2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

AnnaMC

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by AnnaMC » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:23 pm

Still submission! :? I really felt (hoped??) that we would receive the results next week, but since some applicants were contacted for ethical issues and have two full weeks to come back with their responses, it is now most likely that we will receive the results on the 8th or 9th of February. Boooo :(

MSCA_ENG20

Post by MSCA_ENG20 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:25 pm

AnnaMC wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:23 pm
Still submission! :? I really felt (hoped??) that we would receive the results next week, but since some applicants were contacted for ethical issues and have two full weeks to come back with their responses, it is now most likely that we will receive the results on the 8th or 9th of February. Boooo :(
Yeah, I'm convinced of that too now...

AndyC

Post by AndyC » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:37 pm

MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:25 pm
AnnaMC wrote:
Yeah, I'm convinced of that too now...
It's not that bad! It means that we need to listen to this only 14 times and the results are gonna be released !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EErY75MXYXI
Btw... the song represents my state of mind as well... :shock: :lol:

Chuen13

Post by Chuen13 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 pm

Diatosystem wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:51 pm
Chuen13 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm
Hi everyone! My status changed to Evaluation (0%) last week...and today is just the same, no changes...
In the follow-up portal?
Thanks! With "the link" I can see that it's still submission 😬

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 pm

Now, regarding who has early access to the list of MSCA recipients, I don't think that anybody can provide a definite answer to this, i.e. with 100% certainty. Do the NCPs get the list beforehand? If so (since this appears to be the case given last year's experience), when? How many days before the official results? Are they forbidden or not to share the info with the applicants? On the basis of what agreement? What about personal data? Can the NCPs share the WHOLE list as happened last year? Should they just notify individual applicants upon request? Are there common rules among the different NCPs? Are the hosts notified beforehand, either officially or unofficially? If so, when? The fact that there are no straightforward answers to these questions is very telling about the transparency of the whole process. And that's an issue by and in itself. Besides, it is a fact that MAJOR leaks have occurred in the past due to the broken link. And the EC never really (completely) fixed this, leaving a window open for us to check the (internal) progress of the process, i.e. the transition from evaluation to ranking. Of course, it is amusing to a certain extent, it keeps us busy and that's quite important given the stress of everybody. But... there is a but. That's my two cents.

Diatosystem

Post by Diatosystem » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:40 pm

AnnaMC wrote:
Mine still in submission too...I didn't get they have started to change the status :(

Diatosystem

Post by Diatosystem » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Chuen13 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 pm
Diatosystem wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:51 pm
Chuen13 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm
Hi everyone! My status changed to Evaluation (0%) last week...and today is just the same, no changes...
In the follow-up portal?
Thanks! With "the link" I can see that it's still submission 😬
Wait... submission or evaluation? :ugeek:

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:58 pm

AnnaMC wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 pm
Now, regarding who has early access to the list of MSCA recipients, I don't think that anybody can provide a definite answer to this, i.e. with 100% certainty. Do the NCPs get the list beforehand? If so (since this appears to be the case given last year's experience), when? How many days before the official results? Are they forbidden or not to share the info with the applicants? On the basis of what agreement? What about personal data? Can the NCPs share the WHOLE list as happened last year? Should they just notify individual applicants upon request? Are there common rules among the different NCPs? Are the hosts notified beforehand, either officially or unofficially? If so, when? The fact that there are no straightforward answers to these questions is very telling about the transparency of the whole process. And that's an issue by and in itself. Besides, it is a fact that MAJOR leaks have occurred in the past due to the broken link. And the EC never really (completely) fixed this, leaving a window open for us to check the (internal) progress of the process, i.e. the transition from evaluation to ranking. Of course, it is amusing to a certain extent, it keeps us busy and that's quite important given the stress of everybody. But... there is a but. That's my two cents.
But the results from Dreamer were just from project ID, not by name, right? (Dreamer, is this so - it's what I remember.) That would mean that there is just a spreadsheet that they send out that probably just allows them to be ready to answer questions about how many projects are on a waiting list below the funding cutoff or something. So this wouldn't involve any personal data.

From what I know of the previous emails I have received from the EC, both my supervisor and the designated administrative contact at my host institution got the same email at the same time as me. And I am at a host with a well-established infrastructure for MSCA IF, and they certainly do not have any information before the candidates. This is something I am certain of in this case at least.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Something that we have not talked about is how hard it has been for lots of journals to find reviewers in the pandemic and the workload that a lot of parents, in particular, have been facing. I'm sure that there must be plenty of MSCA reviewers who have children and found it hard to do reviews, and probably EC staff as well. Not to mention the fact that people will have been going out on sick leave with Covid and/or the need to quarantine. So if we are to logically evaluate the information available to us, we should probably assume that the results are unlikely to come out early.

Diatosystem

Post by Diatosystem » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:03 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:00 pm
Something that we have not talked about is how hard it has been for lots of journals to find reviewers in the pandemic and the workload that a lot of parents, in particular, have been facing. I'm sure that there must be plenty of MSCA reviewers who have children and found it hard to do reviews, and probably EC staff as well. Not to mention the fact that people will have been going out on sick leave with Covid and/or the need to quarantine. So if we are to logically evaluate the information available to us, we should probably assume that the results are unlikely to come out early.
Also, don't forget the 17% proposal increase of this year...