2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

cgchem

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by cgchem » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:15 pm

MSCCCCCC wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pm
MSCCCCCC wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:06 pm
MSCCCCCC wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:04 pm

ok merci!! or should I say... obrigada ;)
btw, another Brazilian here... but living in Europe. I really admire those who are doing research in Brazil, you guys are hero!! (but yes, try to get out ASAP, things are much easier for research on this side of the Atlantic right now!!).
oops I didn't mean that I thought topsy-turvy is Brazilian, it's just bc I said obrigada (which also gives away my gender ;) and I thought of all the Brazilians writing here...
A lot of Brazilians :D myself included ;)

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:16 pm

MSCCCCCC wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:06 pm
MSCCCCCC wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:04 pm
Topsyturvy wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Nothing obvious seems to have changed for me on either the platform or the magic link.
ok merci!! or should I say... obrigada ;)
btw, another Brazilian here... but living in Europe. I really admire those who are doing research in Brazil, you guys are hero!! (but yes, try to get out ASAP, things are much easier for research on this side of the Atlantic right now!!).

horizon

Post by horizon » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:01 pm

My current state
Attachments
68bsan.jpeg
68bsan.jpeg (131.73 KiB) Viewed 3693 times

beymsca

Post by beymsca » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:29 pm
Fu Manchu wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:13 pm
beymsca wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:40 pm

It sounds like Brazil.
We are all f#%& here in Brazil. I am teaching in a public school in which I earn less 3 dollars per hour, just to have some dignity :lol: . I have a PhD from a prestigious UK university and even an international prize, but people just dont understand academia as "real work" in here.

Btw, did anyone apply to the SNSF Horizon in Switzerland? Basically it was the same application - project size, durante of the fellowship, and even templates - as MSCA. I tried it, but I dont have any idea in relation to how many people will be funded. People who tried MSCA this year should take a look at this scheme. You probably have 90% of the application ready.
We are big time screwed in green and yellow, as we say! Hahahahahaha
I haven't applied to anything else abroad. Honestly, I am not familiar with these opportunities, so this forum has also been of great help to get me familiar with the opportunities for fellowship s abroad. I was thinking of trying Fapesp if MSCA doesn't work (which is also quite difficult to get), but I'd much prefer to have an international fellowship if I am able to get one... Just to get my foot out of the door, you know?!
I hold a PD FAPESP scholarship. Actually, I'm about to finish my third post-doc — two in Brazil and one in the USA. In the last years, there were not great opportunities in my field (botany) in Brazil, so I applied for many schemes abroad. Indeed, the PD FAPESP scholarship is quite tricky to get, but you can request reconsiderations about the outcome as much as you want. That's the big difference from other schemes elsewhere! I strongly encourage you to apply for a PD FAPESP if you don't get the MSCA. Btw, if you hold a PD FAPESP scholarship, you can apply for up to 12 months in any country you want (visiting scholar). It's an outstanding scholarship! — the most prestigious in Brazil.

dw2022

Post by dw2022 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:26 pm

horizon wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:01 pm
My current state
gonna open a second beer, cheers to the longest weekend :twisted:

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:58 pm

beymsca wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:43 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:29 pm
Fu Manchu wrote:

We are all f#%& here in Brazil. I am teaching in a public school in which I earn less 3 dollars per hour, just to have some dignity :lol: . I have a PhD from a prestigious UK university and even an international prize, but people just dont understand academia as "real work" in here.

Btw, did anyone apply to the SNSF Horizon in Switzerland? Basically it was the same application - project size, durante of the fellowship, and even templates - as MSCA. I tried it, but I dont have any idea in relation to how many people will be funded. People who tried MSCA this year should take a look at this scheme. You probably have 90% of the application ready.
We are big time screwed in green and yellow, as we say! Hahahahahaha
I haven't applied to anything else abroad. Honestly, I am not familiar with these opportunities, so this forum has also been of great help to get me familiar with the opportunities for fellowship s abroad. I was thinking of trying Fapesp if MSCA doesn't work (which is also quite difficult to get), but I'd much prefer to have an international fellowship if I am able to get one... Just to get my foot out of the door, you know?!
I hold a PD FAPESP scholarship. Actually, I'm about to finish my third post-doc — two in Brazil and one in the USA. In the last years, there were not great opportunities in my field (botany) in Brazil, so I applied for many schemes abroad. Indeed, the PD FAPESP scholarship is quite tricky to get, but you can request reconsiderations about the outcome as much as you want. That's the big difference from other schemes elsewhere! I strongly encourage you to apply for a PD FAPESP if you don't get the MSCA. Btw, if you hold a PD FAPESP scholarship, you can apply for up to 12 months in any country you want (visiting scholar). It's an outstanding scholarship! — the most prestigious in Brazil.
yeah, fapesp is quite prestigious (and hard to get!)
Cheers, enjoy the longest weekend ever (since GoT was the hype! kkkk)

MSCA2021_EF_ENGG

Post by MSCA2021_EF_ENGG » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:19 am

Fu Manchu wrote:
beymsca wrote:
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:37 pm

I have a job, but my country's situation for research is very precarious. I've been thinking to get a foot abroad to try my chances... But yes, I've done a handful of odd jobs in my life... And I don't know about you guys,but here in my country when you say you're a postdoc people ask you "so you don't work, just studying" hahahhahahaba
It sounds like Brazil.

Btw, did anyone apply to the SNSF Horizon in Switzerland? Basically it was the same application - project size, duration of the fellowship, and even templates - as MSCA. I tried it, but I dont have any idea in relation to how many people will be funded. People who tried MSCA this year should take a look at this scheme. You probably have 90% of the application ready.
I also applied for an SNSF grant. When I interacted with people from the research office from the host institution in Swiss they told me the success rate will be higher than MSCA. Actually, the application also included a section that asked for details on the MSCA proposal.. In fact, there were guidelines to update the results of MSCA to the SNSF post-doc team once it is out...

JASON_LIU

Post by JASON_LIU » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am

MSCA2021_EF_ENGG wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:19 am
Fu Manchu wrote:
beymsca wrote:

It sounds like Brazil.

Btw, did anyone apply to the SNSF Horizon in Switzerland? Basically it was the same application - project size, duration of the fellowship, and even templates - as MSCA. I tried it, but I dont have any idea in relation to how many people will be funded. People who tried MSCA this year should take a look at this scheme. You probably have 90% of the application ready.
I also applied for an SNSF grant. When I interacted with people from the research office from the host institution in Swiss they told me the success rate will be higher than MSCA. Actually, the application also included a section that asked for details on the MSCA proposal.. In fact, there were guidelines to update the results of MSCA to the SNSF post-doc team once it is out...

Why I could't find we could apply for the SNSF grant? Are these two scholarships in conflict?

horizon

Post by horizon » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:47 am

JASON_LIU wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am
MSCA2021_EF_ENGG wrote:
Fu Manchu wrote:

Why I could't find we could apply for the SNSF grant? Are these two scholarships in conflict?
https://www.snf.ch/en/D1msuMDp4YhrV2i6/ ... ng-october

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:29 pm

MSCA2021_EF_ENGG wrote:
Fu Manchu wrote:
beymsca wrote:

It sounds like Brazil.

Oh, this sounds good. I applied in a hurry, so I wasnt able to get this kind of details.

Thanks for the info.