2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Fu Manchu

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Fu Manchu » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm

4degrees wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:30 pm
If the results are being postponed, you would have thought that the EC knew about this before today or the weekend, so how difficult would it have been for them to change the inform date in the portal?

Just like last year, it's the poor communication from them that is getting on the nerves of everyone.
Exactly. They probably know about the delay for days (maybe weeks). It is not a herculean effort to announce something like that in advance. Just make a tweet or something.

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm

Topsyturvy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:17 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:55 pm
Topsyturvy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi -- I did get the result (and, no, I did not troll you). I'm also still here anxiously waiting because the widening (now ERA, apparently) means you are in the waiting list for the main call so I'm anxious to find out what the final ranking was.
My dear, I apologize. I am much on the edge, and not much fun to be around...
This had me thinking of a book I read when I was teenager, by a writer Jose Saramago the book is called Ensaio sobre a Cegueira, I think it has been translated as Blindness. There's a pandemic, everybody go blind, just one person keeps her eyesight. When the blinds discover,her life becomes miserable... I think amongst us blind, you have your eyesight. I am sorry for causing you any discomfort. Enjoy your achiement, you deserve it!
Thanks for writing that -- I understand that I just dropped in to announce it and then disappeared. I was so sure the results would come today because our host already received the info that we got two ERAs. They are very well networked so I *really* doubt it's wrong. I really wonder what the hold-up is if the results have already been decided. No idea.
Here's a crazy idea.: Do you think your host could obtain the list, then you'd be "the Dreamer" of this call? :lol:

Topsyturvy

Post by Topsyturvy » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:22 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm
Topsyturvy wrote:
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:55 pm

My dear, I apologize. I am much on the edge, and not much fun to be around...
This had me thinking of a book I read when I was teenager, by a writer Jose Saramago the book is called Ensaio sobre a Cegueira, I think it has been translated as Blindness. There's a pandemic, everybody go blind, just one person keeps her eyesight. When the blinds discover,her life becomes miserable... I think amongst us blind, you have your eyesight. I am sorry for causing you any discomfort. Enjoy your achiement, you deserve it!
Thanks for writing that -- I understand that I just dropped in to announce it and then disappeared. I was so sure the results would come today because our host already received the info that we got two ERAs. They are very well networked so I *really* doubt it's wrong. I really wonder what the hold-up is if the results have already been decided. No idea.
Here's a crazy idea.: Do you think your host could obtain the list, then you'd be "the Dreamer" of this call? :lol:
Haha, you mean sneak into the administrator's office when no one's looking and nab the list... hmmm 8-) :lol:

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Topsyturvy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:22 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm
Topsyturvy wrote:

Haha, you mean sneak into the administrator's office when no one's looking and nab the list... hmmm 8-) :lol:
Noooo ... Actually ask and obtain the list, like dreamer did...kkkkk
Oh dreamer, we miss you!

marinemicrobe

Post by marinemicrobe » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:23 pm

horizon wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:57 am
Damanera wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 am
horizon wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am
😂 oh Horizon, I think I love you 😂
:lol: :lol:
What I hate is that people think they can just come and start pontificating as if we didn't think of all of this. For example this someone who is French and lives in France, there is a clear lack of empathy for others for example South east Asia, Africa, south America etc etc, where opportunities are lesser and a lot hangs by a thread. Like, look at several people on this forum, who have stayed away from their families and mostly worked through 10 times the competition than in the developed countries to even have the same kind of opportunities. So, to just start advising as if everyone else has or had the same kind of luxury is annoying at best and arrogant at worst.

I'm sorry my post was perceived like this. I definitely don't mean to lack empathy . I, too, have been hanging by a thread and I'm actively trying to avoid the psychological damage that comes with the circumstances in which we do our jobs. I know there are big inequalities among people and we don't all get the same chances in life.

My only point was: this grant is very difficult to get and no one should base their entire life on getting it. Like, if you want to play the lottery, that's your choice, but don't make life decisions based on the very unlikely chance that you'll wake up one day and be a millionaire.
Have we all worked very hard for this? Sure. Are there many excellent proposals that are going to be rejected? Definitely. Is it fair that it works like this? NO. We can't change it though - not today at least.

I also think attacking each other right now isn't super productive. We're all anxious.

I'm sorry I offended you - it wasn't my intent.

hubirai

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:26 pm

MY Projects just popped up under My Proposals a few minutes ago, and I have had no project funded by EC so or EU so far, so this is something new. Probably my Russia-Ukraine speculation was wrong and something is happening right now.

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:29 pm

hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:26 pm
MY Projects just popped up under My Proposals a few minutes ago, and I have had no project funded by EC so or EU so far, so this is something new. Probably my Russia-Ukraine speculation was wrong and something is happening right now.
Indeed still yet probable to see the results today, wish you all best of luck!

hubirai

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:32 pm

Bahador wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:29 pm
hubirai wrote:
Indeed still yet probable to see the results today, wish you all best of luck!
Thanks, earlier I was pessimistic that the whole Russia sanctions issue and the probable inability of hosts in Ukraine to host any projects made me think that the last minute crisis might delay the announcements, because the budget and the rules of re-assignment to new hosts for those applicants whose hosts are in Russia or Ukraine might probably take some time, but it seems they are working on something. I never had "My Projects before in the system. And best of luck to you all.

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:32 pm

hubirai wrote:
just checked. No changes for me there

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:12 pm

Here we are... At least another night waiting...
Attachments
Dog.png
Dog.png (86.26 KiB) Viewed 2419 times