2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

fourtimesfailedmsca

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by fourtimesfailedmsca » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:28 pm

Thank you for your replies..I just wanted to find an excuse to justify I am in Evaluation..I worked so hard on this proposal (we all have, i know)...and I am in Evaluation as the previous year..

I have tried so many times..55..56..75..66..and now Evaluation again...I was hoping at least to be over 70..Maybe it is time to accept It. Thank you for the group therapy!

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:37 pm

fourtimesfailedmsca wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:28 pm
Thank you for your replies..I just wanted to find an excuse to justify I am in Evaluation..I worked so hard on this proposal (we all have, i know)...and I am in Evaluation as the previous year..

I have tried so many times..55..56..75..66..and now Evaluation again...I was hoping at least to be over 70..Maybe it is time to accept It. Thank you for the group therapy!
OMG, what an adventure! Did anyone ever help you with your application? What panel are you applying for?

Justt

Post by Justt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:38 pm

Those who requested for additional placement, were you able to get any letter of support from your placement organization? I also requested for six months placement but wasn't able to get letter of support! Well, I do not expect to get less than 5 for the section :mrgreen: I'm already in ranking

Justt

Post by Justt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:43 pm

I guess MSCA could be really frustrating!
Apart from luck, which seems to play a significant role in winning the grant, one may also be very unlucky with reviewers (maybe that is part of the luck) because if he wasn't assisted by his/her supervisor, I know suggested corrections by reviewers must have been effected in subsequent submissions.

Anyway, if you still eligible, don't give up
anonymous_insider wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:37 pm
fourtimesfailedmsca wrote:

OMG, what an adventure! Did anyone ever help you with your application? What panel are you applying for?

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:52 pm

sparklingabc wrote:
It seems that the support for applicants varies hugely depending on the host university and supervisor. I was reading this thread, and there were some people who said that they even received samples of previous applications! Lucky people!! Some had received feedback on their drafts and suggestions for improvement. On the other hand, others had been left completely to their own devices with no feedback or support.
Indeed! I had a super cool supervisor in the Netherlands, but the host was terrible with the feedback. It was my first application and I scored 74.something.

Last year, my second attempt, I also had a super cool supervisor (I was lucky with that my whole life) and feedback from the host of a different country. I scored 88.2, but I believe it could be higher if had better reviewers - they took points from one or two ridiculous things and from a thing that literally was in the project.

Anyway, my advice: if you dont have a good supervisor and a good host, change them. This process is already too damn difficult. You dont have to - and probably cant - deal with it without the proper guidance.

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:57 pm

Fu Manchu wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:52 pm
sparklingabc wrote:
It seems that the support for applicants varies hugely depending on the host university and supervisor. I was reading this thread, and there were some people who said that they even received samples of previous applications! Lucky people!! Some had received feedback on their drafts and suggestions for improvement. On the other hand, others had been left completely to their own devices with no feedback or support.
Anyway, my advice: if you dont have a good supervisor and a good host, change them. This process is already too damn difficult. You dont have to - and probably cant - deal with it without the proper guidance.
Indeed. And poor guidance or complete lack of guidance are, to me, red flags that should make you question whether you really want to invest such an important fellowship with them (supervisor, institution). Although supportive supervisors or institutions do not necessarily guarantee that you will spend a satisfactory fellowship with them...

alozzup

Post by alozzup » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:58 pm

Fu Manchu wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:52 pm
I 100% agree. Last year I scored 76 or 78, and I was entirely on my own. No support whatsoever from supervisor or host institution. It might be too soon to talk since I don't know this year's results, but the process was much less stressful because this time I got feedback from my supervisor and some support from my host institution. Dealing with this entirely on your own it's really stressful (especially when it's your first time).

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:58 pm

EC NOTIFICATION ALERT

Guys! I just realized that for the past three calls, they announced the results on a Tuesday! :o :shock:

Have a good evening/night

fourtimesfailedmsca

Post by fourtimesfailedmsca » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:59 pm

I had help from two winners last year who read my proposal and made me suggestions. My supervisor was super cool in the drafting. I paid a profesional service to review english and I also had the letters signed for the placement as I have started long time ago to prepare the proposal. I know we have a great idea so I will try again on other grants...No more MSCA for me because of the restriction...
My panel is ENG.

PS.My family and Friends do not want me to Talk any more about MSCA with them, cannot stand It anymore, so thank you for the group. It is invaluable to feel you listened by someone and your information.

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:01 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:58 pm
EC NOTIFICATION ALERT

Guys! I just realized that for the past three calls, they announced the results on a Tuesday! :o :shock:

Have a good evening/night