2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

IFCAR-2020

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by IFCAR-2020 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:51 am

lifmc2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:20 am
SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:49 am
I think you should sleep well as waking up at midnight will not change anything. Already the reviewers gave you the scores. It will reach you in February and don't wait before that. Because you are not asking your host then February you will get the email with congratulations or ...
SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 am
Did i tell you to harass your host? In case your host really wants you and cares then bu a simple email will share with you the updates. At least will tell you that you are or not in list.

???? I have been sleeping. I posted in the morning in Europe... my point is everyone in this forum is saying the host doesn't know first so I don't get why you keep insisting. also at my host the people managing grants asked me to include them as a contact person when I wrote the application so they would know the result right away and not have to wait to be told after. this implies that the host organisation knows nothing, otherwise they would be able to tell the grant management team themselves before anyone told me anything.
Just a question. Have you previously been granted with a MSCA-EF? It so, did you receive the result from your host before receiving the congratulations mail? Or are you talking about the MSCA of the friend of a friend?. I know the host receive the result the same day that the candidate and then they start to prepare the grant, not before. So, just for curiosity, from where did you obtain such informatión?
Last edited by IFCAR-2020 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

IFCAR-2020

Post by IFCAR-2020 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 am

SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:38 am
I agree with you to all applications. They know the successful candidates before the candidates come to know. The fellowship will not transfer the funding immediately to the host university. The university needs to submit a grantee. This grantee varies by number of successful candidates.
lifmc2020 wrote:
SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:49 am
I think you should sleep well as waking up at midnight will not change anything. Already the reviewers gave you the scores. It will reach you in February and don't wait before that. Because you are not asking your host then February you will get the email with congratulations or ...

???? I have been sleeping. I posted in the morning in Europe... my point is everyone in this forum is saying the host doesn't know first so I don't get why you keep insisting. also at my host the people managing grants asked me to include them as a contact person when I wrote the application so they would know the result right away and not have to wait to be told after. this implies that the host organisation knows nothing, otherwise they would be able to tell the grant management team themselves before anyone told me anything.
Just a question. Have you previously been granted with a MSCA-EF? It so, did you receive the result from your host before receiving the congratulations mail? Or are you talking about the MSCA of the friend of a friend?. I know the host receive the result the same day that the candidate and then they start to prepare the grant, not before. So, just for curiosity, from where did you obtain such informatión?

EnvS

Post by EnvS » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am

Hi all, the host and applicant will receive the result on the same date. I have got 90 above for the past two earlier applications, as many of you said, luck is the deciding factor at certain point. I hope this time, I would receive congratulations email.

SER0

Post by SER0 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 am

My host told me wait for the good news and today I got to clear the concerns about the ethical issues. Although, it was explained in the proposal but they added few more questions regarding the answers I gave in proposal.
IFCAR-2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 am
SER0 wrote:
I agree with you to all applications. They know the successful candidates before the candidates come to know. The fellowship will not transfer the funding immediately to the host university. The university needs to submit a grantee. This grantee varies by number of successful candidates.
lifmc2020 wrote:

SER0

Post by SER0 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:20 am

It 95% the hardworking and 5% luck. Sometimes the later one works.
SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 am
My host told me wait for the good news and today I got to clear the concerns about the ethical issues. Although, it was explained in the proposal but they added few more questions regarding the answers I gave in proposal.
IFCAR-2020 wrote:
SER0 wrote:

ECM

Post by ECM » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 am

SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:20 am
It 95% the hardworking and 5% luck. Sometimes the later one works.
SER0 wrote:
IFCAR-2020 wrote:

Is your status still in submission after removing styles?

However, didn't you say you hear from a reviewer that you didn't get it previously?

Anyhow, Congratulations in advance for the good news.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 am

SER0 wrote:
IFCAR-2020 wrote:
SER0 wrote:

A few days ago you said "Anyways I somehow came to know that I didn't get the fellowship." Now you're saying that you did get it? And you know that ahead of anyone else. Really, what's your deal?

SER0

Post by SER0 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:48 am

I didn't get the previous news from my host and today I got everything with the knowledge of host. This is something clear and official. Previously a Professor told me prepare for 2021 as he knows that the reviewer didn't gave you good score. I wrote a paper with that Professor and Professor was in the panel for many years but this year left.
trina_80 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 am
SER0 wrote:
IFCAR-2020 wrote:

A few days ago you said "Anyways I somehow came to know that I didn't get the fellowship." Now you're saying that you did get it? And you know that ahead of anyone else. Really, what's your deal?

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:54 am

SER0 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:48 am
I didn't get the previous news from my host and today I got everything with the knowledge of host. This is something clear and official. Previously a Professor told me prepare for 2021 as he knows that the reviewer didn't gave you good score. I wrote a paper with that Professor and Professor was in the panel for many years but this year left.
trina_80 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 am
SER0 wrote:

Right.

Elke

Post by Elke » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Wow congrats SER0!!!

Can you check your status in the "magic" link?

What kind of ethical questions do they ask? Do you guys know what % of forum folks who got it last year was asked for ethical details before the results were announced?