2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

alozzup

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by alozzup » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:21 pm

I find myself in a difficult position. The main output of my project is a monograph but my supervisor disagrees and they want me to write a couple of articles instead (I already have a couple of articles planned in my outreach plan). I don't want to go against them but I'd like to keep my output as it is, especially because I already have an editor interested. What's your thought on this? What would you do?

liukank

Post by liukank » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:05 am

Why is your supervisor disagreeing? Is it because he/she thinks it's not feasible? If it is so you should consider maybe writing just one article and keeping your monograph. This happened with me, my supervisor though that it was just too much to write two articles, do everything I wanted to do in terms of research and dissemination AND writing a book. I think a book can be way more relevant for your future career than another article, so maybe consider reducing your work plan to fit in your book.

liukank

Post by liukank » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:07 am

Fu Manchu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:41 am
alozzup wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:01 pm
I was also wondering if it's just MSCA-PF-2021 and find it strange there's no need for the project acronym anymore.

For those of you reapplying: are you keeping parts of the old proposal? I scored 4 in Impact and I'm keeping most of the plan I wrote in the old proposal, but the more I read the template the more it seems to be so different from the previous call. How are you approaching resubmission?
I scored 4.2, 4.9 and 4.2. So yes, especially in impact, I am keeping a lot of things. But I am trying to improve everything. And now there are new templates as well. So there is even more room for changes and improvements.

Lets hope for the best.
How is it possible that you scored that high and didn't get the fellowship??? :shock: :shock: I think I am gonna faint... :? :?

iteration

Post by iteration » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:20 am

liukank wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:07 am
Fu Manchu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:41 am
alozzup wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:01 pm
I was also wondering if it's just MSCA-PF-2021 and find it strange there's no need for the project acronym anymore.

For those of you reapplying: are you keeping parts of the old proposal? I scored 4 in Impact and I'm keeping most of the plan I wrote in the old proposal, but the more I read the template the more it seems to be so different from the previous call. How are you approaching resubmission?
I scored 4.2, 4.9 and 4.2. So yes, especially in impact, I am keeping a lot of things. But I am trying to improve everything. And now there are new templates as well. So there is even more room for changes and improvements.

Lets hope for the best.
How is it possible that you scored that high and didn't get the fellowship??? :shock: :shock: I think I am gonna faint... :? :?

I scored 4.8,4.8 and 3.8 .. still waiting in reserve list :roll:

112_MC

Post by 112_MC » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for the last min post/ question but I have recently noticed that the deadline for the Marie Curie Fellowship this year is in October and I have decided to re-apply really last minute. I have draft of the project but I know there is a new rule about the 8 years since the PhD.

I have got my PhD 8 years ago (so I suppose that is fine… I suppose the 8th year is included). I am not sure if they are counting also the months though. It would be 8 years and a few months… Does anyone here know?

From what I have understood, apart from this new rule, the scheme (template, etc) seems to be the same of the previous year, am I wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

112_MC

Post by 112_MC » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:08 pm

I have read the breaks from research are not counted so I should be fine actually :)

alozzup

Post by alozzup » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm

liukank wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:05 am
Why is your supervisor disagreeing? Is it because he/she thinks it's not feasible?
Exactly. They think it's too ambitious and not feasible in 2 years. But I have already part of the data I need, plus I don't feel like applying with articles as an output is ambitious enough for a MSCA. Don't want to go against the supervisor though, so I'm really torn and feel like I should make a decision now, the deadline is right around the corner!

112_MC

Post by 112_MC » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Does anyone know about whether or not to have been working remotely for several months (due to Covid) will be considered for the mobility? Is it possible to justify that We have got stuck more than we should have in a given County ?

Cheers,

mscaasdfg

Post by mscaasdfg » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi all, I am stuck at the very beginning of the application form. There are three options to choose from for what my role is: Supervisor (main contact person), Contact person, Researcher. I am a researcher (a postdoc) and not a supervisor (which presumably is the potential boss from the host institution), but also I thought for this application the researcher/postdoc is the main contact person submitting the application. So what's this about, what should I select?

Also, any tips on the scope of the proposal, how ambitious it should be? For example, in terms of the number of publications (published articles) for a STEM project what are their expectations? (It would be lovely to know upfront if I should even bother.)

Also, do you write part B by writing "I plan to... I published..." or "Candidate plans to... Candidate published..."?

Pikatsu

Post by Pikatsu » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 am

Hello to all!
Has anyone tried yet to submit the proposal?After validation a weird message appeared saying "Eligibility warnings
Proposals with an additional placement period in the non-academic sector require 1 Associated Partner organisation located in a Member State or Associated Country."
The thing is that I will not have an additional placement period in the non-academic sector. I never included something like that in my proposal. Also, I experienced a lot of technical problems. Anyone else with the same experience??