Part-time MSCA

Gyttha

Part-time MSCA

Post by Gyttha » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience on how to implement a reduced hours contract for the MSCA? I was just awarded one (yay!), and I want to work less than full time. I know this is possible, but it is unclear to me how the practicalities work. There does not seem to be an option to specify this in the GAP..? Someone any idea?

Thanks!

iteration

Re: Part-time MSCA

Post by iteration » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:28 am

Very interested about this, especially because they explicitly prohibit starting a company if full time..

Gyttha

Post by Gyttha » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:50 am

Well since there's an interested party, I'll report what I found out. Part time is possible for professional or family reasons. If for professional, you have to keep detailed an exact time sheets. I don't know more details about that side because for me it's family reasons.

I was referred to this: annotated model grant agreement. The section for individual fellowships starts on page 476 and the part-time arrangements are explained from page 485.
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... mga_en.pdf

In terms of practicalities, you go through the grant agreement protocol as if you're doing full time and then afterwards you apply with your host to the REA to amend the contract to part time. This I got from the contact person at the research office in my host institution, so that'd be the first person I'd ask for details if you want to know more. If they don't know, you can ask your project contact via the portal.

Hope this helps!

iteration

Post by iteration » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:54 am

Thanks Gyttha, this is info is gold!
Congratulations and best of luck!
Cheers