2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Bahador

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Bahador » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:52 pm

michelef wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:47 pm
2021 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:12 pm
How much you are sure that results will be announced on Monday (14/03/2022)???
This is basically psychological warfare... Are you a panel member from EC?
Damn!!! :lol: :D

MSCA_Failure

Post by MSCA_Failure » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:48 pm
So this experience has me revaluating my life choices... I am in my 40s, living on rent, no car, counting pennies by the end of the month... begging for discounts on conferences... I look around and see my peers from undergrad that went into the industry with their well-organized financial lives...

So, by September I decided to give it a shot and started looking for a prospective supervisor in Europe, hoping for a change in my career and stability. I found this host, they were very gracious. I intended to apply for an international mobility fellowship from my home country. In our interview, the host asked me if I´d be interested in applying for MSCA, but they told me the deadline was very tight. At this point, I had never heard about MSCA before. I started working on my proposal in mid-September. It was very difficult, different from any other proposal I had ever written (which are not many). The hosty could not send me any successful application, but they send me an unseusscefull one, with the evaluation comments, to guide me as to what not to do. At the time, I was on vacation, so I was working around the clock, sending texts to them every two or three days, they would make comments and corrections within hours. The international office in the host was superb, helping me with the bureaucratic aspects, even reading through the whole thing and giving me pointers.

So, I have been holding to this chance as my last straw of hope to turn my career and my life around, but since joining this forum I realized what a big shot it is, and it requires a long time of preparation...
Dear Cr@zyChem,

Same story here. Despite 2 independent postdocs and three collaborative major research projects (on different research capacities), I am still struggling to get tenure position in my India and have applied for the MSCA PF with the hope to move in Europe. May I know where are you from?

horizon

Post by horizon » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:16 pm

michelef wrote:
2021 wrote:
Psychological warfare... Best comment ever

michelef

Post by michelef » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:23 pm

horizon wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:16 pm
michelef wrote:
2021 wrote:
Getting the results on Monday is our last hope to get back to a pseudo-normal life... We don't need fear and doubt in this difficult moment

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:50 pm

horizon wrote:
michelef wrote:
2021 wrote:
I did curse out loud in Italian when I read the post... Italian is not my mother language, but I find it the best language for cursing, as it involves the entire body in the cursing action kkkkkk

UKR

Post by UKR » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:52 pm

If I get MSCA I will learn, otherwise will see the next host language.
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:50 pm
horizon wrote:
michelef wrote:

I did curse out loud in Italian when I read the post... Italian is not my mother language, but I find it the best language for cursing, as it involves the entire body in the cursing action kkkkkk

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm

MSCA_Failure wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
So this experience has me revaluating my life choices... I am in my 40s, living on rent, no car, counting pennies by the end of the month... begging for discounts on conferences... I look around and see my peers from undergrad that went into the industry with their well-organized financial lives...

So, by September I decided to give it a shot and started looking for a prospective supervisor in Europe, hoping for a change in my career and stability. I found this host, they were very gracious. I intended to apply for an international mobility fellowship from my home country. In our interview, the host asked me if I´d be interested in applying for MSCA, but they told me the deadline was very tight. At this point, I had never heard about MSCA before. I started working on my proposal in mid-September. It was very difficult, different from any other proposal I had ever written (which are not many). The hosty could not send me any successful application, but they send me an unseusscefull one, with the evaluation comments, to guide me as to what not to do. At the time, I was on vacation, so I was working around the clock, sending texts to them every two or three days, they would make comments and corrections within hours. The international office in the host was superb, helping me with the bureaucratic aspects, even reading through the whole thing and giving me pointers.

So, I have been holding to this chance as my last straw of hope to turn my career and my life around, but since joining this forum I realized what a big shot it is, and it requires a long time of preparation...
Dear Cr@zyChem,

Same story here. Despite 2 independent postdocs and three collaborative major research projects (on different research capacities), I am still struggling to get tenure position in my India and have applied for the MSCA PF with the hope to move in Europe. May I know where are you from?
Yeah, I am flabbergasted hearing to all of you people, academic brilliant, and yet struggling. Academia is not fair in the great scheme of things. In other areas mediocre professionals might still succeed, while in academia brilliant people are struggling! I wish you all the best now and in your future endeavours.
Btw, I am from São Paulo,Brazil (shout out to all my fellow Brazilians in the forum!)

fourtimesfailedmsca

Post by fourtimesfailedmsca » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:58 pm

Do you think Marie Curie herself would have won the MSCA scholarship named after her?

UKR

Post by UKR » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Maybe after fifth submission.
fourtimesfailedmsca wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:58 pm
Do you think Marie Curie herself would have won the MSCA scholarship named after her?

MSCA_Failure

Post by MSCA_Failure » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:07 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm
MSCA_Failure wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:

Dear Cr@zyChem,

Yeah, I am flabbergasted hearing to all of you people, academic brilliant, and yet struggling. Academia is not fair in the great scheme of things. In other areas mediocre professionals might still succeed, while in academia brilliant people are struggling! I wish you all the best now and in your future endeavours.
Btw, I am from São Paulo,Brazil (shout out to all my fellow Brazilians in the forum!)
Thank you for your reply. Keep in touch