2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Justt

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Justt » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:24 pm

Really?
KathyHappy wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Unlucky wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:46 pm
Ok. Ok. Thank you for your responses. God bless all.
Iam ready for my second attempt :lol:
I like your spirit

Unlucky

Post by Unlucky » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:25 pm

UKR wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:55 pm
My suggestion is to have a new host. Why?
1. You might be focused on weaknesses mentioned by this round while the next round has new reviewers and they will make new things.
2. You will learn new skills from a new host.
3. Working from zero will be more fun.
Unlucky wrote:
Thank you for your suggestion. I believe I will learn to improve for my next attempt. New host?. It will be very difficult to find one as it depends on matching of research areas.

Anxiety

Post by Anxiety » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:27 pm

NCP wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:05 pm
Anxiety wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:01 pm
Unlucky wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:26 pm
What does it mean when still in evaluation phase? Can someone clarify pls?
I've read that some people in evaluation phase got funded in previous calls. I don't want to lose faith :D I'm also still in evaluation (it is also my first time applying to the fellowship).
No, we haven't found anyone like that. The only person that seemed like it did not check their status before the announcement of results. It's possible that they ranked before the results were released. All others who were in Evaluation until the last day didn't get the grant.
For example, @Chemcps (Thu Mar 2022, 2:36pm) wrote:

"One of my friend also has the status evaluation for the longer time got grant for the last year (even some one who posted phase changes to ranking immediately has not received the seal of excellence)"

I've also read some posts from people who ranked early and didn't make the threshold or even from people who were in Evaluation and apparently got a good score. I'm not sure that status change indicates anything relevant... :?:

NCP

Post by NCP » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Anxiety wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:27 pm
NCP wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:05 pm
Anxiety wrote:

I've read that some people in evaluation phase got funded in previous calls. I don't want to lose faith :D I'm also still in evaluation (it is also my first time applying to the fellowship).
No, we haven't found anyone like that. The only person that seemed like it did not check their status before the announcement of results. It's possible that they ranked before the results were released. All others who were in Evaluation until the last day didn't get the grant.
For example, @Chemcps (Thu Mar 2022, 2:36pm) wrote:

"One of my friend also has the status evaluation for the longer time got grant for the last year (even some one who posted phase changes to ranking immediately has not received the seal of excellence)"

I've also read some posts from people who ranked early and didn't make the threshold or even from people who were in Evaluation and apparently got a good score. I'm not sure that status change indicates anything relevant... :?:
These are all people whose phase changed to ranking albeit very late.

Anxiety wrote:
people who were in Evaluation and apparently got a good score.
These talks about being in the evaluation group and having a good score - (not getting the grants). One can be in the evaluation group and have 85 or even 70. None of these translates to getting the grant. But we have a good sample this year and hopefully, we will be able to help those who will be applying next year.

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:35 pm

So... I have this theory that a little mouse has our results and they have to place it in a maze that represents the ranking list. The better the results, the nearer it is to the entrance of the maze, the worse, the closest it is to the centre of the maze. So that's why it takes so long for some to get to ranking :lol:

sorry, humour is my coping mechanism!!

Unlucky

Post by Unlucky » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:37 pm

Just curious to know. Still we have couple of days. Does anyone has previous year experience of phase changing from evaluation to ranking very late and ended up with getting the grant?

And this is called my last hope :mrgreen:
Last edited by Unlucky on Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NCP

Post by NCP » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 pm

I think rather than looking at the specific date that a person ranked, I think we should be looking at the time difference.
For example, rapid change to ranking from submission like 5mins compared to hours or days. Even someone that ranked on March 2 may get the grant if they have a rapid change (within 2/5mins) -- I think

---just another speculation

mc_paranoia

Post by mc_paranoia » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:49 pm

NCP wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 pm
I think rather than looking at the specific date that a person ranked, I think we should be looking at the time difference.
For example, rapid change to ranking from submission like 5mins compared to hours or days. Even someone that ranked on March 2 may get the grant if they have a rapid change (within 2/5mins) -- I think

Which I dispute, because on the 2nd day the waiting time from the start of the status change for all to going to ranking is 24h, and still I expect that some people who got the ranking on the 2nd day would get the grant.

lucaJ

Post by lucaJ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:51 pm

NCP wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 pm

That's my preferred working hypothesis (with bias ahah, since I'm a 2nd march ranked).
Let me also propose the following statistical argument. If about 14% usually get the fellowship (for GF I think this rises to 18%), and that this forum is a good sample, then it is actually very unlikely that 1 March changes correlate to getting the fellowship. Indeed, most of people reported a change that day. (Actually, this simple argument rather go in the direction of advocating 2nd march changes as better..).

KathyHappy

Post by KathyHappy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:51 pm

Justt wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:24 pm
Really?
KathyHappy wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Unlucky wrote:
I like your spirit
I mean at least the ability to piece all disappointment, misery, and pain together after failure (in the hypothesis scenario, not saying @Unlucky fails) and take the courage to redo and continue is admirable.

Preparing for the worse situation is my way to deal with these kinds of things, so I could comfort myself I knew it and try not to be too suffering although it's very very hard

Actually, you saw my username and you know why I took Happy? Because I'm so unhappy and would like to remind myself of trying to be
Last edited by KathyHappy on Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.