Still in EVALUATION

Jojo
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:20 am

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by Jojo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:01 am

Jojo wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:27 pm
Hi All, I’m SOC and also in evaluation I made the reserve list last year with 90. Something. I realise competition gets harder each year but the marking criteria don’t change so surely that just means the funding cut off would go up? not your score would go down? I just don’t see how the same project can go down over 20 points. This was my 4th and last submission. Wishing you all the best in your future submissions
I got my rejection letter today. My score went from 90 last year to 66.4 this year. The reviewers just hated everything about it. This is my 4th attempt and every other time previously where I’ve taken into account reviewers feedback my score has gone up. Pretty disappointing.

MG2021
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:22 am

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by MG2021 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:28 am

I got my results and I have to say that the quality of the report is extremely low (read "garbage"). Two takeaways for future researchers who plan to apply. The reviewers are not necessarily specialists in your field. I am not even sure they are academics. Maybe should not be surprised given the level of compensation they receive. The second take away is that they take into account your annual productivity since PhD in their assessment. That must be part of their manual. Obviously, they have no idea about the quality of your research output (see takeaway 1), so they just count. It means that someone who does not have "enough" publications is going to be heavily discounted.

Congrats to those who were funded. Good luck to everyone in your research!

CAR-LIF
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by CAR-LIF » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am

Just for the records.
We were three people (as far as I remember, ECM, Zzz and me) in evaluation since beginning of January, way before status started to change.
In my case I haven't even been evaluated. They consider my proposal inelegible because count my contract as interim assistant professor as a research activity (within the last 18 months 9 has been an assistant professor) this position is a pure teaching position so do not fully understand how that can be part of my research activity.

Anyway, just to let you know for future participants, being in evaluation for a long period means something with the application went wrong.

Irene_21
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by Irene_21 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:48 am

MG2021 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:28 am
I got my results and I have to say that the quality of the report is extremely low (read "garbage"). Two takeaways for future researchers who plan to apply. The reviewers are not necessarily specialists in your field. I am not even sure they are academics. Maybe should not be surprised given the level of compensation they receive. The second take away is that they take into account your annual productivity since PhD in their assessment. That must be part of their manual. Obviously, they have no idea about the quality of your research output (see takeaway 1), so they just count. It means that someone who does not have "enough" publications is going to be heavily discounted.

Congrats to those who were funded. Good luck to everyone in your research!
Yes, for me also comments are general and score is lowest in my life! Also where i thought strong points: Actuality, Impact and Scheme of Project relasisation was extremaly critiqued...so evaluators just hated my project...:-(

kkk
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by kkk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am

CAR-LIF wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am
Just for the records.
We were three people (as far as I remember, ECM, Zzz and me) in evaluation since beginning of January, way before status started to change.
In my case I haven't even been evaluated. They consider my proposal inelegible because count my contract as interim assistant professor as a research activity (within the last 18 months 9 has been an assistant professor) this position is a pure teaching position so do not fully understand how that can be part of my research activity.

Anyway, just to let you know for future participants, being in evaluation for a long period means something with the application went wrong.
Same for me CAR-LIF, my proposal wasn't evaluated.
Also, as a heads up, I submitted an IT query/issue just after deadline, which they are supposed to respond to within 30 days. They never did. This is all a joke to be honest.

CAR-LIF
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by CAR-LIF » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am

kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am
CAR-LIF wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am
Just for the records.
We were three people (as far as I remember, ECM, Zzz and me) in evaluation since beginning of January, way before status started to change.
In my case I haven't even been evaluated. They consider my proposal inelegible because count my contract as interim assistant professor as a research activity (within the last 18 months 9 has been an assistant professor) this position is a pure teaching position so do not fully understand how that can be part of my research activity.

Anyway, just to let you know for future participants, being in evaluation for a long period means something with the application went wrong.
Same for me CAR-LIF, my proposal wasn't evaluated.
Also, as a heads up, I submitted an IT query/issue just after deadline, which they are supposed to respond to within 30 days. They never did. This is all a joke to be honest.
May I ask why? Did you have an elegibility issue?

