2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

alozzup

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by alozzup » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:56 am

sparklemoon wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 am

Isn't it asking about the applicant's previous publications and projects? That was my interpretation anyway.
The wording of the questions are very ambiguous, and they don't mention anything about the projects being from the supervisor. So, my assumption is that they are talking about your own previous projects here.
I wouldn't think so, because part B1 is all about the applicant so any relevant project you would add it there or on your CV.

Aquiles

Post by Aquiles » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:27 am

Hi,

Stupid question, but can we remove "EU Grants: Application form (HE MSCA PF): V1.0 – 18.06.2021"?

The instructions are so detailed in some regards and so ambiguous in others, not to talk that the template does not follow the font size guidelines, margins, etc. :roll:

das

Post by das » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:14 am

Hi all,

we got an Eligibility warning upon submission:

''Proposals with an additional placement period in the non-academic sector require 1 Associated Partner organization located in a Member State or Associated Country''

We do not have any non-academic placement (EU fellowship). Do you know what this is about? Something general? Thank you!

Wolvy_18

Post by Wolvy_18 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:44 am

das wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:14 am
Hi all,

''Proposals with an additional placement period in the non-academic sector require 1 Associated Partner organization located in a Member State or Associated Country''

We do not have any non-academic placement (EU fellowship). Do you know what this is about? Something general? Thank you!
Yes, I got the same warning. I too have no additional placements in a non-academic sector. I have ignored this warning as of now, but I am not sure if this needs to be ignored. Wondering if others have encountered this issue.

iteration

Post by iteration » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Wolvy_18 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:44 am
das wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:14 am
Hi all,

Yes, I got the same warning. I too have no additional placements in a non-academic sector. I have ignored this warning as of now, but I am not sure if this needs to be ignored. Wondering if others have encountered this issue.
It appears even if you submit for global and have a placement.
I have been told by the univerisity that it is a bug of the system and not to worry about it.

alozzup

Post by alozzup » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Last minute panic! When in part b-2 it says the table should only be 1 page max for the beneficiary, does it mean the whole thing? Including supervisor's profile and other projects?

magene

Post by magene » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:13 pm

alozzup wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 pm
Last minute panic! When in part b-2 it says the table should only be 1 page max for the beneficiary, does it mean the whole thing? Including supervisor's profile and other projects?
In a word, YES. The whole table has to fit in 1 page. There's space for projects in part A - participants as well.

magene

Post by magene » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:16 pm

I get the same warning as above regarding associated partner. A general alert has gone out to research offices.

I also get a similar error (applying to GF) about the third country associated partner.. Is this just me or are other GF applicants getting this too?

liukank

Post by liukank » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:26 am

magene wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:16 pm
I get the same warning as above regarding associated partner. A general alert has gone out to research offices.

I also get a similar error (applying to GF) about the third country associated partner.. Is this just me or are other GF applicants getting this too?
Same here with GF, so it's definitely a bug or something. Or just a general reminder to everyone.

liukank

Post by liukank » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:45 am

sparklemoon wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 am
liukank wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:41 pm
fantonel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:01 pm
Thank you Justt! That's very useful. And do you know what exactly "relevant to the call content" means? I should indicate, for instance, my supervisor's publications/achievements in my field, or something more broadly connected to Horizon Europe? I am asking because I may not have enough detailed information on my host's involvement in HE, so in that case I would have to call the administration tomorrow morning. On the contrary, if they are asking for my supervisor's achievements in my field (and not in HE in general), I can do it myself.

Sorry for replying with another question. And thank you again!

You have to give information about anything relevant produced by your supervisor or members of the team and/or department, that can be related to your project. For instance, you should list publications or projects that have something to do with your field or can have relationship with the specific thematic of your project. What they want to know is if there is production related to your project in your future environment that justify your choice for going there (things that you probably mentioned in your project but, well, this application is known to be sometimes redundant)
Isn't it asking about the applicant's previous publications and projects? That was my interpretation anyway.
The wording of the questions are very ambiguous, and they don't mention anything about the projects being from the supervisor. So, my assumption is that they are talking about your own previous projects here.
i saw the instructions in one of the UK's NCP webinars. It is specific about your host department and supervisor.