MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

iteration
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:00 am

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by iteration » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:46 pm

MSCA-IF wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:19 pm
10000790 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:52 pm
MSCA-IF wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:24 pm


I assume they were included in that.
But Two important thing this year 1. CoViD and 2. H2020 lasts this year. May be more funds!!!!!
I dont see how COVID will influence anything, there will be more funds but its not so much, at the end of FP7 the remaining funds were distributed across all call so in the end when looking at the numbers not so more were funded at the end of FP7 from what I can see.
Well COVID might have ended a few global fellowships prematurely due to travel and visa restrictions. I know you can suspend it, but maybe some did find a different opportunity in the meantime. What happens to those funds?
Is any statistic available about previous years reserve list success, particularly for global panels?

MSCA-IF
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by MSCA-IF » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:26 pm

iteration wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:46 pm
MSCA-IF wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:19 pm
10000790 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:52 pm


But Two important thing this year 1. CoViD and 2. H2020 lasts this year. May be more funds!!!!!
I dont see how COVID will influence anything, there will be more funds but its not so much, at the end of FP7 the remaining funds were distributed across all call so in the end when looking at the numbers not so more were funded at the end of FP7 from what I can see.
Well COVID might have ended a few global fellowships prematurely due to travel and visa restrictions. I know you can suspend it, but maybe some did find a different opportunity in the meantime. What happens to those funds?
Is any statistic available about previous years reserve list success, particularly for global panels?
I guess the NCPs would know better, I had one 2015, was 2nd on list and got email in July. Also terminated early as I was unable to go to Europe for return phase, dont know how many do that or where that particular money goes then.

iteration
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:00 am

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by iteration » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:25 pm

MSCA-IF wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:26 pm
iteration wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:46 pm
MSCA-IF wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:19 pm


I dont see how COVID will influence anything, there will be more funds but its not so much, at the end of FP7 the remaining funds were distributed across all call so in the end when looking at the numbers not so more were funded at the end of FP7 from what I can see.
Well COVID might have ended a few global fellowships prematurely due to travel and visa restrictions. I know you can suspend it, but maybe some did find a different opportunity in the meantime. What happens to those funds?
Is any statistic available about previous years reserve list success, particularly for global panels?
I guess the NCPs would know better, I had one 2015, was 2nd on list and got email in July. Also terminated early as I was unable to go to Europe for return phase, dont know how many do that or where that particular money goes then.
My NCP is helpful but a bit reluctant to share information.
That's encouraging. Let's see what happens!

jdm
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 am

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by jdm » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 pm

:)
Last edited by jdm on Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdm
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 am

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by jdm » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Thank you for sharing the story! And congratulations! It is still not very clear how the available funding is eventually distributed among the panels. I am on the reserve list in the GF-ECO panel; this year EC funded 4 projects (out of 16 passing the threshold), mine is the 5th (easy to deduct by some simple math). Naturally, it is very unlikely that one out of the four funded projects would drop out. Or is there a common reserve list for all GF panels? In that case, how the obtained score can be comparable (from the percentile table it is obvious that the threshold scores for each panel is different)? The MSCA office of the HI does not have any information about the ranking of my proposal (they told me they were waiting to receive such info). In the meantime, should I contact somebody else to have such info? Thanks!
MSCA-IF-RI-LIF-2020 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:24 am
jdm wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:23 pm
Hello!

I would be interested as well to receive such information, as I am just trying to have a realistic idea of what it means to be on the reserve list.
It is my third time applying for MSCA GF, and I am on the reserve list.

To those who have experience or knowledge about the past MSCA proposals,

1) what is the percentage of proposals that get placed on the reserve list? My rough estimate would be 5%, but I might be wrong.

2) and from those on the reserve list what is the percentage on average that eventually receives a positive outcome? Is it more like 10% or 50%?

3) On the EU website I only found information that it can take up to one year to receive the final decision. From your experience, what could be the time frame for receiving the news?

Thank you in advance!
I was on the reserve list for GF in (2015 call where the GF-LIF rose like 3/4 points; ever other year is ~90 but my luck it was 93.8 my year). Anyway got an email that July to start Grant agreement. Was totally alarmed didnt know what it mean etc, you dont get any real communication, just some random automated email to start GAP.

I was 2nd on the list, prob depends panel to panel but for GF you need to be top 1 or 2 otherwise is unlikely. For ST-LIF where there are 1000s applicants maybe top 8-10 is ok.

2021
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 am

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by 2021 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 am

Any information about how the drop out/available funding is distributed among reserve list?

RI-12 in Reserve list has any hope?

moedimani1
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by moedimani1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:32 am

I would suggest to contact your NCP. The HI usually never gets much information.
jdm wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 pm
Thank you for sharing the story! And congratulations! It is still not very clear how the available funding is eventually distributed among the panels. I am on the reserve list in the GF-ECO panel; this year EC funded 4 projects (out of 16 passing the threshold), mine is the 5th (easy to deduct by some simple math). Naturally, it is very unlikely that one out of the four funded projects would drop out. Or is there a common reserve list for all GF panels? In that case, how the obtained score can be comparable (from the percentile table it is obvious that the threshold scores for each panel is different)? The MSCA office of the HI does not have any information about the ranking of my proposal (they told me they were waiting to receive such info). In the meantime, should I contact somebody else to have such info? Thanks!

MSCA-IF
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by MSCA-IF » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm

2021 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 am
Any information about how the drop out/available funding is distributed among reserve list?

RI-12 in Reserve list has any hope?
Are you sure you are 12-someone else on previous page is also 12?!

2021
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 am

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by 2021 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm

MSCA-IF wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm
2021 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 am
Any information about how the drop out/available funding is distributed among reserve list?

RI-12 in Reserve list has any hope?
Are you sure you are 12-someone else on previous page is also 12?!
10000790 , Its me only but lost the password

MSCA-IF
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by MSCA-IF » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:24 pm

MSCA-IF wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm
2021 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 am
Any information about how the drop out/available funding is distributed among reserve list?

RI-12 in Reserve list has any hope?
Are you sure you are 12-someone else on previous page is also 12?!
Oh ha, good-thats all we need-2 people with same ranking. I know its not what you want to hear but my experience is that it is very unlikely. I know people and myself have been funded from reserve lists before but have never heard of anyone >5 on the list being funded.

How about other people?

Post Reply