2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

EnvS

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by EnvS » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 am

I just received my grant agreement preparation email. Many thanks my lovable friend Dreamer. You are all the way my happiness since from yesterday.

ENV panel.

lifmc2020

Post by lifmc2020 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 am

NoPanic42 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:41 am

So it matches with DreamTeam??!! I am still waiting for the email and nothing is in the portal
I think you're good no panic they seem to be accurate

Little_Venice

Post by Little_Venice » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:44 am

HSK00 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:40 am
Congratulations little_venice.
What is your score?
Little_Venice wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:37 am
Hi guys,

For those who are waiting for your results in the SOC panel - I just got mine, proposal number 10102xxxxx. I submitted about a day before the deadline.
I won the fellowship, but I already knew that from the DreamTeam and celebrated heavily over the week-end :).

For the record, I went from evaluation to ranking in about hour. According to DreamTeam, and I am at the bottom of the awardees' list, in the 200s. On the anecdotal evidence that we have, I support the theory that successful applications with higher scores go into ranking first :).

I already shared my story a few (dozens of) pages back, but just a recap - I got this on my 4th time. Scores in the range of 89-92 each time, three SoE, one reserve list (last year). I was not going to re-apply this year but I had an idea of how to improve my proposal in terms of state-of-the-art data management and dissemination and I believe that's what worked in the end (as in, resulted in the couple of extra points that I was missing). The core idea/research design has stayed exactly the same all four times.

My two cents for future applicants. 1. Don't incorporate reviewer comments unless you agree with them. Reviewers change every year and it's not uncommon to see conflicting advice from reviewers. I was absolutely devastated the second time around because I was convinced that revisions on the basis of reviewer feedback would do the job, and the new reviews ignored the revisions and picked on exactly the aspects that were praised the first submission :-). It's your research and this scheme is for experienced researchers, and you always know better. 2. Those who frame your outcome as a 'failure' - all this means is that you didn't cut the treshold this year around. I passed with 93,60 and I saw someone who has been placed on reserve list with 93 on my panel, so I barely cut it. If you scored high, your proposal is probably brilliant, but there were other equally brilliant applicants who got just a little bit luckier than you. That's all that is and is not a reflection of the quality of your research. Break a leg, everyone!

Little_Venice

Post by Little_Venice » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 am

NoPanic - NO.PANIC!
The Dreamer is NEVER wrong, all matches perfectly! He is a BOY and he is NEVER wrong :).

NoPanic42 wrote:
Little_Venice wrote:
Hi guys,

For those who are waiting for your results in the SOC (ST-IF) panel - I just got mine, proposal number 10102xxxxx. I submitted about a day before the deadline.
I won the fellowship, but I already knew that from the DreamTeam and celebrated heavily over the week-end :).

For the record, I went from evaluation to ranking in about hour. According to DreamTeam, and I am at the bottom of the awardees' list, in the 200s. On the anecdotal evidence that we have, I support the theory that successful applications with higher scores go into ranking first :).

I already shared my story a few (dozens of) pages back, but just a recap - I got this on my 4th time. Scores in the range of 89-92 each time, three SoE, one reserve list (last year). I was not going to re-apply this year but I had an idea of how to improve my proposal in terms of state-of-the-art data management and dissemination and I believe that's what worked in the end (as in, resulted in the couple of extra points that I was missing). The core idea/research design has stayed exactly the same all four times.

My two cents for future applicants. 1. Don't incorporate reviewer comments unless you agree with them. Reviewers change every year and it's not uncommon to see conflicting advice from reviewers. I was absolutely devastated the second time around because I was convinced that revisions on the basis of reviewer feedback would do the job, and the new reviews ignored the revisions and picked on exactly the aspects that were praised the first submission :-). It's your research and this scheme is for experienced researchers, and you always know better. 2. Those who frame your outcome as a 'failure' - all this means is that you didn't cut the treshold this year around. I passed with 93,60 and I saw someone who has been placed on reserve list with 93 on my panel, so I barely cut it. If you scored high, your proposal is probably brilliant, but there were other equally brilliant applicants who got just a little bit luckier than you. That's all that is and is not a reflection of the quality of your research. Break a leg, everyone!
So it matches with DreamTeam??!! I am still waiting for the email and nothing is in the portal

NoPanic42

Post by NoPanic42 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 am

lifmc2020 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 am
NoPanic42 wrote:

no complain about DreamTeam, I just cannot believe it. It is my third attempt and my last chance!

Little_Venice

Post by Little_Venice » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:46 am

Congrats! 96 is an excellent score.
Shathlia wrote:
pafi wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:33 am
Hi everybody!

Just want to share news about the SOC panel.

Got the grant in SOC (ST-EF) with 94.80.
Did not receive an email yet. The info was uploaded in the portal at exactly 8 am UK time.

Wish you all good luck :). In case you don't get it, do not give up, this was my second atempt (same proposal, improved based on the comments). Got 86 last year.
Well, this is good then. I haven't heard anything and haven't been processed further, but it said on the evaluation 96.00. So I should been getting a letter/offer soon. Also in SOC.

This is my second attempt as well. I did poorly on my first attempt too, I got 67.20. But I listened carefully to all the criticisms and got lots of feedback from other researchers and made all the improvements!

Shathlia

Post by Shathlia » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am

Little_Venice wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:46 am
Congrats! 96 is an excellent score.
Shathlia wrote:
pafi wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:33 am
Hi everybody!

Just want to share news about the SOC panel.

Got the grant in SOC (ST-EF) with 94.80.
Did not receive an email yet. The info was uploaded in the portal at exactly 8 am UK time.

Wish you all good luck :). In case you don't get it, do not give up, this was my second atempt (same proposal, improved based on the comments). Got 86 last year.
Well, this is good then. I haven't heard anything and haven't been processed further, but it said on the evaluation 96.00. So I should been getting a letter/offer soon. Also in SOC.

This is my second attempt as well. I did poorly on my first attempt too, I got 67.20. But I listened carefully to all the criticisms and got lots of feedback from other researchers and made all the improvements!
Thank you!! Very excited and relieved. The dream lives on for another day!

NoPanic42

Post by NoPanic42 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am

Little_Venice wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 am
NoPanic - NO.PANIC!
The Dreamer is NEVER wrong, all matches perfectly! He is a BOY and he is NEVER wrong :).

NoPanic42 wrote:
Little_Venice wrote:
Hi guys,

For those who are waiting for your results in the SOC (ST-IF) panel - I just got mine, proposal number 10102xxxxx. I submitted about a day before the deadline.

Thank you for the support! I feel better now...just matter of time now! :)

nino

Post by nino » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:48 am

You should celebrate - again :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

no complain about DreamTeam, I just cannot believe it. It is my third attempt and my last chance!
[/quote]
;)
Cheers !
Nino

lifmc2020

Post by lifmc2020 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:49 am

NoPanic42 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 am
lifmc2020 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 am
NoPanic42 wrote:

This is my one and only chance, but I will do the project no matter what so that's what's really important. keep us updated when its official! btw do you know when you switched to ranking ? I decided to wait (of course I shouldn't have) so im trying to judge when LIF people should just get on with their day if they haven't heard :lol: :lol: :lol: