HORIZON EUROPE 2021 IF REAPPLYING APPLICANTS

cbmoura

Re: HORIZON EUROPE 2021 IF REAPPLYING APPLICANTS

Post by cbmoura » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 pm

malva wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 am
hello, is there anyone from education science who wants to resubmit?
Good Morning! I am from Science Education and most likely a reapplicant this year.

Wanted to share with you this seminar about the new Horizon programme. It seems that some conditions for MSCA postdoc are going to change.
https://mediaspace.illinois.edu/media/t ... B8Agy21I4Q

Two important changes: restrict reapplications for those who didn't reach the threshold in previous years (as for 2022); restrict the program to early career applicants (max. 8y of PhD)

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:34 pm

cbmoura wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 pm
malva wrote:
Good Morning! I am from Science Education and most likely a reapplicant this year.

Wanted to share with you this seminar about the new Horizon programme. It seems that some conditions for MSCA postdoc are going to change.

Two important changes: restrict reapplications for those who didn't reach the threshold in previous years (as for 2022); restrict the program to early career applicants (max. 8y of PhD)
I dug into these conditions and I found more detail somewhere:
- it is max eight years in a research position. NOT eight years since your PhD (this one is for sure).
- if years were spent outside the EU they do not count in the total. I only read this in one place, but it would make sense if they are prioritizing reintegration still.

This last point will be crucial for me in determining eligibility. They will also put limits on previous scores for resubmissions, but I read this won’t be until 2022.

The info is mostly in a slide or two you can find online, so I think we have to wait for the call to be published to know the conditions.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:38 pm

This is the clearest explanation of the new conditions I found: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/host ... s-interest

cbmoura

Post by cbmoura » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:40 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:34 pm
cbmoura wrote:
malva wrote:

- it is max eight years in a research position. NOT eight years since your PhD (this one is for sure).
- if years were spent outside the EU they do not count in the total. I only read this in one place, but it would make sense if they are prioritizing reintegration still.

This last point will be crucial for me in determining eligibility. They will also put limits on previous scores for resubmissions, but I read this won’t be until 2022.

The info is mostly in a slide or two you can find online, so I think we have to wait for the call to be published to know the conditions.
Yes, PetetheCat, you are right. Also, I ended up simplifying the very information on these slides... We must wait. About the score for re-submission, it is said in this seminar that it is as for 2022. It makes sense as in 2021 it will begin a new funding program under EU. It would be unfair (in my view) because this condition was not present in the last calls.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:03 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:32 am
Maybe I'm in. The idea is growing on me . . .
You made my day with this post, PetetheCat. I really enjoyed reading your posts for the past few months and you're definitely one of my favorite people here. Actually, I don't believe I rooted more for anyone to get the fellowship this year – ok, except for me. :D I was really disappointed to find out you didn't get it and I was particularly saddened to see you lose your good spirits.

I received shitty, inconsistent reviews myself. Bottom line, my proposal was exceptional, but at the same time it wasn't. So I completely understand how you feel. But my gut tells me that you’re one of those people who are really passionate about doing research. And they’re so rare. Unfortunately, even amongst those who did get the fellowship.

So I am happy to see you getting hopeful again and maybe next year we’ll both celebrate a better outcome.

malva

Post by malva » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:34 pm

cbmoura wrote:
malva wrote:

Thank you! I will watch the seminar. I received a rejection letter today, the score is really low. Do you think I can be eligible to reapply if I change the topic a bit and improve the project? Or should I change really everything and start from the beginning?

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:54 pm

I asume some of you also wonder… there Will be a CAR panel again in Horizon Europe? It seems to me from those presentations they want to merge all panels into one, as they barely mention CAR panel (from a quick view). I imagine we´ll have to wait to know!

112_MC

Post by 112_MC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I am quite frustrated as I have got a rejection with a score of 94 :(....I am trying to be positive and make a plan though. However, I have understood only reading this forum that from next year, you cannot apply if you have more than 8 years of post doc. I will reach 8 years of postdoc in July 2021.....

I am trying to figure out if it would still be possible for me to re-apply in 2021, I am on the edge. Any insightful suggestions by chance??????

112_MC

Post by 112_MC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:27 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
cbmoura wrote:
malva wrote:

Just read this...so IT IS ONLY NO MORE THAN 8 YEARS IN THE SAME POSITION, if I understood well!?

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:30 pm

112_MC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:27 pm
PetetheCat wrote:
cbmoura wrote:

Just read this...so IT IS ONLY NO MORE THAN 8 YEARS IN THE SAME POSITION, if I understood well!?
If you look at the Helsinki link I posted somewhere earlier it says no more than eight years in a "research position," (post-PhD), but that these don't count if they are outside the EU. I think this is to try and encourage reintegration without necessarily having the reintegration panel.