Awardees with more than one MSCA

asiool

Awardees with more than one MSCA

Post by asiool » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:24 am

Hi everyone,
I am currently the MSCA IF and I am considering to apply for the MSCA GF in the next call. I was wondering if in this forum are awardees who were received the MSCA multiple times? I would like to ask you few questions. For instance, how have you approach and explain your rationale for your second application? Have you stated clearly that you already had another MSCA or it was something which was "hided" between the lines of your application?

moedimani1

Re: Awardees with more than one MSCA

Post by moedimani1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 am

Hi, I had two: call 2010 (but I refused it for another, three-year fellowship) and 2014. I applied also in 2020 and am now third on the waiting list. I didn't put much weight on my previous MSCA, just noted them in my CV and, where adequate, also in the proposal ("experience partially gained during MSCA#2 should be deepen" or similar). Hope that helps.

asiool

Post by asiool » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:34 am

Thanks for sharing your experience! Could you, please, tell me how different was the main topics of your proposal? I always wonder how diferent the proposals should be. I am not telling about drafting the proposal around exactly the same topic but I mean that you are always somhow limited by your background and expertise (for instance, being an engineer you unlikely go and apply for some novel topic in humanities for your second MSCA).

moedimani1

Post by moedimani1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:52 am

Hi, the first (prehistory) was completely different from the other two (chemistry/material science). The last one (binary alloy relevant for archaeology)
and the current one (ternary, not relevant for archaeology) use almost the same analytical methods; the third though builds on the second.

asiool

Post by asiool » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:44 pm

wow moedimani1! I am actually very impressed how you are able to switch between different disciplines!