2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Irene_21

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by Irene_21 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:37 am

trina_80 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am
Just received my rejection letter - CAR panel. I'm shocked by the comments. Will get back with details.
Yes me too, comments're insane!

TurAy38

Post by TurAy38 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:02 am

I woke up and got my rejection letter. 79.8% which is lower than the previous year (84%). I read the comments and I believe whoever evaluated my proposal is clearly not the expert in the field. I sense that the referees tired their best to fail me :x. There is no other logical explanation for those stupid and This was my third attempt and I am done with it. My all efforts were stolen by stupid and biased referees. I congratulate those who made it through.

mzach

Post by mzach » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:03 am

Dear all, As said before I was rejected! However, I would like to thank you all in this forum; it made me feel like I was in a team sharing the same concerns and supporting each other. From now on I will stop visiting this forum and pretend that this has never happened. I will continue my research (which I really like) even though some people have opposite opinion. Be sure that no referee is better than you. When years pass and you'll become a referee, you'll realize that being a referee does not make you an expert and that all referees are not "gurus". And remember, academia is just a cage; the vulnerable is the one who insists to stay in its safety (including myself); the strong and brave are those who do not compromise and invest their time on their aspirations and dreams.

Chemista

Post by Chemista » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:05 am

feliz wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:29 am
Ccoleine wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:02 am
I see in my portal PROPOSAL MANAGEMENT AND GRANT PREPARATION but not still get feedback and evaluation. What does it mean?
Congratulations👏 look at the process documents. All the evaluation etc. should be there.
Hi everyone,
I received my rejection letter, I failed mainly in the risk managements and they punished me a lot there. I will try to improve that part and apply again.

Greetings to everyone, Let's try to move one!!!

HopefullyMCIF

Post by HopefullyMCIF » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:10 am

Just woke up and it's official :DDDD
:(
hahaha
but yeah, much better to already know the (failed) result from Dreamer, at least i knew it was a rejection :) Good to have the comments though!

MSCA_2020_RI_SWE

Post by MSCA_2020_RI_SWE » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:12 am

Reintegration Panel, rejection, 88,4 (4.2/4.6/4.7)
overall, the comments are fair, in fact the evaluation report reads as the biggest endorsement of my work I have ever seen :D :lol: - with the score not necessarily reflective of the laudatory tone of the strengths.
EXCELLENCE: The weaknesses clearly come from the perspective of someone in the 3rd discipline of my proposal (my project involves 3 disciplines in the humanities, me having experience in 2 of them and looking for training in the 3rd one), which is logically what I have addressed the least. Can be easily corrected in resubmission.

IMPACT: the only weakness identified is that "The proposal does not give enough information on how the intended research and training would ensure the researcher's potential career beyond academia." True, I only offered academic overview, as I do not have many career choices outside academia. Will have to come up with something I guess.

IMPLEMENTATION: only strengths listed, all of them offering much praise, not a hint at why 0.3 points were removed. Will have to think of something for the next call.

Best luck in resubmission everyone! and congrats to those who made it in the other side of the funding cut line!!!

dikembemutombo

Post by dikembemutombo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 am

I have the same issue. I guess the point here is no obvious weakness but not perfect. Or one of the reviewer is a stingy one.

NayeliJC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:32 am
Me too! I got 4.8 for Impact with ni weakness

neurobabble wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 am
SezarArj wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:17 am
I received the results and now I have no doubt that this is a gamble and the opinions and scores are completely personal and baseless. Sorry for such a stupid referee. How is it possible that a complete score is not given in the part where the referee announces that there are no weaknesses?
I'm going crazy
I had the same issue. They basically wrote about how perfect the section was and game me a 4.8 for it. lol

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:19 am

Hi everybody,

Former applicant here; applied twice, failed twice. This year i did not bother, but i remembered all these hours spent here in the forum.

This message is for the ones that did not get it....
Dont get pissed off, its just a waste of time.
Also dont think that if you have thousand publication or your host and PI are top five, you will surely get it.

This fellowship, even though it might seem it has a very precise evaluation system, it is not about excellence of the candidate. It is about excellence of the reviewers and pure luck whether they like the proposal or not. They review more than one proposal; among these they need to pick up one they like the most. So if they like someone else proposal more, they will just find something to turn down your proposal.

At the end its pure luck, so dont look to the one that got it, because they have been extremely lucky, and you are not. That's it.

Also, it seems to me, that they have some sort of system that tells them if you have resubmitted, even if you have a new project and pi. If you resubmit, most of the people will get significantly lower score. It happened to me; first year got around 76. Applied next year (new PI, new host, new project) and got 60 (proposal style was similar and i had improved the general aspects the panel picked up).

Keep fighting!

Mary_dramaqueen

Post by Mary_dramaqueen » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:32 am

Just received my rejection email. Some comments on the weakness are completely random...others very useful, I will try it again. So, see next year and remember that the scores received don't value ourself as researchers :D Let's be positive! Thanks all, and Dreamer and DreamerGirl!

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:41 am

I scored 88.2 in CAR (cut was 90) - 4.2/4.9/4.2.

I had a section with no weakness with 4.9.

One comment about my Gannt Chart it is just ridiculous.

I also had one comment about the transfer of knowledge saying that I will only make seminars. I put even the name of the modules that I will teach in the proposal, for example, and they just ignored. The feeling is terrible.