2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Damanera

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Damanera » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:27 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:25 pm
It's just utterly disrespectful with us, professionals, that they wouldn't take a minute to post on their social media pages or directly at the portal about this delay.
It's unprofessional, it's disrespectful. I just can't wrap my mind around that this is how this institution that manages such huge grants can behave like this.
Welcome to page 260or something
Of this forum
😂

dramaQueen90

Post by dramaQueen90 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:29 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:25 pm
It's just utterly disrespectful with us, professionals, that they wouldn't take a minute to post on their social media pages or directly at the portal about this delay.
It's unprofessional, it's disrespectful. I just can't wrap my mind around that this is how this institution that manages such huge grants can behave like this.
Yes, I agree. Academia is pretty hard already. We would need some kind actions...waiting without a clear date is exhausting

Anxiety

Post by Anxiety » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:29 pm

MSCA_2021 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:17 pm
I want to share this daily horoscope again. It is surprisingly accurate! Copied directly from msn homepage

"Deliveries that you may be expecting could be delayed or held up. Today you might learn something shocking about a neighbor or relative - and gossip might spread very rapidly through your community."

o gosh!!!
My horoscope:

"Prediction: There are signs of getting the desired things. You will be better on both the personal and the professional front. The business will be positive. You will live up to the expectations. Family members will be happy"

Holy sh**, fellows :lol: :lol:

4degrees

Post by 4degrees » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:32 pm

As I said, I was just speculating, but in any case...
SezarArj wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm
These probabilities that you give are probably not true.
If the Ukraine-Russia war, delivery delays or systemic restrictions were the reason for the delay, they would have issued an official announcement.
So you can hope that the final results will be emailed in a few hours.

Was it really hard for them to officially announce the reason for this delay instead of ridiculous announcements on the portal? At least for their own reputation
As we've seen, they're poor at communicating, so I'm not so sure that the part I've put in bold would be true. I don't think they would make an official announcement unless it was going to delay the results until April or later.

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:33 pm

I f**** spend 1-day off from my job to see the results by myself, alone and they are not announcing it.
Thank you EC.

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:34 pm

horizon wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:04 pm
little_m wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:01 pm
The fun thing is, I did not expect that waiting for the results will have such a tremendous psychological impact on me... and my productivity. I have some experience writing international proposals with some degree of success, but this is somewhat unexpected. Thinking about effort I've put into the application, I am thinking that this one beats easily everything I've done before (Fulbright, national grant schemes, international scholarships..).

When compared to other proposals you wrote, how much effort did you put into MSCA?
For those who failed last year, do you see some benefits in writing even that one unsuccessful application?
Well my MSCA became the backbone for all my postdoc applications. and I have applied to 6 of them including EMBO. So applying for MSCA is helpful even if not successful
MSCA has been the longest, most frustrating and most involved proposal I have ever written. I already wrote 8 fellowships throughout my postdoc (already on my 4th year of postdoc). For the MSCA, it's the 3rd time that I used the same topic. I found my MSCA fellowship application very useful currently as I am writing a longer grant for a fellowship that is between a postdoc and PI position. It's apparently just a matter of editing some things. But MSCA is only the only fellowship that I have applied for that can give evaluation, so it can be useful for future applications.

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:36 pm

Steminist wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:33 pm
I f**** spend 1-day off from my job to see the results by myself, alone and they are not announcing it.
Thank you EC.
Steminist is here!
Same here chief! Just could be funny when I look back on today's browser history!!!

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Anxiety wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:29 pm
MSCA_2021 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:17 pm
I want to share this daily horoscope again. It is surprisingly accurate! Copied directly from msn homepage

"Deliveries that you may be expecting could be delayed or held up. Today you might learn something shocking about a neighbor or relative - and gossip might spread very rapidly through your community."

o gosh!!!
My horoscope:

"Prediction: There are signs of getting the desired things. You will be better on both the personal and the professional front. The business will be positive. You will live up to the expectations. Family members will be happy"

Holy sh**, fellows :lol: :lol:
I looked at my horoscope:
All your wants and needs are taken care of. We repeat: all of your wants and needs are taken care of. Trust that the Universe is a kind and loving parent that wants the best and only the best for you. Trust that you are and will always be connected to the stream of abundance. So, let go of the lack mentality. Let go of the need to hoard and hold on to what isn’t yours. You are ready to write a brand new story and the time to write a brand new story is now.

It's either the Universe will give it to me or I should just let go. Hahahaha

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Bahador wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:36 pm
Steminist wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:33 pm
Thank you EC.
Steminist is here!
Same here chief! Just could be funny when I look back on today's browser history!!!
Haha. I also took a day off and postponed an experiment. 😂

michelef

Post by michelef » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Another post from Facebook:

"This is the response I got from GR NCP: The results were supposed to be announced this week but there has been last minute announcement that there will be another delay"