2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

horizon

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am

iteration wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:39 am
Seneca seems appropriate for this forum:

They lose the day in expectation of the night, and the night in fear of the dawn.—Seneca
This is very apt

hubirai

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am
hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 am
Guys, I have been following the forum for a while. Last year I applied and got 83, mostly my bad, I got 3.2 from implementation part, they did not like the colors of my table and WP time-spans. Anyhow, for this year I have been waiting like most of you guys, and just another reckless speculation, could the Russian invasion of Ukraine have caused a last minute delay because of sanctions in Russia as well as probable inability to unfortunately conduct research in Ukrainian institutions as hosts? After all if you applied from an institution in Kharkiv it is unlikely that you will be going there any time soon, so maybe they are working on a solution for this, not to mention the fact that Russia is cut of from the swift, so, even if EC does not exclude RUssian institutes, there will be practical problems such as getting a visa as well as transferring money to a Russian institution. Could these factors whichliterally popped up at the last minute be causing a delay?
I don't think they will disadvantage the applicants.
The results will not be changed and the applicants will probably have to change the host institution as this is a possibility during the course of the fellowship.
The results, that is the points we received will naturally will not change, but this development can change the budget, and we are talking about EU, they count every penny that they will spend. So if the applicant will be moved from a Russian or a Ukranian host to say a Polish one, the country coefficient etc. all will change, hence the available budget might change. And also will they let the applicant to choose a host of their own liking or limit it to widening countries etc. I am just speculating that these decisions might be delaying the formal announcement. I am really hoping that I am wrong. I already accepted the fact that I will not get it this year as well, so am looking at other schemes, but for the sanity of those of you waiting in excitement, I hope I am wrong and the results will be released soon.

dw2022

Post by dw2022 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:48 am

I only want an intime delivery of the result, no matter how bad it is, to end the restless waiting and to move on :geek:

Damanera

Post by Damanera » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 am

horizon wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am
marinemicrobe wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:37 am
Guys, I know the wait is very difficult to deal with but we have no other options.

If 10,000 people send emails to the teams, all we're doing is slowing them down.

Also, remember this is a new program (Horizon Europe), so they might have some things to work out. We're the guinea pigs, it's the first year!

It is what it is, we just have to be a bit reasonable here... hang in there, fellow scientists!

(I'm totally pretending to be calm and have perspective but I'm very anxious. I think it helps, in a weird way, that I'm really expecting it won't happen for me. It softens the blow and lowers the expectations).

Also, to the person who asked me about my citizenship: I'm French and got funded in a French lab on a MSCA-COFUND program. I was very lucky since the conditions to apply are restrictive, and you can't apply if you've been in the country where you are applying for more than 12 months and I was just back from my US postdoc at the time. This year I wouldn't be eligible. It's all about applying to as many things as you can, and then of course you need some serious luck.
😂 oh Horizon, I think I love you 😂

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:53 am

new theory ... last year the forum was at pg. 412 when the emails starting coming in... so maybe THAT's what they're waiting for :lol:

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:53 am

Damanera wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 am
horizon wrote:
marinemicrobe wrote:
Guys, I know the wait is very difficult to deal with but we have no other options.

If 10,000 people send emails to the teams, all we're doing is slowing them down.

Also, remember this is a new program (Horizon Europe), so they might have some things to work out. We're the guinea pigs, it's the first year!

It is what it is, we just have to be a bit reasonable here... hang in there, fellow scientists!

(I'm totally pretending to be calm and have perspective but I'm very anxious. I think it helps, in a weird way, that I'm really expecting it won't happen for me. It softens the blow and lowers the expectations).

Also, to the person who asked me about my citizenship: I'm French and got funded in a French lab on a MSCA-COFUND program. I was very lucky since the conditions to apply are restrictive, and you can't apply if you've been in the country where you are applying for more than 12 months and I was just back from my US postdoc at the time. This year I wouldn't be eligible. It's all about applying to as many things as you can, and then of course you need some serious luck.
I already said that ! :evil:

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:55 am

Honestly, I can't take this anymore. My life's on hold...
What is puzzling me is: have we been trolled by that user that said to have received the results on Friday?
Last edited by Cr@zyChem on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:55 am

MSCCCCCC wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:53 am
new theory ... last year the forum was at pg. 412 when the emails starting coming in... so maybe THAT's what they're waiting for :lol:
That might be possible :geek:

horizon

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:57 am

Damanera wrote:
horizon wrote:
marinemicrobe wrote:

:lol: :lol:
What I hate is that people think they can just come and start pontificating as if we didn't think of all of this. For example this someone who is French and lives in France, there is a clear lack of empathy for others for example South east Asia, Africa, south America etc etc, where opportunities are lesser and a lot hangs by a thread. Like, look at several people on this forum, who have stayed away from their families and mostly worked through 10 times the competition than in the developed countries to even have the same kind of opportunities. So, to just start advising as if everyone else has or had the same kind of luxury is annoying at best and arrogant at worst.
Last edited by horizon on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

horizon

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:57 am

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:53 am
Damanera wrote:
horizon wrote:
I already said that ! :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: