2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Justt

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Justt » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:49 pm

Fu Manchu wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:20 pm
karbonnom wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:26 pm
Update!!!

https://twitter.com/MSCActions/status/1 ... 0695809028

‼️ #MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021 call | Notice for applicants:

The announcement of the call results has been delayed. The results will be announced before the end of March 2022.

@REA_research
MSCA 2021 Scores:

Excellence: 0.5
Impact: 5.0
Implementation: 0

Final Result: Rejection.
I was about giving my ratings on these criteria but mine will be a bit different on impact:

Excellence: 0.5
Impact: -5 (because of the suspense and emotional trauma)
Implementation: 0

Decision ofc is: Rejection
Last edited by Justt on Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CatTaotao

Post by CatTaotao » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:53 pm

“Exactly, they should live up to their own standards. So much talk about Gantt charts, transparency and ethical principles in anything involving human beings… and this what they do. Less organized than anybody who managed to submit before the deadline. Incredibly sad and disappointing.”

See a post for the msca official account, so true

fique86

Post by fique86 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:56 pm

So, the prediction is next week then. Let's suffer for another week.

In the meantime, I am exploring other options for a fellowship in the case my application is not successful and I remember that you guys were talking about the Swiss equivalence of MSCA - SNFS. Do you have any idea when they will be open this year for this fellowship?

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:57 pm

It sounds little bit like they're "getting back at" people for complaining about their announcement on Twitter last year, before the "rejections" were sent out... The way I read it, they have the results, they just can't figure out how to SEND them all simultaneously.

I'm wondering what makes them think that if they're haven't figured this out in several months, they're going to find a solution by next week. the New York Times sends out millions of emails every day at the same time... I'm not an IT person but this can't be that difficult.

Damanera

Post by Damanera » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:01 pm

My two cents about the delay. So normally REA first does the admissibility and eligibility check of all proposals before sending them to the review. By March those checks were done and ESR’s finalised. Then this happened:

Following the Russian invasion against Ukraine and in solidarity with the people of Ukraine, the Commission has decided to suspend the cooperation with Russian entities in research, science and innovation. The Commission will not conclude any new contracts nor any new agreements with Russian organisations under the Horizon Europe programme. Furthermore, the Commission is suspending payments to Russian entities under existing contracts. All ongoing projects, in which Russian research organisations are participating, are being reviewed – both under Horizon Europe and Horizon 2020, the previous EU programme for research and innovation.

So my guess is that this is the additional screening that REA is doing . Thoughts????
Last edited by Damanera on Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKR

Post by UKR » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Few more days to wait

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Damanera wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:01 pm
My two cents about the delay. So normally REA first does the admissibility and eligibility check of all proposals before sending them to the review. By March those checks were done and ESR’s finalised. Then this happened:

Following the Russian invasion against Ukraine and in solidarity with the people of Ukraine, the Commission has decided to suspend the cooperation with Russian entities in research, science and innovation. The Commission will not conclude any new contracts nor any new agreements with Russian organisations under the Horizon Europe programme. Furthermore, the Commission is suspending payments to Russian entities under existing contracts. All ongoing projects, in which Russian research organisations are participating, are being reviewed – both under Horizon Europe and Horizon 2020, the previous EU programme for research and innovation.

So my guess is that this is the additional screening that REA is doing . Thoughts????
It's logical, since it is the only thing that changed.

Also, the change in 'second half of March' happened around early February I think. The situation with Russia was heated back then, but I think EC knew were things were headed.

It makes sense also if you think that one of the first decisions were taken just one-two days after the first incidence of attack were the announced sanctions to Russia. I highly doubt they pulled an one-nighter to do that, they were preparing for some time.
Last edited by triad_Mon on Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damanera

Post by Damanera » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm

triad_Mon wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:07 pm
Damanera wrote:

Also, the change in 'second half of March' happened around early February I think. The situation with Russia was heated back then, but I think EC knew were things were headed.
Possibly. And I don’t they will send e-mails because it seems to me that the results will be communicate directly through the portal.

The press release is from 04/03. And it also says “ Under Horizon 2020, which was the EU's research and innovation funding programme from 2014-2020 with a budget of nearly €80 billion, there are still several ongoing projects. The Commission is suspending any payment to Russian entities under existing contracts. At present, there are 86 active projects under Horizon 2020, which involve 78 different Russian organisations. Out of these, 29 Russian organisations that are involved in 18 projects have been awarded €12.6 million of EU contributions.*” so not a lot of projects…

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 pm

Damanera wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm
triad_Mon wrote:
Damanera wrote:

Possibly. And I don’t they will send e-mails because it seems to me that the results will be communicate directly through the portal.
Also, true. But I hope we don't DoS them again next week :roll:

michelef

Post by michelef » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Damanera wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm
triad_Mon wrote:
Damanera wrote:

The press release is from 04/03. And it also says “ Under Horizon 2020, which was the EU's research and innovation funding programme from 2014-2020 with a budget of nearly €80 billion, there are still several ongoing projects. The Commission is suspending any payment to Russian entities under existing contracts. At present, there are 86 active projects under Horizon 2020, which involve 78 different Russian organisations. Out of these, 29 Russian organisations that are involved in 18 projects have been awarded €12.6 million of EU contributions.*” so not a lot of projects…
According to the EC website, under H2020 a total of 139 grant agreements were signed with the Russian Federation... So I think maybe only a few global fellowship have the outgoing phase in Russia each year. I don't really think that this is an issue justifying a week or even a longer delay.

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/dashboard/ ... c4/state/0