Deadline foreseen for the signature of the grant agreement

pulcino

Deadline foreseen for the signature of the grant agreement

Post by pulcino » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Hi everyone,
I see online that the "Deadline foreseen for the signature of the grant agreement" of my IF was March 22nd. Did your proposal reach this step yet? And if yes, where can you see if the signature was done? My understanding is that my proposal has not been through this yet.
Thank you very much to anyone that can share some info regarding this!

Dodo

Re: Deadline foreseen for the signature of the grant agreement

Post by Dodo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:59 am

Hi pulcino

First the legal representative of your host organization (LEAR) needs to sign the GA online (usually before 22/03).

Then the REA will do the same (they have until 22/05).

After both parties have signed the status change.

Hope this clarifies.

A.

pulcino

Post by pulcino » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi Dodo,
thanks for the clarification. FYI, I got the signature request today and I know that the host signed the document at least 6 weeks ago. So if anyone else is in the same situation, it might be simply b/c the EU is a bit slower than the hosts.
Cheers

vrcota

Post by vrcota » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Hello Pulcino.

Did you have to sign the GA too? I thought it was signed only by REA and the host, not the fellow. I thought you only signed with your host institution a few weeks before you start.

Honestly, these steps are not completely clear to me. I found it all a bit confusing. I am not complaining, just stating my perception...

Thanks

Dodo

Post by Dodo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am

pulcino wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 pm
Hi Dodo,
thanks for the clarification. FYI, I got the signature request today and I know that the host signed the document at least 6 weeks ago. So if anyone else is in the same situation, it might be simply b/c the EU is a bit slower than the hosts.
Cheers
Hi Pulcio,

I find it strange that you received a notification for signature if your host has already signed the document 6 weeks ago. For me the status changed quickly upon signing the GA to notification of the starting date.

Normally you should be able to see who needs to sign the document (under brackets) on the project portal. Does it still require the signature from the host ? What does it say ?

The Dodo.

pulcino

Post by pulcino » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:48 pm

I guess they signed a pre-agreement, and sign the formal agreement now. But I recall as soon as the proposal was recommended for funding, my host representative had to sign another document.

I did not sign any agreement, but I received an email in cc stating that they were waiting for the host signature. My initial email was written b/c the deadline suggeste in the EU portal for this step was March 22nd, so I was wondering if this delay was "normal".

Cheers,

pulcino

Post by pulcino » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:51 pm

vrcota wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm
Hello Pulcino.

Did you have to sign the GA too? I thought it was signed only by REA and the host, not the fellow. I thought you only signed with your host institution a few weeks before you start.

Honestly, these steps are not completely clear to me. I found it all a bit confusing. I am not complaining, just stating my perception...

Thanks
I found it very confusing too, honestly. After going through some of these steps I wonder why we are even involved as fellows, it is all in the hands of the host and the only "role" you can play is reminding them to sign/complete their tasks. I guess they don't feel the need to put out a guide for "proposal recommended but not funded yet", but that would definitely help.