2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by CountZ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:01 pm

sdakouls wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:57 pm
no42 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:55 pm
He also increased the message limit from 400 to 1500.
I just tried PMing both Dreamer and DreamerGirl but see that my messages are stuck in my PM outbox. Does this mean that both of their inboxes are full? Will my messages automatically send as soon as space frees up in their inboxes?
It just means that they haven't got to open your message yet. But it was delivered so don't worry.

lastchance2020

Post by lastchance2020 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi there,
this is just to say hello and thank you for the company in these final stressful days. This is the second and last time I am applying for a MSCA. With the new eligibility rules, next year I am not sure I will be eligible. Everything depends on what they mean with 8 years of full time research. If it has to be paid research, I am fine. If it means 8 years from PHD (excluding children and other jobs), I am not sure I am eligible. Last year I got 84 and something, and this year I resubmitted my proposal with the requested amendments (nothing substantial in fact!). Last year, like today, I was a silent reader of this forum, I followed all Dreamer's saga, but I did not write to him. This year I had decided to wait the email without reading you, but I could not resist, so here I am, reader from p. 100 more or less. Even if I am tempted, I am not writing to the Dreamers... I probably sort of like this adrenaline status, or simply I want to postpone the pain of another rejection. Rationally I know that my hopes are minimal, but I still hope... I went to ranking quite early I think. I checked the forum at about 4.30 EU time, I checked my status and I was in Ranking (SOC panel)... I don't know if this is or not a good sign. I will let you know tomorrow or Tuesday for future references in case. Good luck to everyone who does not know the results yet, congratulations to the lucky ones, and a hug to those who did not get it. It is a lottery, you don't have to take it personally, but it is still painful. Go on, something else will come out in life!

MSCA_ENG20

Post by MSCA_ENG20 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Thanks again Dreamer and DreamerGirl for your time! It really saved us days of stress!
Thanks to CountZ for this fantastic forum with a great atmosphere!
All the best to Dreamer, PetetheCat and many others who went through this process so many times with still no positive outcome, I wish you the best for your careers.
For all of us who did not get the fellowship this time, keep going, and best of luck for your next grant application!
And of course, congratulations to the happy recipients this year, I wish you the best for your fellowship.
Last edited by MSCA_ENG20 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chem_2020

Post by Chem_2020 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:09 pm

At Diatosystem, do you know your results?

sdakouls

Post by sdakouls » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:19 pm

CountZ wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:01 pm
It just means that they haven't got to open your message yet. But it was delivered so don't worry.
Great, thanks. And thanks for all of your effort running this forum, especially upping the PM inbox limit to help people out!

Little_Venice

Post by Little_Venice » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Thanks for sharing, lastchance! Break a leg tomorrow!!
lastchance2020 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:05 pm
Hi there,
this is just to say hello and thank you for the company in these final stressful days. This is the second and last time I am applying for a MSCA. With the new eligibility rules, next year I am not sure I will be eligible. Everything depends on what they mean with 8 years of full time research. If it has to be paid research, I am fine. If it means 8 years from PHD (excluding children and other jobs), I am not sure I am eligible. Last year I got 84 and something, and this year I resubmitted my proposal with the requested amendments (nothing substantial in fact!). Last year, like today, I was a silent reader of this forum, I followed all Dreamer's saga, but I did not write to him. This year I had decided to wait the email without reading you, but I could not resist, so here I am, reader from p. 100 more or less. Even if I am tempted, I am not writing to the Dreamers... I probably sort of like this adrenaline status, or simply I want to postpone the pain of another rejection. Rationally I know that my hopes are minimal, but I still hope... I went to ranking quite early I think. I checked the forum at about 4.30 EU time, I checked my status and I was in Ranking (SOC panel)... I don't know if this is or not a good sign. I will let you know tomorrow or Tuesday for future references in case. Good luck to everyone who does not know the results yet, congratulations to the lucky ones, and a hug to those who did not get it. It is a lottery, you don't have to take it personally, but it is still painful. Go on, something else will come out in life!

fariba

Post by fariba » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:20 pm

2020Karlsruhe wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:23 pm
Dear Dream or Dream girl,
Can you also tell me my MSCA-IF-2020score?

SK_MSCA_IF_CAR

Post by SK_MSCA_IF_CAR » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:21 pm

I have been seeing the messages in this forum for more than 10 days now... It has helped me a lot. The magic link.. Disabling browser styles.. Everything helped. I am in Ranking.. I am in CAR panel. Waiting for responses from our saviours, Dreamer & Dreamgirl. Thank you all for being so supportive!

Surrreal

Post by Surrreal » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Fu Manchu wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:42 pm
Surrreal wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 am
Surrreal wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:24 pm

Changed to Ranking just now. CAR panel.
Many thanks to Dreamer and DreamerGirl for confirming my results.

88 below available funding.

CAR panel.

I moved from Evaluation to Ranking within 2,5 hours.

I hope the above will help some of you or future applicants. Good luck to all!
Oh no, that sucks! I remember that you and Esbesp were the first ones to change from evaluation to ranking in CAR. He/she got it (96, I believe), and you did not, so it is a bit random.
Yeah, I was the first in the forum from the CAR panel to announce the change to ranking. I think what matters most is how fast the change from Evaluation to Ranking happens, rather than how early or late in the day you go to Ranking.

NoMoreABD

Post by NoMoreABD » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Thank you CountZ for the forum, thank you DreamerGirl and Dreamer for your efforts, and thank you everyone on this forum. I only posted a handful of comments but I wanted to share with everyone how special it is that this place has become a sort of community. This is pretty amazing.
Dreamer team - the fact that you're taking out of your time to help a bunch of strangers to cope with anxiety is absolutely inspiring. Thank you for that.
I haven't PMd the Dreamers yet, I'm contemplating how I want to receive my rejection... I might PM you two this evening if you happen to be online. But regardless, just wanted to say it has been great to be on the same boat with all of you for the last couple of days.
In the unlikely chance I do get the grant (1st attempt), my commitment is to share it with others who prepare their applications, so they can use it as a resource.

Good luck everyone in whatever you end up doing!