2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

horizon

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:29 am

MSCA_2021 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:24 am
I just read my daily horoscope and it says, "deliveries that you may be expecting today might be delayed or held up". This is some prediction by the way!
This is true for every aspect of my life, right from grocery deliveries, to making my in laws happy to my biceps never growing to MSCA results

Damanera

Post by Damanera » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:30 am

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:27 am
Damanera wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:27 am
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:26 am

That's not totally true...
You can apparently communicate with them using the "Launch new interaction with the EU" option on the top right corner of the follow-up page.
But I am not sure them will answer...
Tried it . It doesn’t work.
I am not surprised
Says “ no options available “. I mean I am the only one trying to get the EC to respect deadlines, I mean it is within our rights or that’s a bit too pushy or whatever for most of the people?

hubirai

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 am

Guys, I have been following the forum for a while. Last year I applied and got 83, mostly my bad, I got 3.2 from implementation part, they did not like the colors of my table and WP time-spans. Anyhow, for this year I have been waiting like most of you guys, and just another reckless speculation, could the Russian invasion of Ukraine have caused a last minute delay because of sanctions in Russia as well as probable inability to unfortunately conduct research in Ukrainian institutions as hosts? After all if you applied from an institution in Kharkiv it is unlikely that you will be going there any time soon, so maybe they are working on a solution for this, not to mention the fact that Russia is cut of from the swift, so, even if EC does not exclude RUssian institutes, there will be practical problems such as getting a visa as well as transferring money to a Russian institution. Could these factors whichliterally popped up at the last minute be causing a delay?

michelef

Post by michelef » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 am

Bahador wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:28 am
The server will be down between 13:00 and 13:30...Hmmmmm!!!
In the last few weeks the Funding and Tenders portal has been down for "maintenance" once every few days or even less, so I don't think this means anything

michelef

Post by michelef » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am

hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 am
Guys, I have been following the forum for a while. Last year I applied and got 83, mostly my bad, I got 3.2 from implementation part, they did not like the colors of my table and WP time-spans. Anyhow, for this year I have been waiting like most of you guys, and just another reckless speculation, could the Russian invasion of Ukraine have caused a last minute delay because of sanctions in Russia as well as probable inability to unfortunately conduct research in Ukrainian institutions as hosts? After all if you applied from an institution in Kharkiv it is unlikely that you will be going there any time soon, so maybe they are working on a solution for this, not to mention the fact that Russia is cut of from the swift, so, even if EC does not exclude RUssian institutes, there will be practical problems such as getting a visa as well as transferring money to a Russian institution. Could these factors whichliterally popped up at the last minute be causing a delay?
That's a good point, but I don't think it would delay the results. The evaluation has already been done, probably months ago, and nothing can change the results I guess. You're right that they have some important things to figure out concerning fellowships to Ukraine, but I think it's something that they will do afterwards

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am

hubirai wrote:
I don't think they will disadvantage the applicants.
The results will not be changed and the applicants will probably have to change the host institution as this is a possibility during the course of the fellowship.

marinemicrobe

Post by marinemicrobe » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:37 am

Guys, I know the wait is very difficult to deal with but we have no other options.

If 10,000 people send emails to the teams, all we're doing is slowing them down.

Also, remember this is a new program (Horizon Europe), so they might have some things to work out. We're the guinea pigs, it's the first year!

It is what it is, we just have to be a bit reasonable here... hang in there, fellow scientists!

(I'm totally pretending to be calm and have perspective but I'm very anxious. I think it helps, in a weird way, that I'm really expecting it won't happen for me. It softens the blow and lowers the expectations).

Also, to the person who asked me about my citizenship: I'm French and got funded in a French lab on a MSCA-COFUND program. I was very lucky since the conditions to apply are restrictive, and you can't apply if you've been in the country where you are applying for more than 12 months and I was just back from my US postdoc at the time. This year I wouldn't be eligible. It's all about applying to as many things as you can, and then of course you need some serious luck.

iteration

Post by iteration » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:39 am

Seneca seems appropriate for this forum:

They lose the day in expectation of the night, and the night in fear of the dawn.—Seneca

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:42 am

michelef wrote:
Bahador wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:28 am
The server will be down between 13:00 and 13:30...Hmmmmm!!!
In the last few weeks the Funding and Tenders portal has been down for "maintenance" once every few days or even less, so I don't think this means anything
Understanding how the EC is dealing with results announcement getting much more arduous than finding a cure for cancer!

horizon

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am

marinemicrobe wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:37 am
Guys, I know the wait is very difficult to deal with but we have no other options.

If 10,000 people send emails to the teams, all we're doing is slowing them down.

Also, remember this is a new program (Horizon Europe), so they might have some things to work out. We're the guinea pigs, it's the first year!

It is what it is, we just have to be a bit reasonable here... hang in there, fellow scientists!

(I'm totally pretending to be calm and have perspective but I'm very anxious. I think it helps, in a weird way, that I'm really expecting it won't happen for me. It softens the blow and lowers the expectations).

Also, to the person who asked me about my citizenship: I'm French and got funded in a French lab on a MSCA-COFUND program. I was very lucky since the conditions to apply are restrictive, and you can't apply if you've been in the country where you are applying for more than 12 months and I was just back from my US postdoc at the time. This year I wouldn't be eligible. It's all about applying to as many things as you can, and then of course you need some serious luck.
Attachments
captain-obvious-thank-you.gif
captain-obvious-thank-you.gif (35.48 KiB) Viewed 2272 times