HORIZON EUROPE 2021 IF REAPPLYING APPLICANTS

alozzup

Re: HORIZON EUROPE 2021 IF REAPPLYING APPLICANTS

Post by alozzup » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Hi everyone, here we are again. I'm already tired of my proposal :roll:

I was wondering if in the new proposal you will include some parts written last year. I'm reworking the proposal obviously, but there are some things I'd like to keep, but not sure it's a good idea.
Are you starting from scratch?

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 pm

I have actually started from scratch. I don’t know if its a good idea or not but some of the new ideas were difficult to match with existing text...

Justt

Post by Justt » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi everyone, good to be here!
I'm planning to resubmit my application but will appreciate if anyone could assist me here, especially with the implementation section.

The two weaknesses pointed out by reviewers are:
  • 1 The workplan does not meet the requirements of the project undermining its effectiveness.
  • 2 The proposal fails to provide sufficient information regarding the number of planned and requested person-months in relation to the proposed activities, and where provided they are inappropriate.
I really need someone to assist me with the highlighted area. Are there templates for the workplan and how does one calculate number of planned and requested person-months? I'm really surprised by the 'requirements' and 'inappropriate' comments if there are no templates to comply with.

Thank you

Pikatsu

Post by Pikatsu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:26 am

Hello!! I am also re-applying this year. A quetsion. Do we have to say that this is a re-submission or not? (is it obligatory?)

Justt

Post by Justt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:53 am

Pikatsu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:26 am
Hello!! I am also re-applying this year. A quetsion. Do we have to say that this is a re-submission or not? (is it obligatory?)
I was also considering this question. Well, I don't think the declaration is compulsory but expected; so, it is advised you state it.
What happens if the Commission finds out one way or the other that your proposal was actually a re-submission?

Justt

Post by Justt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:58 am

I was expecting the forum to be more active than this!
Are you guys that busy with your proposal or just 'hibernating' :lol: '?

Justt

Post by Justt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 am

Pikatsu wrote:
I just found this, "Proposals are only considered as re-submissions if the Supervisor, Researcher and Host Organisation are the same as in the previously submitted proposal".

With this, I guess I will find a new host

Pikatsu

Post by Pikatsu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:15 am

Justt wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:53 am
Pikatsu wrote:
I was also considering this question. Well, I don't think the declaration is compulsory but expected; so, it is advised you state it.
What happens if the Commission finds out one way or the other that your proposal was actually a re-submission?
Exactly my point.They that it is compulsory and mainly for your protection. But what happend if I don't?I guess that I will ask the Uniersity to advice me whether I should state it or not. Do you know if the reviewers are more strict with re-submissions?

Justt

Post by Justt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Pikatsu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:15 am
Justt wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:53 am
Pikatsu wrote:
Exactly my point.They that it is compulsory and mainly for your protection. But what happend if I don't?I guess that I will ask the Uniersity to advice me whether I should state it or not. Do you know if the reviewers are more strict with re-submissions?
Obviously, reviewers will be biased since the comments on the previous proposal will be made available to them if re-submission is indicated.

iteration

Post by iteration » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Not how it works.
Comments are shown to reviewers only AFTER they have made a decision, and if the score is lower than the previous submission.
Previous scores do not influence reviewers.