2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

fourtimesfailedmsca

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by fourtimesfailedmsca » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:32 am

It is working properly from Italy

Fuglen_49

Post by Fuglen_49 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:35 am

On another matter. Maybe an info I should have shared before : according to the info I got, it's unlikely we'll have the results bf the deadline. Because of Brexit, they need to ensure that all applicants who get the fellowship in UK have the right to work there. That can take some times. So get some rest, do some work and self care, and stop driving yourself crazy.
You are all going to be ok <3 (yes I am trying to convince myself at the same time ;) )

horizon

Post by horizon » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 am

Fuglen_49 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:35 am
On another matter. Maybe an info I should have shared before : according to the info I got, it's unlikely we'll have the results bf the deadline. Because of Brexit, they need to ensure that all applicants who get the fellowship in UK have the right to work there. That can take some times. So get some rest, do some work and self care, and stop driving yourself crazy.
You are all going to be ok <3 (yes I am trying to convince myself at the same time ;) )
Hi. Probably not true. I have applied in UK, and right to work is something that you apply for through the department after your position is secured

Cinder

Post by Cinder » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 am

I just opened a screenshot that had an email notification on the top. Even that freaked me out.
I think I will need to be treated for my notification phobia after all this is over.

Fuglen_49

Post by Fuglen_49 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am

horizon wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 am
Fuglen_49 wrote:
Hi. Probably not true. I have applied in UK, and right to work is something that you apply for through the department after your position is secured
I don't know. Just sharing what I have been told by NCP =)

Abz

Post by Abz » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am

Yes, this makes sense. However, I think there is still a question mark over whether the UK will be participating as the final details of the agreement are not clear.

horizon wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 am
Fuglen_49 wrote:

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am

Fuglen_49 wrote:
Once again speculation about Brexit impact...
Don't think you will have problems to get a visa with a MSCA grant...
You are bringing your own money so they will let you in

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:49 am

Fuglen_49 wrote:
From what I saw, the grants granted to UK will be funded by UK. So after doing the ranking (which took place last Wednesday), it is quite likely that MSCA will send the results to UK NCP which will decide how many candidates they will take depending on their funds. And I think that is what the UK NCP were talking about, this extra step will likely delay the results....

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:55 am

AnotherCandidate wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:49 am
Fuglen_49 wrote:
From what I saw, the grants granted to UK will be funded by UK. So after doing the ranking (which took place last Wednesday), it is quite likely that MSCA will send the results to UK NCP which will decide how many candidates they will take depending on their funds. And I think that is what the UK NCP were talking about, this extra step will likely delay the results....
From what I know, UK is still participating in the EU Research and Innovation budget. I understood that if UK's organisations obtained more funding from Horizon Europe than the UK original contribution, the UK will have to pay the difference.
It is not possible to let the NCP decide. If they do that, the ranking will be completely fucked up.

It is in the Brexit agreement!

horizon

Post by horizon » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 am

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:55 am
AnotherCandidate wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:49 am
Fuglen_49 wrote:
From what I know, UK is still participating in the EU Research and Innovation budget. I understood that if UK's organisations obtained more funding from Horizon Europe than the UK original contribution, the UK will have to pay the difference.
It is not possible to let the NCP decide. If they do that, the ranking will be completely fucked up.

It is in the Brexit agreement!
This is correct.