2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Diatosystem

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by Diatosystem » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:31 pm
Dear friends, one girl received ethical issues. So we are at least two weeks far from the results.
And yes for sure those who received ethical issues will got it!!!!
But what do ethical issues exactly mean?

I mean, I have described the potential ethical issues associated to my proposal. Even though, should I receive any notification about? Or this concerns only those who haven't specified it?

IFCAR-2020

Post by IFCAR-2020 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Diatosystem wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm
Dreamer wrote:
Dear friends, one girl received ethical issues. So we are at least two weeks far from the results.

I mean, I have described the potential ethical issues associated to my proposal. Even though, should I receive any notification about? Or this concerns only those who haven't specified it?
The person that has been asked to address ethical issues has written in FB that they are requiring additional info about ethical aspects of the proposal.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Diatosystem wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

Here is a document with lots of info about the ethics assessment: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/fi ... 2017_2.pdf

It looks like this has multiple stages and "assessment" in certain cases can go into the stage of grant preparation (if you look at the timeline on pp. 9). These issues are likely very specific to different types of proposals. I identified ethics issues, but they were straightforward and I would be surprised if the steps that I put into the proposal in the ethics assessment were not sufficient to deal with them.

Amar

Post by Amar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:07 pm

ECM wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:14 pm
LIF20 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:54 pm
Steminist wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:36 pm
Guys! I have a question. I just saw from FB that one person was connected for ethical issues and she asked to complete in next two weeks. So it's not possible to receive the results before that time, nope?
Interesting. I had an email with an ethics enquiry in mid december with only 2 days to reply. Is this the second phase of ethics review for well-scored proposals? or was the earlier email just relating to some ethics screening which all proposals undergo? I took mine to be a good sign at the time but now I'm not so sure....
Hello LIF20, just quick question.
When you disbale or use the secret link, what is your phase now? submission or evaluation?

If you recieved the ethical issue clarification, then I think you already got it..!
LIF20, are you there?

Diatosystem

Post by Diatosystem » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:52 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm
Diatosystem wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

Here is a document with lots of info about the ethics assessment: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/fi ... 2017_2.pdf

It looks like this has multiple stages and "assessment" in certain cases can go into the stage of grant preparation (if you look at the timeline on pp. 9). These issues are likely very specific to different types of proposals. I identified ethics issues, but they were straightforward and I would be surprised if the steps that I put into the proposal in the ethics assessment were not sufficient to deal with them.
Thanks! Very clear and precise explanation!

SER0

Post by SER0 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:01 pm

In advance your host will come to know if you get the fellowship.
Diatosystem wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:52 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm
Diatosystem wrote:

Thanks! Very clear and precise explanation!

LIF20

Post by LIF20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:44 pm

ECM, status is still submission. I’m sure it will be for a while yet.
My ethical query was because I made a silly mistake and referenced a type of experiment in my ethical declaration which I had removed from the proposal but would have required specific ethical clearance. I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t been contacted, it probably just means you didn’t screw up. As for whether this means anything wrt success I am not counting on anything. We all have the exact same probability at the moment..

SER0

Post by SER0 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 pm

Enjoy this week and on Monday contact your host.
LIF20 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:44 pm
My ethical query was because I made a silly mistake and referenced a type of experiment in my ethical declaration which I had removed from the proposal but would have required specific ethical clearance. I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t been contacted, it probably just means you didn’t screw up. As for whether this means anything wrt success I am not counting on anything. We all have the exact same probability at the moment..

MSCA_ENG20

Post by MSCA_ENG20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:18 pm

SER0 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 pm
LIF20 wrote:
SER0, you seem to be sure that the host is notified before the candidate.
From what I understood from previous calls, only the NCPs get the list a few days in advance (so Monday would still be too early), and are normally forbidden to leak any information before the official announcement is made (very very few exceptions do leak information though).
Can someone else confirm this?

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:35 pm

MSCA_ENG20 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:18 pm
SER0 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 pm
LIF20 wrote:
SER0, you seem to be sure that the host is notified before the candidate.
From what I understood from previous calls, only the NCPs get the list a few days in advance (so Monday would still be too early), and are normally forbidden to leak any information before the official announcement is made (very very few exceptions do leak information though).
Can someone else confirm this?
My understanding from my host (where they have had plenty of success with MSCA) is that they find out on the same day as the candidate.