2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

dw2022

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by dw2022 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:08 pm

alozzup wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:48 pm
We could argue that everything is politics (political scientist here!) but still, not funding an individual for their nationality because of something they are not guilt of is absolutely insane. We don't choose where we are born and most of the times we don't choose our country's leaders either! The international situation is really worrying and I find speculating about the MSCA's results a distraction from everything that is happening so please let's keep this discussion alive ;)

That being said, going back to the proposal, I deleted the parenthesis in the subheadings :mrgreen: I had included a table in the first draft but the NCP reviewer suggested me to delete it so I only have one figure: the (very much hated) gantt chart!
a quick question: do you think the Russian invasion consequences mainly from the geopolitics?
The geopolitical reason seems to be mentioned most often, but what about other (hidden/fundamental) reasons that goind beyond this, for example, allies from democratic countries vs. dictator evils.

plasmonics

Post by plasmonics » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:15 pm

dw2022 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:08 pm
alozzup wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:48 pm
We could argue that everything is politics (political scientist here!) but still, not funding an individual for their nationality because of something they are not guilt of is absolutely insane. We don't choose where we are born and most of the times we don't choose our country's leaders either! The international situation is really worrying and I find speculating about the MSCA's results a distraction from everything that is happening so please let's keep this discussion alive ;)

That being said, going back to the proposal, I deleted the parenthesis in the subheadings :mrgreen: I had included a table in the first draft but the NCP reviewer suggested me to delete it so I only have one figure: the (very much hated) gantt chart!
a quick question: do you think the Russian invasion consequences mainly from the geopolitics?
The geopolitical reason seems to be mentioned most often, but what about other (hidden/fundamental) reasons that goind beyond this, for example, allies from democratic countries vs. dictator evils.
cosmological dualism is a disaster to deal with international relationship. There is no such thing like Good vs Evil for politics but it is really easy to raise people emotion, right?.

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:22 pm

https://sciencebusiness.net/news/eu-sus ... n-partners

The European Commission has suspended payments to Russian institutions involved in EU-funded research and innovation projects.

“I have asked my services to suspend any payment to Russian entities under existing contracts,” EU commissioner for research and innovation Mariya Gabriel said in a statement on Wednesday.

In addition, the EU will not launch any new cooperation projects with Russian universities, research institutes and companies.

“I have therefore decided to suspend the preparations of grant agreements for four projects under Horizon Europe programme that involve five Russian research organisations,” said Gabriel. “Signing of any new contracts will be put on hold until further notice.”

Oh dear...

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:33 pm

AnotherCandidate wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:52 pm
CatTaotao wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:47 pm
So ridiculous. Does this means if a Russian apply this fellowship, his/her application will be canceled directly
I don't know (nobody knows actually, the sanctions where announced but were not applied yet). But those who applied for a GF in Russia might be concerned, but I think they will be asked to change the lab if possible if they received the grant (I hope so at least).
I think it is not about nationality, seems like from the announcement, further grant agreements will not be done with Russian institutions.. So no more GF with Russia..

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:33 pm

Fu Manchu wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:22 pm
https://sciencebusiness.net/news/eu-sus ... n-partners

The European Commission has suspended payments to Russian institutions involved in EU-funded research and innovation projects.

“I have asked my services to suspend any payment to Russian entities under existing contracts,” EU commissioner for research and innovation Mariya Gabriel said in a statement on Wednesday.

In addition, the EU will not launch any new cooperation projects with Russian universities, research institutes and companies.

“I have therefore decided to suspend the preparations of grant agreements for four projects under Horizon Europe programme that involve five Russian research organisations,” said Gabriel. “Signing of any new contracts will be put on hold until further notice.”

Oh dear...
Oh dear, we have a Trump situation.

alherpo

Post by alherpo » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:41 pm

Answer from the Spanish NCP:

"Como NCP no se dispone de información previa, la misma llega a los miembros del Comité de Programa (como es mi caso) con cierta anterioridad, pero es totalmente confidencial.

Indicarte que los resultados están previstos, tal y como nos ha indicado la CE, para el próximo 14 de marzo, esa es la fecha tentativa."

TRANSLATION
NCPs do not have previous information about the results, that piece of information goes to the members of the program committee (like is my case) with certain anticipation, but it is totally confidential.

Results are due to, according to the EC, on March 14th, that's the tentative date.
Last edited by alherpo on Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msca_wait

Post by msca_wait » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:45 pm

alherpo wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:41 pm

"Como NCP no se dispone de información previa, la misma llega a los miembros del Comité de Programa (como es mi caso) con cierta anterioridad, pero es totalmente confidencial.

Indicarte que los resultados están previstos, tal y como nos ha indicado la CE, para el próximo 14 de marzo, esa es la fecha tentativa."

TRANSLATION
CNPs do not have previous information about the results, that information goes to the members of the program committee (like is my case) with certain anticipation, but it is totally confidential.

Results are due to, according to the EC, on March 14th, that's the tentative date.
I hope this is not true xD Do people remember what was the equivalent to the March 14 date last year (the date that appeared in the follow-up Informed field)? Just to see if we really should expect the results on that date, or if we can still be hopeful xd

Research-enthu

Post by Research-enthu » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:54 pm

msca_wait wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:45 pm
alherpo wrote:

TRANSLATION
CNPs do not have previous information about the results, that information goes to the members of the program committee (like is my case) with certain anticipation, but it is totally confidential.

I hope this is not true xD Do people remember what was the equivalent to the March 14 date last year (the date that appeared in the follow-up Informed field)? Just to see if we really should expect the results on that date, or if we can still be hopeful xd
It was 8/9th February. They had said 8th I think. They sent acceptances on 8th and rejections on 9th

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:58 pm

Research-enthu wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:54 pm
msca_wait wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:45 pm
alherpo wrote:

TRANSLATION

It was 8/9th February. They had said 8th I think. They sent acceptances on 8th and rejections on 9th
It was 9th on follow-up page. Someone got the result already on 5th from their host and Dreamer got the list at 6th.

CatTaotao

Post by CatTaotao » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:58 pm

Then, there might be another term of phases changing...