Wolvy_18

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by Wolvy_18 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi.. I PM'd you..
Esbesp wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:14 am
Wolvy_18 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:50 am
Hi everyone. My host professor in Spain recently told me that my MSCA proposal from last year will be funded through some new government funding scheme. Since this is a new funding scheme, he is not entirely sure about the conditions of the fellowship yet. He however says that the fellowship will be equivalent to the ones that are provided by the spanish government (~2000 euros per month after taxes including health benefits/maybe more/maybe less). Since I plan to move with my family and one year old child, I am wondering if the remuneration provided is sufficient to support a small family? My wife is presently not working. She just completed her PhD, and so we are also wondering if its better for her to find a position too anytime soon- if the remuneration is not sufficient enough? Additionally, would anyone know what could be the average rent for a one bedroom apartment for family be? Any comments, opinions or additional inputs welcome. Thanks. :)
Hi!! I am from Spain and the first thing I have to say is that I am really surprised about those €2,000 after taxes. In my experience, that's a very weird amount for a postdoc (it is usually lower, so I’d be very careful checking the conditions). If it is enough or not, it all depends on the city. Madrid and Barcelona are usually the most expensive, so 2000 a month for the three of you in the city center will be quite hard (rental can cut your cash to half for just one bedroom), so I’d look for accomodation outside and I’d compute by train/bus. You can PM me if you want and I can give you more insights about the city, university and so on. Happy to help! :)

Post by 2021 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:08 am

Any chance for waitlisted candidates??

moedimani1

Post by moedimani1 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:49 pm

News anybody?

iteration

Post by iteration » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:33 pm

Still waiting, will likely resubmit in the meantime..
Do anyone know if this invalidates the previous submission? As far as I know it shouldn't.. but I will ask my NCP for confirmation.

mscaif2021

Post by mscaif2021 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:46 am

iteration wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:33 pm
Still waiting, will likely resubmit in the meantime..
Do anyone know if this invalidates the previous submission? As far as I know it shouldn't.. but I will ask my NCP for confirmation.
Still no news for me, My NCP (France) confirmed earlier on that we keep our place in the reserve list even if we re-submit

iteration

Post by iteration » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am

That's good.
Still it would be great to get a definitive answer before the Oct 12 submission deadline.

Post by 2021 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Can You suggest? How it is called resubmission when format is completely changed?

Simply same "Supervisor" and "Candidate" make it resubmission.

mscaif2021

Post by mscaif2021 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:11 pm

2021 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:08 pm
Can You suggest? How it is called resubmission when format is completely changed?

Simply same "Supervisor" and "Candidate" make it resubmission.
My NCP informed me that if the host institutes and the main project ideas are the same as previously, then it counts as a resubmission. I will need to substitute the supervisor for the european host (I am re-applying for a GF), and the NCP said that it should still count as a re-submission.

Bolsi-ENV

Post by Bolsi-ENV » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm

iteration wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am
That's good.
Still it would be great to get a definitive answer before the Oct 12 submission deadline.
Last year I was also in the reserve list and re-submitted, did not hear a final decision until a week before the results of the re-submission ( 27 Jan)
The mail title said REJECTION with the acronym of the proposal so I thought it was referring to the re-submission - these days you are waiting for that... So after suffering a heart attack, I just realised that the number proposal corresponded to the one in the reserve list and I got the hope back, bit only for a week when I finally saw I was in the reserve list again :roll:

iteration

Post by iteration » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:22 am

Bolsi-ENV wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm
iteration wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am
That's good.
Last year I was also in the reserve list and re-submitted, did not hear a final decision until a week before the results of the re-submission ( 27 Jan)
The mail title said REJECTION with the acronym of the proposal so I thought it was referring to the re-submission - these days you are waiting for that... So after suffering a heart attack, I just realised that the number proposal corresponded to the one in the reserve list and I got the hope back, bit only for a week when I finally saw I was in the reserve list again :roll:
Wow! What was your previous position in the reserve list las year, and what is your current position?