2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

little_m

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by little_m » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:01 pm

The fun thing is, I did not expect that waiting for the results will have such a tremendous psychological impact on me... and my productivity. I have some experience writing international proposals with some degree of success, but this is somewhat unexpected. Thinking about effort I've put into the application, I am thinking that this one beats easily everything I've done before (Fulbright, national grant schemes, international scholarships..).

When compared to other proposals you wrote, how much effort did you put into MSCA?
For those who failed last year, do you see some benefits in writing even that one unsuccessful application?

JASON_LIU

Post by JASON_LIU » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Topsyturvy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:17 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:55 pm
Topsyturvy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi -- I did get the result (and, no, I did not troll you). I'm also still here anxiously waiting because the widening (now ERA, apparently) means you are in the waiting list for the main call so I'm anxious to find out what the final ranking was.
My dear, I apologize. I am much on the edge, and not much fun to be around...
This had me thinking of a book I read when I was teenager, by a writer Jose Saramago the book is called Ensaio sobre a Cegueira, I think it has been translated as Blindness. There's a pandemic, everybody go blind, just one person keeps her eyesight. When the blinds discover,her life becomes miserable... I think amongst us blind, you have your eyesight. I am sorry for causing you any discomfort. Enjoy your achiement, you deserve it!
Thanks for writing that -- I understand that I just dropped in to announce it and then disappeared. I was so sure the results would come today because our host already received the info that we got two ERAs. They are very well networked so I *really* doubt it's wrong. I really wonder what the hold-up is if the results have already been decided. No idea.

Are you sure that? If it is, the results will come out today.

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:04 pm

Answer from my NCP :

We don't have more information than you do about when the results will be released...

horizon

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:04 pm

little_m wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:01 pm
The fun thing is, I did not expect that waiting for the results will have such a tremendous psychological impact on me... and my productivity. I have some experience writing international proposals with some degree of success, but this is somewhat unexpected. Thinking about effort I've put into the application, I am thinking that this one beats easily everything I've done before (Fulbright, national grant schemes, international scholarships..).

When compared to other proposals you wrote, how much effort did you put into MSCA?
For those who failed last year, do you see some benefits in writing even that one unsuccessful application?
Well my MSCA became the backbone for all my postdoc applications. and I have applied to 6 of them including EMBO. So applying for MSCA is helpful even if not successful

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:06 pm

AnotherCandidate wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:04 pm
Answer from my NCP :

We don't have more information than you do about when the results will be released...
The same the same the same... :!:

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:08 pm

horizon wrote:
little_m wrote:

Well my MSCA became the backbone for all my postdoc applications. and I have applied to 6 of them including EMBO. So applying for MSCA is helpful even if not successful
Did you go for the EMBO this year also?

horizon

Post by horizon » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Bahador wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:08 pm
horizon wrote:
little_m wrote:

Yes. I actually applied for the first time this year. They should do the first screening by end of March

michelef

Post by michelef » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:10 pm

AnotherCandidate wrote:
Answer from my NCP :

Well, they always know nothing and have no information... but then it happens that results mysteriously leak before official announcement...

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:10 pm

horizon wrote:
Bahador wrote:
horizon wrote:

Yes. I actually applied for the first time this year. They should do the first screening by end of March
Same here! Wish to see them more precise about the end of March thing though ;)

levlada

Post by levlada » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:11 pm

From the MSCA advisor at my HI:

I am ok, waiting as you for the MCSA Postdoctoral Fellowships results.

They were expected officially for today, but they are not already available. You will receive an email from the European Commission.

I have also asked for details to the National Contact Point MSCA but he has not any further information. Checking in the page of the call now the foreseen timeline is the release in the second half of March.