2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

sdakouls

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by sdakouls » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:51 am

Fu Manchu wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:41 am
One comment about my Gannt Chart it is just ridiculous.
What was the comment?

Tired-ST-SOC

Post by Tired-ST-SOC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:52 am

Got my rejection as well, 1% below cutoff score. A section had no listed weaknesses but scored 4.8.

Does anyone know when the seals of excellence come out and when/how we are notified? I'm still in the run for another postdoc (national one) and we have to upload our seals of excellence into their system before late April - thanks!

CAR-LIF

Post by CAR-LIF » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:55 am

Tired-ST-SOC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:52 am
Got my rejection as well, 1% below cutoff score. A section had no listed weaknesses but scored 4.8.

Does anyone know when the seals of excellence come out and when/how we are notified? I'm still in the run for another postdoc (national one) and we have to upload our seals of excellence into their system before late April - thanks!
I got my SoE last year by beginning April. They do not let you know though, at some point they just upload it in the portal, so you will have to check from end march I guess... Sorry about that

Tired-ST-SOC

Post by Tired-ST-SOC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:00 am

CAR-LIF wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:55 am
Tired-ST-SOC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:52 am

I got my SoE last year by beginning April. They do not let you know though, at some point they just upload it in the portal, so you will have to check from end march I guess... Sorry about that
Thank you, that's very useful! I'll just set a reminder in my calendar, then.
Big hugs to everyone - hope you all find another great postdoc soon!

Little_Venice

Post by Little_Venice » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:01 am

I've been there. But take comfort in the fact that the system is flawed and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of applicants in this position. I was you last year - right at the cutoff, reserve list, with a couple of random reviewer comments (that I did not take onboard with the successful application this year).
Fu Manchu wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:41 am
I scored 88.2 in CAR (cut was 90) - 4.2/4.9/4.2.

I had a section with no weakness with 4.9.

One comment about my Gannt Chart it is just ridiculous.

I also had one comment about the transfer of knowledge saying that I will only make seminars. I put even the name of the modules that I will teach in the proposal, for example, and they just ignored. The feeling is terrible.
Last edited by Little_Venice on Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tuhina

Post by Tuhina » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:14 am

Received the rejection letter one hour ago. From SE panel.

I do not know if I will apply again.

This is for the future SE applicants, some industry does avoid to give the 'EXACT' details of methodologies to be applied in the project. So make sure that your host organization is describing the methodologies step by step and very clearly and not just 'in generally'.

Also, do not think that one should be in the back seat because of their CV. If you are eligible as an applicant then that would be enough. I do not have that much publication record but still I got very good comments from the reviewers. Since I have just completed my PhD, they have considered me as an young researcher with compliments.

Good luck to everyone!

NoMoreABD

Post by NoMoreABD » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 am

Hi all,
Just received my rejection email (Dream Team were accurate).
CAR with 77 score.
Excellence 4.2/5
Impact 2.5/5
Implementation 5/5
Some of the comments seem reasonable and some too vague. But a couple of comments seem to reflect the reviewers didn't read the proposal at all! As they refer to missing things that are explicitly there. That part is very frustrating.
Also I find it strange that my Implementation was perfect but Impact so low. These things are a bit related.

With this result I would seriously consider applying next year, but unfortunately my life circumstances don't really allow for moving (I am currently in host institution/country, I just made the cut in terms of eligibility this year). We'll see... Maybe I'll move with my family within Europe... :-)

Good luck to everyone in whatever you end up doing!

HQA_MSCA

Post by HQA_MSCA » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 am

Rejected with 78.

Excellence 3.2
Impact 5.0
Implementation 4.0

Already have the Evaluation Form. I thought that the evaluation would be ridiculous and not justified, but after reading it I think the evaluators have made their point and almost everything is correct and makes sense. I will apply again trying to fortify those points.

See you in one year and thanks to the Dreamer team.

NoMoreABD

Post by NoMoreABD » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:46 am

NoMoreABD wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 am
Hi all,
Just received my rejection email (Dream Team were accurate).
CAR with 77 score.
Excellence 4.2/5
Impact 2.5/5
Implementation 5/5
Some of the comments seem reasonable and some too vague. But a couple of comments seem to reflect the reviewers didn't read the proposal at all! As they refer to missing things that are explicitly there. That part is very frustrating.
Also I find it strange that my Implementation was perfect but Impact so low. These things are a bit related.

With this result I would seriously consider applying next year, but unfortunately my life circumstances don't really allow for moving (I am currently in host institution/country, I just made the cut in terms of eligibility this year). We'll see... Maybe I'll move with my family within Europe... :-)

Good luck to everyone in whatever you end up doing!
Well... I just re-read all the comments, and it's such a positive description of my proposal! So much so, to the point that some weaknesses described are actually directly contradicting the strengths described in the very same section. Frustrating :-(

Research-enthu

Post by Research-enthu » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 am

Tuhina wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:14 am
Received the rejection letter one hour ago. From SE panel.

I do not know if I will apply again.

This is for the future SE applicants, some industry does avoid to give the 'EXACT' details of methodologies to be applied in the project. So make sure that your host organization is describing the methodologies step by step and very clearly and not just 'in generally'.

Also, do not think that one should be in the back seat because of their CV. If you are eligible as an applicant then that would be enough. I do not have that much publication record but still I got very good comments from the reviewers. Since I have just completed my PhD, they have considered me as an young researcher with compliments.

Good luck to everyone!
I agree with the last point. I have recently completed my PhD, and had only 2 first author publications during submission. I also dreaded that the reviewers might have commented on the track record or my capabilities as researcher. Someone told my host supervisor before application that the CV of candidate is modest in terms of publications without any significant citations or high impact and I was very tense about that aspect. I have received no comments on my CV or publications. But again the opinions of different reviewers might differ in this aspect.