal of excellence means that my similar application (who am I kidding, identical minus the “training” emphasis) for a national grant call will go better. You think the five month wait for MSCA was horrible, in that one the call ended in October and I’ll hear the results in June for a grant that should start already this September...
You mean your status changed from evaluation to ranking pretty fast?

guiness2021

Post by guiness2021 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:38 pm

IBuric wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 pm
I've just got the answer from DreamerGirl and I am forever grateful to her for easing my pain!

Information for those who are still waiting:

1. My score is 94.6, the project was submitted to social sciences panel. In the portal, I noticed today that I am marked as ranking (when disabling styles in Safari), but I have not been checking the status changes before that.

2. DreamerGirl responded in 75 minutes since I have sent my message. I only sent her my acronym.

I am not that surprised that I got it because they requested additional ethical information from me two weeks ago. My supervisor told that means that I am most likely selected.

About me: My background is in psychology, but I am also trained in neuroscience in molecular biology so my work is quite interdisciplinary. I am researching the relationship between mindfulness, brain and the immune system. I have PhDs from two universities (UK and NL from 2015-2020), but no postdoctoral experience. I only have two first authored publications at the moment (one of them is highly cited) and two as a second or third author.
Congrat ! you just graduated from your PhD, so a huge list of publications is not necessary. With more experience post-docs, I would say that the CV should be reflected in consequences. With MSCA to keep in mind is the potential to have news skills and impact our career, so it should be included in the proposal that perspective.

IBuric

Post by IBuric » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:43 pm

guiness2021 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:38 pm
IBuric wrote:
I've just got the answer from DreamerGirl and I am forever grateful to her for easing my pain!

1. My score is 94.6, the project was submitted to social sciences panel. In the portal, I noticed today that I am marked as ranking (when disabling styles in Safari), but I have not been checking the status changes before that.

2. DreamerGirl responded in 75 minutes since I have sent my message. I only sent her my acronym.

I am not that surprised that I got it because they requested additional ethical information from me two weeks ago. My supervisor told that means that I am most likely selected.

About me: My background is in psychology, but I am also trained in neuroscience in molecular biology so my work is quite interdisciplinary. I am researching the relationship between mindfulness, brain and the immune system. I have PhDs from two universities (UK and NL from 2015-2020), but no postdoctoral experience. I only have two first authored publications at the moment (one of them is highly cited) and two as a second or third author.
Congrat ! you just graduated from your PhD, so a huge list of publications is not necessary. With more experience post-docs, I would say that the CV should be reflected in consequences. With MSCA to keep in mind is the potential to have news skills and impact our career, so it should be included in the proposal that perspective.
Thanks! Yes, I agree with you and it makes sense to me now. However, when I was preparing my application, I believed that my chances are quite low and my main goal was to get feedback from the reviewers in order to make a stronger application next year.

IBuric

Post by IBuric » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 pm

Little_Venice wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:33 pm
Congrats and your career paths sounds absolutely awesome.
IBuric wrote:

Thank you Little_Venice :) I wish you best of luck with your work!

AndyC

Post by AndyC » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:46 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 pm
I waste my time there to give answers inbox and you play with my name. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Howto

Post by Howto » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Got my score from DreamerGirl. 82.2 below budget. Thank you Dreamer and DreamerGirl for your selfish help! I have been enjoying the forum so much in the last three years (but never wrote anything...)
This is my third and last try. I got <70 for the first time, 83.6% last year, and after having a significantly improved CV and more carefully written proposal together with my experienced host and her professional team, I got 82.2% for this time.
Like my host said, my proposal was even stronger than most of her MSCA winners. So, just want to say, we do need a lot of luck!

BTW, all the applicants with my host were successful in the last 5 years, except Chinese... (this is what my host told me). Yes, I am Chinese. I hope this has nothing to do with nationality, but it seems to be a factor affecting the judgment of the evaluators, which I also fully understand.

Congratulations to all the winners! Wish all of us a bright career.

PHYS2020

Post by PHYS2020 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Yes, that is what I mean. But now I got a message from DreamerGirl that I got 97.8 main list???

So, back story. I didn’t message them both to intentionally see if they had the same results. DreamerGirl first responded to me that she couldn’t find my acronym and asked to tell her the panel. After answering her I saw her message here that her inbox was full so I sent a pm to Dreamer, since I thought she wouldn’t get my response. Dreamer responded first 86.6 failed, and I was ok with that and decided to share my result here. But just now I got the message from DreamerGirl that it was 97.8 main list? Now I’m super scared to find out which one looked on the wrong row :shock:
byo001 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:35 pm
PHYS2020 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:32 pm
86.6 MSCA-IF-ST-SE PHY panel. Went from evaluation to ranking as soon as I saw the first posts here that people were getting ranking, so pretty fast.

Good luck to everyone and HUGE congrats to those who got the funding. Hopefully the seal of excellence means that my similar application (who am I kidding, identical minus the “training” emphasis) for a national grant call will go better. You think the five month wait for MSCA was horrible, in that one the call ended in October and I’ll hear the results in June for a grant that should start already this September...
You mean your status changed from evaluation to ranking pretty fast?

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Dear friends I am so sorry my inbox is overweighted right now
I will try to put answers for all of you.

LIF2020_MSCA

Post by LIF2020_MSCA » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:50 pm

doggoss wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:15 pm
DreamerGirl told me my score was 70.4
Dreamer told me my score was 75.4

Either way, it seems I failed. First time applying. In CAR panel.

For the record this was the last year I was eligible. I have had two prestigious postdocs. I also have first author papers in Nature, Science and PNAS, along with many other journals. It is VERY hard to believe I got a score in the 70s unless there was some major reviewer error or I got a reviewer that hates me or my MSCA supervisor. VERY sour on this whole MSCA process now.
I'm sorry.. but shouldn't it be the same score from both?