2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

robust_and_resilient

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by robust_and_resilient » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:10 pm

wait_for_w8... wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 pm
robust_and_resilient wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm
as I also understood that I'm rejected, asked Dreamer (many thanks!)

got 88.2 in CAR panel, rejected. Note that last year I was below threshold with the very same project. I sent it unchanged just because I know it is good and the reviewers' comments were unhelpful and ridiculous. And well, it seems I was right, due to the increase of 25 points in score this time with other reviewers.

still disappointed, of course :(

following my experience (and some other applicants') -- don't make substantial changes to your project if you disagree with the reviewers. Those people will never see your work again
I wonder if these crazy drops (and in your case ups) in points are in specific panels (maybe humanities?) ?
For example, in my case in PHY pannel, last year when I did not make it, the weakness well properly mentioned. This year the strenghts were noticed in the manner I wanted them to notice them.
no, dear colleague, I'm in physics as you are :) just apply in CAR panel, but reviewers are from phy

one of the reviewers of the previous year gave me really angry comments: outdated topic, weak publication record, etc. (nothing justified), perhaps hated my project or myself or my supervisor for some reasons. Other reviewers gave positive comments, contradicting this one. The score looked like one person gave zeros in everything. I believe this year I was lucky to get normal reviewers, so the score looks fair (didn't see the report yet). Anyways, I would prefer to have two more points and to get the grant :)

SER0

Post by SER0 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:11 pm

The reviewer wrote the strength of applicant and the supervisor. Then pointed out the overall two way transfer and mentioned excellent.
I agree with most of the comments. Some parts I found myself weak but after submission. Only quality of the proposal matters. All others are supporting facts.
wait_for_w8... wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 pm
HopefullyMCIF wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 pm
wait_for_w8... wrote:

Do I remember correctly that your H index is 16? If thats the case, then I guess that they pay close attention (atleast it looks like) how you get to that number.
What you mean? The higher H index you have, the more likely you are to get a higher score?
Well you can have an H index of 100 by being in super colaborative field like particle or astrophysics but what matters is what you can actually do. So they go through your publication record. Which I would be suprised if they did because its super consuming to do but atleast in my case they mentioned some stuff from my CV (some very close specifics about my publications)

robust_and_resilient

Post by robust_and_resilient » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Vin5 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 pm

got 88.2 in CAR panel, rejected. Note that last year I was below threshold with the very same project. I sent it unchanged just because I know it is good and the reviewers' comments were unhelpful and ridiculous. And well, it seems I was right, due to the increase of 25 points in score this time with other reviewers.

following my experience (and some other applicants') -- don't make substantial changes to your project if you disagree with the reviewers. Those people will never see your work again
Have you resubmitted it with new host? There is a time limit how long you are allowed to reside in one country in order to be eligible to apply.
no, same host, but I'm not in their country and never was

Suerte

Post by Suerte » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:14 pm

Anyone knows the cut off marks of this year results? Just to understand where I am in the fxxxing reserve list

Dino20

Post by Dino20 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:14 pm

Biancaneve wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:01 pm
MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:55 pm
Pikatsu wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:44 pm

!!!!!!!!! Next day or TWO???
Is someone sending all the e-mails manually? :lol: :lol:
:D probably, copying email addresses from an excel file one by one :D
Won't be surprised if they re sending it manually.

Let's be honest..this whole process is grossly inefficient.. The data leak is horrible to say the least..thankfully it fell to the Dream team and we can get the result..Ve we for once considered that this data could theoretically also fall into other peoples hand?

MSCA can do better

112_MC

Post by 112_MC » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:15 pm

...any winners after the first two rejections here? Maybe they are just sending emails randomly or according to the ID...isn't that possible?

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:16 pm

wait_for_w8... wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 pm

I wonder if these crazy drops (and in your case ups) in points are in specific panels (maybe humanities?) ?
For example, in my case in PHY pannel, last year when I did not make it, the weakness well properly mentioned. This year the strenghts were noticed in the manner I wanted them to notice them.
Good point. I told a few pages ago that the project with the higher score that I read wasnt the best one. Actually, far from it.

no42

Post by no42 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:18 pm

HopefullyMCIF wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 pm
wait_for_w8... wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 pm
HopefullyMCIF wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 pm

What you mean? The higher H index you have, the more likely you are to get a higher score?
Well you can have an H index of 100 by being in super colaborative field like particle or astrophysics but what matters is what you can actually do. So they go through your publication record. Which I would be suprised if they did because its super consuming to do but atleast in my case they mentioned some stuff from my CV (some very close specifics about my publications)
Ah good to know! And yeah, I agree, if you are amongst the last co-authors in all publications, and there's like 20 authors, then this may be picked up.. while if you're mainly a single author etc or first author, this matters. It also depends on the discipline, but i agree with you! thanks for your comment.
I second what wait_for_w8... said. However, you could have 50 authors or even more depending on the discipline and still be the person who wrote the paper. This happens all the time in Physics. I am working on papers for the collaboration rn which has several authors in it.

A single author paper at an early career stage (PhD or postdoc) in Physics, especially in PRL for e.g., is very rare and amazing.

Zeboim

Post by Zeboim » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:19 pm

112_MC wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:15 pm
...any winners after the first two rejections here? Maybe they are just sending emails randomly or according to the ID...isn't that possible?
There's an official announcement on Twitter... all the successful applicants were informed. Read between the lines what's the status of the rest of applicants. I've already cooped with rejection a few days back thanks to Dreamers.

cami

Post by cami » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:21 pm

MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:55 pm
Pikatsu wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:44 pm
pompidou wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:42 pm
MSCActions twitter account just posted:

Due to the high volume of applicants to the call, the applicants are being informed gradually over the next day or two. The MSCA Social Media Team
!!!!!!!!! Next day or TWO???
Is someone sending all the e-mails manually? :lol: :lol:
Yes, and typing them with two fingers :lol: