MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

scholar

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by scholar » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi, thanks for your response.
I was told that since I was awarded the fellowship through the Seal of Excellence program at my host university I cannot postpone the start date, which the university has determined to be Dec 31, 2021.

sunset wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:20 pm
scholar wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:27 pm
Hi,

Has anyone tried to postpone the start date of their IF? I need to postpone the start date until June 30, 2022 but my host university (in Italy) told me the latest I can start the fellowship is Dec 31, 2021, even though I read online that it's possible to postpone the start date because of COVID:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... eriod=null

Thank you!
Hi,
my host institution is in Italy too. I will start in September 2022, because this is when I will finish the contract that I have currently.
When signing the agreement you should choose between three options:
- start as soon as possible
- start at a time to be decided later at most one year after the signature
- start at a fixed date, not later than September 1st 2022

I do not know what happens if you already chosen and you want to change but in principle it is for sure possible to start later than Dec 31, 2021.
I hope this can be helpful.

sunset

Post by sunset » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:15 pm

I see. If it is the university that gives the funds I suppose the rules maybe different.

Post by 2021 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:46 pm

Any one of you have received any news regarding reserve list? I guess at least 38 candidates from reserve list have been called.

moedimani1

Post by moedimani1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:21 pm

I haven't heard anything yet (3rd on reserve list for CAR)

Post by 2021 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 pm

There are only about 200 candidates in reserve list 38 has been awarded.
https://www.net4mobilityplus.eu/fileadm ... F-2020.pdf

iteration

Post by iteration » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:33 pm

Hey with all those 2nd places in reserve list still no news?

Wolvy_18

Post by Wolvy_18 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Hi. Ijust got an email from my host professor in Spain that my MSCA proposal from the previous call (which has an SOE) has been pre-selected by the Spansh government. Does anybody have any experience with these? Does this mean that the proposal will be funded or will the proposal go through another round of scrutiny?

iteration

Post by iteration » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:34 am

Wolvy_18 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:15 pm
Hi. Ijust got an email from my host professor in Spain that my MSCA proposal from the previous call (which has an SOE) has been pre-selected by the Spansh government. Does anybody have any experience with these? Does this mean that the proposal will be funded or will the proposal go through another round of scrutiny?
The state and university sponsored support for seal of excellence is separate from the MSCA call.
There are different rules/kind of support depending on each university. Ask your host what are the condiditons.

Wolvy_18

Post by Wolvy_18 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:50 am

Hi everyone. My host professor in Spain recently told me that my MSCA proposal from last year will be funded through some new government funding scheme. Since this is a new funding scheme, he is not entirely sure about the conditions of the fellowship yet. He however says that the fellowship will be equivalent to the ones that are provided by the spanish government (~2000 euros per month after taxes including health benefits/maybe more/maybe less). Since I plan to move with my family and one year old child, I am wondering if the remuneration provided is sufficient to support a small family? My wife is presently not working. She just completed her PhD, and so we are also wondering if its better for her to find a position too anytime soon- if the remuneration is not sufficient enough? Additionally, would anyone know what could be the average rent for a one bedroom apartment for family be? Any comments, opinions or additional inputs welcome. Thanks. :)

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:14 am

Wolvy_18 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:50 am
Hi everyone. My host professor in Spain recently told me that my MSCA proposal from last year will be funded through some new government funding scheme. Since this is a new funding scheme, he is not entirely sure about the conditions of the fellowship yet. He however says that the fellowship will be equivalent to the ones that are provided by the spanish government (~2000 euros per month after taxes including health benefits/maybe more/maybe less). Since I plan to move with my family and one year old child, I am wondering if the remuneration provided is sufficient to support a small family? My wife is presently not working. She just completed her PhD, and so we are also wondering if its better for her to find a position too anytime soon- if the remuneration is not sufficient enough? Additionally, would anyone know what could be the average rent for a one bedroom apartment for family be? Any comments, opinions or additional inputs welcome. Thanks. :)
Hi!! I am from Spain and the first thing I have to say is that I am really surprised about those €2,000 after taxes. In my experience, that's a very weird amount for a postdoc (it is usually lower, so I’d be very careful checking the conditions). If it is enough or not, it all depends on the city. Madrid and Barcelona are usually the most expensive, so 2000 a month for the three of you in the city center will be quite hard (rental can cut your cash to half for just one bedroom), so I’d look for accomodation outside and I’d compute by train/bus. You can PM me if you want and I can give you more insights about the city, university and so on. Happy to help! :)