Sorry about that, is very unnecessary to wait that long and receive such a letter...

PetetheCat
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:04 am

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm

kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am
CAR-LIF wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am
Just for the records.
We were three people (as far as I remember, ECM, Zzz and me) in evaluation since beginning of January, way before status started to change.
In my case I haven't even been evaluated. They consider my proposal inelegible because count my contract as interim assistant professor as a research activity (within the last 18 months 9 has been an assistant professor) this position is a pure teaching position so do not fully understand how that can be part of my research activity.

Anyway, just to let you know for future participants, being in evaluation for a long period means something with the application went wrong.
Same for me CAR-LIF, my proposal wasn't evaluated.
Also, as a heads up, I submitted an IT query/issue just after deadline, which they are supposed to respond to within 30 days. They never did. This is all a joke to be honest.
Ugh, that's awful. I think we all thought you got to hear early on that this was the case. I'm so sorry.

kkk
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by kkk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm
kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am
CAR-LIF wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am
Just for the records.
We were three people (as far as I remember, ECM, Zzz and me) in evaluation since beginning of January, way before status started to change.
In my case I haven't even been evaluated. They consider my proposal inelegible because count my contract as interim assistant professor as a research activity (within the last 18 months 9 has been an assistant professor) this position is a pure teaching position so do not fully understand how that can be part of my research activity.

Anyway, just to let you know for future participants, being in evaluation for a long period means something with the application went wrong.
Same for me CAR-LIF, my proposal wasn't evaluated.
Also, as a heads up, I submitted an IT query/issue just after deadline, which they are supposed to respond to within 30 days. They never did. This is all a joke to be honest.
Ugh, that's awful. I think we all thought you got to hear early on that this was the case. I'm so sorry.
Thanks PetetheCat! It seems that you are not informed earlier at all if your proposal is deemed ineligible/inadmissible.
I had a problem with submission and ended up with no support letter for GF, hence inadmissible submission.
It's funny how they let people amend proposals after deadline when you don't follow guidelines for formatting, but submitting a letter which you can prove you had at the time of the submission, is a no no...

PetetheCat
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:04 am

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:22 pm

kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm
kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am


Same for me CAR-LIF, my proposal wasn't evaluated.
Also, as a heads up, I submitted an IT query/issue just after deadline, which they are supposed to respond to within 30 days. They never did. This is all a joke to be honest.
Ugh, that's awful. I think we all thought you got to hear early on that this was the case. I'm so sorry.
Thanks PetetheCat! It seems that you are not informed earlier at all if your proposal is deemed ineligible/inadmissible.
I had a problem with submission and ended up with no support letter for GF, hence inadmissible submission.
It's funny how they let people amend proposals after deadline when you don't follow guidelines for formatting, but submitting a letter which you can prove you had at the time of the submission, is a no no...
Oh that's awful! I can see how you would be upset. The irony is heavy given how they then mishandled the rollout of rejections . . .

CAR-LIF
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Re: Still in EVALUATION

Post by CAR-LIF » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:49 pm

kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm
kkk wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am


Same for me CAR-LIF, my proposal wasn't evaluated.
Also, as a heads up, I submitted an IT query/issue just after deadline, which they are supposed to respond to within 30 days. They never did. This is all a joke to be honest.
Ugh, that's awful. I think we all thought you got to hear early on that this was the case. I'm so sorry.
Thanks PetetheCat! It seems that you are not informed earlier at all if your proposal is deemed ineligible/inadmissible.
I had a problem with submission and ended up with no support letter for GF, hence inadmissible submission.
It's funny how they let people amend proposals after deadline when you don't follow guidelines for formatting, but submitting a letter which you can prove you had at the time of the submission, is a no no...
I'm really sorry to hear that, shouldn't work this way....
I will appeal anyway, we will see the final outcome....

Post Reply