2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Lottery Holder

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Lottery Holder » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:50 pm

liukank wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:02 pm
Lottery Holder wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:09 pm
Does anyone encounter the problem of system failure when Clicking the "edit forms" button?
As list below,

An error has occurred while processing your request, please try again
ERROR: Form not processed due to: 202110021153009 T_UNKOWN_ERROR.

Cheers.

YESS!! Is happening with me right now!! I left a lot on information out because there are some things that my host should answer and when I came back today it was like this. Could it be a general system error? I will wait for Monday and see if it's working again, otherwise will just delete the application and start all over again.
Actually, I tried to create a new draft. However, I can not access my proposal now... Wish everything goes right on next Monday.

re88

Post by re88 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:30 pm

Hi all,
I got some questions about the part B1 formatting. Silly ones but sensibly change the available space!

Instructions say "The page size is A4, and all margins (top, bottom, left, right) should be at least 15 mm (not including any footers or headers)." Does that mean that the footer can stay below the 15mm margin line or has to stay above and take more space? Same with header.

Similarly, do we have to keep the "EU Grants: Application form (HE MSCA PF): V1.0 – 18.06.2021 "header line? I was thinking of deleting or at least placing it in line with the call identifier to save space.

In general I don't understand how much of the template is mandatory in addition to the instructions in the text.

Soc2020

Post by Soc2020 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:42 pm

re88 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:30 pm
Hi all,
I got some questions about the part B1 formatting. Silly ones but sensibly change the available space!

Instructions say "The page size is A4, and all margins (top, bottom, left, right) should be at least 15 mm (not including any footers or headers)." Does that mean that the footer can stay below the 15mm margin line or has to stay above and take more space? Same with header.

Similarly, do we have to keep the "EU Grants: Application form (HE MSCA PF): V1.0 – 18.06.2021 "header line? I was thinking of deleting or at least placing it in line with the call identifier to save space.

In general I don't understand how much of the template is mandatory in addition to the instructions in the text.
My NCP is very detailed if it comes to following the template. I didnt have original header and they told me to insert the one from the template so I would say that keeping as close as possible to the template is required. Hope it helps! But I indeed placed it in the same like with call identifier. My NCP havent seen it yet.

Soc2020

Post by Soc2020 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:52 pm

I am wondering what you more or less put in Open Science practices. This is new, I read the guidelines but still I am puzzled a bit here. Do you describe it as a separate subsection or do you involve practices into methodology description. Do you relate them to the objectives of the project?

Also, I have a question about the strategy for the management of intellectual property. In my case I do not produce anything that will be patented etc and this would regard only the publications. Licenses are owned by the host institution. How do you tackle it. What do you write there?

Thanks a lot! :?

Syc2021

Post by Syc2021 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am

Dear all,

in the new MSCA B1 template some of the predefined headings for the different sections are overly long, with some parts even in parentheses. Since most headings come without parentheses, I was wondering whether it is possible to erase the parts in parentheses from those predefined headlines that have them.
Here is such an example:

"1.2. Soundness of the proposed methodology (including interdisciplinary approaches, consideration of the gender dimension and other diversity aspects if relevant for the research project, and the quality of open science practices, including sharing and management of research outputs and engagement of citizens, civil society and end users, where appropriate)"

Thanks a lot :roll:

Ciba

Post by Ciba » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Syc2021 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am
Dear all,

in the new MSCA B1 template some of the predefined headings for the different sections are overly long, with some parts even in parentheses. Since most headings come without parentheses, I was wondering whether it is possible to erase the parts in parentheses from those predefined headlines that have them.
Here is such an example:

"1.2. Soundness of the proposed methodology (including interdisciplinary approaches, consideration of the gender dimension and other diversity aspects if relevant for the research project, and the quality of open science practices, including sharing and management of research outputs and engagement of citizens, civil society and end users, where appropriate)"

Thanks a lot :roll:

I just did that. I assumed it was OK. :?

mscaasdfg

Post by mscaasdfg » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 pm

How does one justify that there is no gender dimension for topics in fundamental physics? Like, it seems self-evident that studying particle collisions has nothing to do with gender, so what is one supposed to write there to justify it?

mscaif2021

Post by mscaif2021 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:21 pm

has someone seen any publication on the earliest start date if the proposal is successful? I have only seen April 2022, but still TBC, here: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecuri ... ships-2021

mscaasdfg

Post by mscaasdfg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 pm

Are you providing letters of committment for associated partners for secondment?

Ciba

Post by Ciba » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:28 pm

mscaasdfg wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 pm
Are you providing letters of committment for associated partners for secondment?
The template says "Note that the expert evaluators will be instructed to disregard the contribution of any associated partners for which no such evidence of commitment is submitted. " and "For GF proposals, and for all proposals requesting a non-academic placement, the absence of a letter of commitment will render the proposal inadmissible and the proposal will not be evaluated."

Sounds to me like GF/non-academic placement: you are kicked out without one and are not evaluated
Secondments: they pretend that you are not doing a secondment but still evaluate. I could be wrong - but if you can get one I think it would be better and it definitely would not be to your disadvantage..